A few questions to DavidW ... about the v5.

Hows the new v5 game supposed to work? The game folder doesn't contain the "baldur.ini" file that supposed to tell where the data is in and the game thus fails to start with:

An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 628

Programmer says: Unable to Open BIF:Data\HD0GMOC.BIF

The version I refer to is the one in here:

You can download the mod here. (Be warned: it's about 20 MB.)

And no, I didn't put the "IcewindTUTU" as a subfolder into the "BGII - SoA" folder... here's what the directory looks like:

icewind.jpg

It's supposed to be (and, on my install, is) copied over as part of the install process, so your install has not worked correctly.

Why not, I'm not sure, as it works fine on my local version. Have a look at your weidu.log file and post what's in it.

doh.gif

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #20 // convert animations

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #60 // Convert GUI

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #100 // copy over portraits

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #110 // convert soundsets

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #210 // convert music

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #430 // Thieves use light crossbows

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #560 // Resting in towns

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #570 // Collected string updates

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #580 // Collected EXE hacks

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #600 // Decompress NARR files

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #730 // wipe death movie

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #760 // Clear out BG2 sample characters

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #840 // Wipe contingency string

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #5000 // BIFF misc files

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install NPCs

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Detectable Spells

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better calls for help

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved General AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ease-of-use party AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Add map notes

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods

The SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.debug SETUP_IWD_IN_BG2.zip
doh.gif
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #20 // convert animations

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #60 // Convert GUI

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #100 // copy over portraits

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #110 // convert soundsets

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #210 // convert music

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #430 // Thieves use light crossbows

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #560 // Resting in towns

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #570 // Collected string updates

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #580 // Collected EXE hacks

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #600 // Decompress NARR files

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #730 // wipe death movie

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #760 // Clear out BG2 sample characters

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #840 // Wipe contingency string

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #5000 // BIFF misc files

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install NPCs

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Detectable Spells

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better calls for help

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved General AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ease-of-use party AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Add map notes

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods

The SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.debug SETUP_IWD_IN_BG2.zip

Interesting. Tentatively that looks as if everything except the baldur.ini has installed correctly. Try opening a DOS window, and typing

cd c:\iw1bg2\icewindtutu

weidu iwd_in_bg2\update-path.tp2 --yes --args-list "%CD%" "c:\iwd1bg2\icewindtutu"

Interesting. Tentatively that looks as if everything except the baldur.ini has installed correctly. Try opening a DOS window, and typing

weidu iwd_in_bg2\update-path.tp2 --yes --args-list "%CD%" "c:\iwd1bg2\icewindtutu"

AND IT WORKS ! Bow.gifBow.gifBow.gifBow.gif

Well, except that I corrected the "c:\iwd1bg2\icewindtutu" back to "c:\iw1bg2\icewindtutu" via normally editing the file.

And you might also wish to copy over the "Language.txt" from the BGII - SoA folder to the icewindtutu folder, as that enables the use of the "BGConfig.exe" ...

AND IT WORKS ! Bow.gifBow.gifBow.gifBow.gif

Well, except that I corrected the "c:\iwd1bg2\icewindtutu" back to "c:\iw1bg2\icewindtutu" via normally editing the file.

Oops, sorry- just a typo when I was copying out your path.

And you might also wish to copy over the "Language.txt" from the BGII - SoA folder to the icewindtutu folder, as that enables the use of the "BGConfig.exe" ...

Noted.

The real thing that puzzles me is why that code wasn't executed correctly in the first place. Oh well, I'll wait and see if others have the same problem.

Noted.

The real thing that puzzles me is why that code wasn't executed correctly in the first place. Oh well, I'll wait and see if others have the same problem.

I installed last night. Didn't like the high resolution setting (too small a window in the GUI to play easily with) and went to change it. Ran the BGConfig and into the same problem as Jarno, FYI.

I installed last night. Didn't like the high resolution setting (too small a window in the GUI to play easily with) and went to change it. Ran the BGConfig and into the same problem as Jarno, FYI.
The
Noted.
response is an affirmation that "This will (probably) be fixed in the next release." So for now, you just have to do it manually.

