modified viconia and strength items

Guest Guest in the house.

Guest Guest in the house.

Hi.

Using the 1.5 version and I think also the 1.4 before that I have encountered a problem with viconia and strength enhancing items; they dont work! I have tried this as a thief/cleric class combo in a number of variations and also checked as a ranger/cleric. If you uninstall her changes she works fine, but if you try to reinstall the problem reappears. I have noticed this using both crom faeyr and the 19str belt, as well as holy power which ought to set her str to 18/00. The small str increase of DUHM seems to work fine, however. During the setup the installation is labeled as successful. Said items do work on atleast one other modified character, but I have not done extensive testing.

I do not run extensive mods, only fixpack, RE and some items from the tweakpack in addition to official patches (and lvl1npcs).

as an aside,

I have also preivously tried to turn imoen into a sorcerer, seemingly successfully in SoA irenicus, but she reverts to her own self if you start in (or import to) TOB.

ok.

lvl1npcs at the bottom.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones

// Recently Uninstalled: ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.5

// Recently Uninstalled: ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1208 // Jan Jansen: v1.5

// Recently Uninstalled: ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.5

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.5

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1208 // Jan Jansen: v1.5

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.5

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v9

Work for me or work for me?

In the sense does strength modifiers work with this mod of viconia on my install, then yes. For me to play with, I am a bit torn. I tend to dislike shifty new abilities and extensive new scripts but I will look into it and thank you for pointing it out to me nonetheless: Thank you.

I might also add that Ive done my testing by summoning Viconia throughthe fate spirit in ToB and used the str-belt you start the game with. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game (and emptied my bg2 folder) with no effect.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game (and emptied my bg2 folder) with no effect.
And where would this install be, and what Operation System do you have ?

A reinstall in a non-Program Files folder and disabling of the UAC might be required if you use either Vista or W7.

Ah, yeah, the item Str modifiers don't mix well because they are SET by the items, so the equipping order becomes relevant... and so the Belts and the Gauntlets etc don't mix at all, cause the items are always equipped in this order, and so the last one always takes presidency.

* Helmet

* Armor

* Shield

* Gloves

* L.Ring

* R.Ring

* Amulet

* Belt

* Boots

* Weapon 1

* Weapon 2

* Weapon 3

* Weapon 4

* Quiver 1

* Quiver 2

* Quiver 3

* ?

* Cloak

* Quick item 1

* Quick item 2

* Quick item 3

* Inventory item (1 to 16)

* Magic weapon

* Selected weapon

* Selected weapon ability

I can't reproduce (with just the Fixpack and L1NPCs Viconia anyway). She has 25 STR with Crom Faeyr equipped. Similarly, the Belt of Hill Giant Strength gives her 19 and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power 18/00. I think the culprit is what Jarno is saying - you've got an item that is setting her strength to something else, therefore conflicting with other items.

I tend to dislike shifty new abilities and extensive new scripts
There's no extensive scripting to that mod apart from what gives her the new ability. (As to whether that's "shifty" I can't really say, as I haven't played with it.)

As to Imoen in ToB, that was an oversight on my part. I'll post a fix once I make sure the Viconia thing isn't a L1NPCs bug (doesn't seem to be but might as well confirm that) and once someone lets me attach stuff here.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game (and emptied my bg2 folder) with no effect.
And where would this install be, and what Operation System do you have ?

A reinstall in a non-Program Files folder and disabling of the UAC might be required if you use either Vista or W7.

Ah, yeah, the item Str modifiers don't mix well because they are SET by the items, so the equipping order becomes relevant... and so the Belts and the Gauntlets etc don't mix at all, cause the items are always equipped in this order, and so the last one always takes presidency.

You misunderstand me. I know different items with str modifiers do not stack, the problem I am having is that the modded version of viconia gets no additional value from str modifiers at all (or, well, DUHM works). Meaning if I equip her with, say, the belt, her str is still 10, and her weight limit stays at the original 70. Same thing if I use holy power or crom faeyr: 10 str.

The only times Ive gotten this problem is when I change her using the lvl1npcs mod; if I revert her back to normal by uninstalling the viconia portion of the mod, she works just fine.

What else have you got equipped on Viconia? I'd ask you to attach the saved game where you're seeing this, but you probably can't attach stuff here even if you register (though perhaps you could upload it somewhere). Like I said, I couldn't reproduce when I changed her to a cleric/thief with L1NPCs.

I can't reproduce (with just the Fixpack and L1NPCs Viconia anyway). She has 25 STR with Crom Faeyr equipped. Similarly, the Belt of Hill Giant Strength gives her 19 and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power 18/00. I think the culprit is what Jarno is saying - you've got an item that is setting her strength to something else, therefore conflicting with other items.
I tend to dislike shifty new abilities and extensive new scripts
There's no extensive scripting to that mod apart from what gives her the new ability. (As to whether that's "shifty" I can't really say, as I haven't played with it.)

As to Imoen in ToB, that was an oversight on my part. I'll post a fix once I make sure the Viconia thing isn't a L1NPCs bug (doesn't seem to be but might as well confirm that) and once someone lets me attach stuff here.

Her only equipment is whatever items she comes with through the mod.

Anyhow, since you cant find any problems... I dont know, maybe its clientside.

Her only equipment is whatever items she comes with through the mod.
She shouldn't have any equipment at all in SoA, as she's being burned at the stake and doesn't in the unmodded game either. Not sure what she would get in ToB but not anything I'm aware of that would limit her strength.

I cant find anywhere to upload the save, even zipped. I guess you need more than one file in the save folder?

Anyway, got a Screenshot atleast, to show you I am not pulling your leg. The flail is red and her weight limit is 70 despite the belt.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6055/baldr006.png

She is wearing generic leather armor +2 and a flail +3 and 5 healing potions. Stripping her naked had no effect.

My bad - I got sloppy with the ToB versions of some NPCs. Try this fix and see if it solves your problem (should also correct the Imoen ToB issue).

If you don't want to start a new game, use NI or ShadowKeeper and remove the invisible minhp1 item on her (in the amulet slot). She gets this in SoA to prevent her dying after being freed and prior to joining, but she doesn't need and shouldn't get it in ToB.

My bad - I got sloppy with the ToB versions of some NPCs. Try this fix and see if it solves your problem (should also correct the Imoen ToB issue).

If you don't want to start a new game, use NI or ShadowKeeper and remove the invisible minhp1 item on her (in the amulet slot). She gets this in SoA to prevent her dying after being freed and prior to joining, but she doesn't need and shouldn't get it in ToB.

Cheers, and no worries.

And I havent actually started yet: I usually do a superficial checkup on characters in ToB before any modded game; I have had a few unwelcome surprises in the past and as I play through Irenicus dungeon every time, that can get tedious. Although it seems I would have skirted the issue by just starting in SoA this time... irony.

Anyway thank you for your time, the fix and also the explanation. Interesting.

Archived