A few questions to DavidW ... about the v5.

This might be a silly question, but it's very important to the testing, so I thought I'd ask: Boots of Speed. Since it's BG2 engine, creating boot01 must mean creating BG2 boots, with BG2 abilities(icon isn't important, I guess). But when I tried, it seems these boots of speed(boot01, specifically) do nothing for speed, just like BG1Tutu. Which, um, confuses me. So, which way should it be?

(And if someone would please help me out and tells me which is the best way to get proper BG2-ish Boots of Speed in there, I'd be very grateful - because speed IS very important for the testing process, obviously).

This might be a silly question, but it's very important to the testing, so I thought I'd ask: Boots of Speed. Since it's BG2 engine, creating boot01 must mean creating BG2 boots, with BG2 abilities(icon isn't important, I guess). But when I tried, it seems these boots of speed(boot01, specifically) do nothing for speed, just like BG1Tutu. Which, um, confuses me. So, which way should it be?

I'm at work, so I don't have access to the files, but most likely, boot01 is an item in IWD, in which case it will have overwritten the BG2 item. (Come to think of it, basically all items in BG1 are also in IWD, so if TUTU boots don't affect speed, I'm unsurprised that IWD boots don't.)

(And if someone would please help me out and tells me which is the best way to get proper BG2-ish Boots of Speed in there, I'd be very grateful - because speed IS very important for the testing process, obviously).

Make a copy of boot01.itm from your BG2 install, rename it (k#speed.itm, say), copy it into the override directory of IWD-in-BG2.

I've run into my first bug. I'm unable to enter the orc cave (ar1201). Entry point is unreachable. Anyone else encounter this?

Edit: I must correct myself. The entrance is accessible, but I had to move into the cave opening before I could reach the trigger. Difficult entry, but not impossible.

Hmm, actually the boots do speed up the characters movement rate, they do not Haste the character like the boot02.itm in BG2 does, so the actual description of the boots is correct:

baldr021.jpg

I know this because my character that's using them is the fastest character I have after I got those boots from Kaylessa in Severed Hand. So there's actually nothing wrong with them.

Archived