DLTCEP in batch mode?

Miloch

I've often wanted to perform some DLTCEP functions on multiple files, like palette conversions on BAMs for example (for which I use BAM Batcher instead usually, though it doesn't work on all BAM types). Recently DavidW raised the possibility of creating .mos files from tilesets en masse. It sounds to me like it should be easy, but I don't really know my way around C++ or anything. Is it a possibility?

It is also possible for someone to just hack the tis->mos converter out of DLTCEP and create a small commandline tool. If someone wants to do it, feel free.
How would one go about doing that? I doubt I have the expertise but maybe someone else does. I don't even know where the source code is these days (used to be on sourceforge I think).

I've been thinking about this.

The tilesets are meaningless without the .wed/area dimensions. And the .mos (i guess you want to get the minimap) is also tied to the area name. So, even if you got the same tileset names, it is best to start with an area. How many areas you got without .mos files anyway?

I think even 100 wouldn't need a new program.

Loading the area, clicking on minimap and then clicking yes is all you need to do. DLTCEP will see you need a mos, generate it and save it for this 3 clicks. This means about 300 clicks, probably less than we spent on discussing it :)

As discussed here, the IWD minimaps seem to crash on rare unreproduceable occasions in the BG2 engine. When DLTCEP generates them, it seems to order them slightly different, probably in the palette entries from what I can tell. We're not sure if this avoids the crashes, but due to the rarity of the crash, DavidW would want to rebuild all the .mos files (173 of them) just to test it. Of course, it would be best to know what exactly causes the crash - maybe you know of some engine difference offhand that might cause it?

Archived