Progress?

Vengeance Incarnate

I just recently saw this forum and Elai sounds terrific! :O I'm glad to be able to play neutral or evil pc's and have some party members that may prove to be a challenge. His attitude seems like it will be maddening at times, but I think that will only add to the fun. I am looking forward to playing with him. Thanks for all the hard work and the great ideas! :D

Thanks for the kind words. :O I have not coded Elai much recently, for two reasons--I have been coding other mods instead, and I am not sure how to tie up Elai's quest (the original plan was for new areas, but those are tough to make and time-consuming so I might not bother with them; in which case I need to change my plans for the quest).

I have had my eye on this mod for quite sometime and I haven't seen any updates or anything and I wanted to know how close you are to releasing it.....It looks like a lot of fun and I'd really like to play it so...yea....and if this mod is no longer active...someone ...Please pick it up.....

Andyr: I promise to finish the interior area by 2007. I am right now well into learning Maya, and I will try my hand at creating the interior in Maya (it is less-time consuming than Photoshop, actually).

As for the exterior, I have it archived somewhere (I caught a glimpse of it a few weeks ago, so it is a fact), so I will dig it up in a few days erm weeks.

-Galactygon

If you have the area graphics that would be nice--even better if you (or anyone) can make a .WED and .ARE, as I've not had any success in my fiddling about with them. And I'd hate to use a straight recolour of an existing area.

I'd be sorely tempted to use an IWD1 area for the interior so there's no sweat making a new one. It'd just push things back further for the both of us--part of the reason I'm trying to end the quest in an existing area. :p

I'd be sorely tempted to use an IWD1 area for the interior so there's no sweat making a new one.

I beg to differ on that account - reused areas are not cool. :p

It'd just push things back further for the both of us--part of the reason I'm trying to end the quest in an existing area. 

I have to do a project in a graphics design class, so I figured it would be ideal for both of us if I create the interior area as my submission for the project ~ I have to learn Maya anyway, and you will have new area graphics, so it's the best for all the concerned.

That means I will have to finish the graphics by the beginning of June.

-Galactygon

Well, here's the state of play...

Elai's quest is largely coded, and he is playable as an NPC. I wanted to use a new area to conclude some parts of it, though the area (done by Galactygon) is not ready yet. So I am toying with the idea of cutting the quest short, or resolving it differently.

I've been very busy with my doctorate over the past year and my modding attention has been focussed on various other projects, both updates to existing mods and new ones--some of which will hopefully be released soon. His Shadowdancer kit will hopefully be made available to players in a new release of Song and Silence.

In short, I have no real clue when he'll be released as I don't know when I'll have time to work on him. :p

Archived