GemRB for AmigaOS4.1

Guest afxgroup

Hello,

I'm trying to update GemRB for OS4 to version 0.7.1 (at moment) but i have a lot of python errors when running bg1. the interface is invisible except if i move the mouse on a point on the screen but it disappear almost instant.. My question is.. which version of python is needed? i'm using 2.5 since is the latest we have

When the game starts:

http://pastebin.com/k9yhdp0s

In game errors:

http://pastebin.com/HseN3dp8

Any hints?

Yes. i did this. Now 0.7.2 is working correctly except when i exit the game. Actually it seems a problem on shared object code. Basically on OS4 seems that when the game execute the "return" instructions some shared library still in memory and while on linux (or other platforms) it doesn't seems a problem on os4 it crash with an "unknown error". This means that the library is still executing the code in the memory somewhere..

I must investigate deeper but it is hard to track down

I've resolved that problem adding an #ifndef on SDL_WaitThread on OpenALAudio.cpp

#ifndef __amigaos4__

SDL_WaitThread(musicThread, NULL);

#endif

That's because the threads on os4 are handled not so well in our SDL. For example we can kill a thread directly like other posix systems..

and then forcing the release methods on Interface.cpp

in the destructor at the end of function i've added:

#ifdef __amigaos4__

// This is needed by amigaos4 since the SDL destructor in the VideoDriver seems never called

if (video!=NULL) {

video->release();

video = NULL;

}

if (AudioDriver!=NULL) {

AudioDriver->release();

AudioDriver = NULL;

}

#endif

Now i have no more crash on exit and all seems clean..

I can only tell to you that this cure the problem.. maybe i have a leak.. but not a graceful crash... The problem witrh SDL and threads is known so on OS4 it will wait for the thread forever. IIRC in the past GemRB was using SDK_KillThread that is not implemented on os4 but i've seen that now is no more present..

Archived