Help required with mod coding

m452shakespeare

Hi all,

I'm just starting my first mod for BG2 - eventually it'll be a fairly large mod increasing the interaction between the PC and the Slayer/Bhaal essence - and I'm starting with upgrades for the Slayer, to make it more of a temptation to use.

(I know Ascension does something very similar, but a) it also changes the final chapter which I won't be doing, and b) I thought of this before I even read about Ascension, so I'd like to do my own take).

Anyway, I have a problem - I can code for different effects at different levels, using the Headers in spell fiels, but how do I code for different effects at different exp totals? If I do it by level alone, Druids get screwed over, whilst thieves get upgraded earlier than anyone else.

Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

0x40C3 XP(O:Object*,I:XP)

So, XPGT, XPLT, and the object is Player1. I think there is an example in Amber's baf that does this to level up her special innate abilities, and I think Gavin does this too in his joining script.

0x40C3 XP(O:Object*,I:XP)

So, XPGT, XPLT, and the object is Player1. I think there is an example in Amber's baf that does this to level up her special innate abilities, and I think Gavin does this too in his joining script.

Okay, thanks for the response.

So, before I go any further - I have to write a script for the Slayer mod to allow the Slayer to upgrade based on XP, it can't be done within the .spl or .itm files, correct?

There is, and folks here and at PPG and at SHS will help answer questions, too. But you probably don't need dialog, you can run it all through the .bcs/script. Doing it through dialog could give a chance for player input, where you have multiple possible upgrade paths, but it sounds like you are more headed towards a single upgrade path.

Archived