Now, you were able to start the game without the need of the DOS command line above ? :)

Hmm, is it a part of the one of the above components ? As the auto-run install that the SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.DEBUG says is:
setup-iwd_in_bg2 --args 1 --force-install-list 20 60 100 110 210 430 560 570 580 600 730 760 840 5000

If you forgot to add it... but if grogerson was...

My OS by the way is Windows 7 x84-bit, if that matters.

Oops, sorry-
No need... that's why the text was so small. And it didn't even cause a problem...

Bow.gifBow.gifBow.gifBow.gif

Hey, just wanted to add that I installed the conversion successfully(although in the very beginning of the conversion process I saw a few "file not found" notes in the command window) and began playing. I have IWD NPC beta2 for IWD-in-BG2 installed, and widescreen mod, too. Should I run into any problems, I'll replicate the issues on a clean install(I obviously made a clean backup first), and let you know.

Now, you were able to start the game without the need of the DOS command line above ? :)

This thread was why I installed it last night. Baldur.ini was there, and, yes, I was able to start the game by running the game exe. After my second install. Made the mistake of having a space in the install location first time and it didn't like it (f:\black isle\IcewindTUTU). BG2 and IWD1 directories are there, so I thought I'd keep them together. I had no problem installing to f:\IcewindTUTU. But I couldn't enter the Config file (Language.txt file missing).

Hmm, is it a part of the one of the above components ? As the auto-run install that the SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.DEBUG says is:
setup-iwd_in_bg2 --args 1 --force-install-list 20 60 100 110 210 430 560 570 580 600 730 760 840 5000

If you forgot to add it... but if grogerson was...

My OS by the way is Windows 7 x84-bit, if that matters.

My debug shows the same force-install command. And FWIW, I'm running XP.

Hey, just wanted to add that I installed the conversion successfully(although in the very beginning of the conversion process I saw a few "file not found" notes in the command window) and began playing. I have IWD NPC beta2 for IWD-in-BG2 installed, and widescreen mod, too. Should I run into any problems, I'll replicate the issues on a clean install(I obviously made a clean backup first), and let you know.

The file not found are, as I recall, unproblematic. They're me wiping various directories in case you install in a folder with an existing version of BG2 in it already. I'd be interested to know how the widescreen mod is working.

Widescreen mod gave me lots of warnings and errors during the installation(well, obviously), but it works just fine.

I'm more concerned about the configuration - the game started in windowed mode(so that I had to copy Language.txt and configure BGConfig), and now the keyboard hotkeys are all wiped out, and I probably have to assign them all over again. I wonder if maybe the install forgot to copy keymap.ini to my IWDTutu directory.

Widescreen mod gave me lots of warnings and errors during the installation(well, obviously), but it works just fine.

I'm more concerned about the configuration - the game started in windowed mode(so that I had to copy Language.txt and configure BGConfig), and now the keyboard hotkeys are all wiped out, and I probably have to assign them all over again. I wonder if maybe the install forgot to copy keymap.ini to my IWDTutu directory.

Yes, almost certainly - as with language.txt.

In previous versions, I copied over every file in the BG2 root directory. As you pointed out when testing v4, this can cause it to copy over all manner of useless cruft. So for v5 I tried to be more careful in bringing over only needed files. Clearly I was over careful. Just copy these extra files over from your existing BG2 installation and everything should be fine.

If I remember anything right, the files that are reported as bad are the files the game has faulty by default (that the G3BGII fixpack would fix, but I won't be installing that).

Yep, copying that to the game folder fixes the quick keys.

What comes to the Widescreen mod, it works wonders, well, the GUI is not exactly the best it could be, but I didn't even notice the repeating patterns in the corners until I was outside of the game, so it's really really minor thing:

baldr000.jpg

There's also a small shadow flickering issue in the character creation window, in few screens... but that's minor as well, and it disappears completely when you "paint over"/drag near it once with the mouse pointer.

Archived