Version 5 Bug Reports

AR7001 - The ice salamander listening for Vera will attack her if he sees her. I don't think this is vanilla IWD behavior (I've not seen it happen), but I could be wrong. Also, the cold aura of the ice salamanders is treated as an attack and will cause the PC/NPC's to attack. This is not vanilla behavior.

Do you mean, it causes the PC to attack if you've got AI on? If so, what AI are you running?

Yes, AI is on and I'm using the agen script. I'll try another script and see if it does the same thing. But in vanilla, no matter the script, frost salamander chill damage didn't provoke an attack.

Edit: Not all scripts will respond, but agen and arang will.

Finished Lower Dorn's, and there were no transition problems. All exit points were reachable.

That said, the heat aura of the fire salamanders will damage and stun themselves.

When the gnomes Tarnhelm, Norl, Beorn or Guello move, their animation is a small red spider. They also give the spider attack sound when talked to.

When confronting Seth in the main cavern, he becomes hostile though he flees. I'm not sure if this is vanilla behavior (I believe he remains neutral). The real problem was that the thieves that attack are visible when they should not be. I had to leave the area and return before eight more showed themselves.

In Marketh's palace, Flozem doesn't attack after killing his brother, though "You killed my brother!" appears over his head.

Finally, the badges activate the switches properly, but the stairs up remain inaccessible.

Some of this may be due to use of the kill swords (creatures dying too quickly, globals not setting), however they must still be noted. Others not using them may find different results, and they can be checked better if they are repeated.

I'll look into the globals later, as well as trying a MoveToArea to the proper entry point.

MoveToArea followed by ExploreArea followed by [ctrl]+j. I was able to check things out to the end. Exit to the Fallen Temple works fine.

As for Ruined Easthaven...

The first prisoner you talk to gives you some items. I got a scroll case in the place of a potion of storm giant strength.

Everard (EVERARD.cre) was not in the prison camp.

I was able to enter the Cryshal-Tirith without Everard's directions. Inside the camp Everard appears and give his dialog, then vanished. I had to CLAU EEEVERAR.cre in.

The fight with Pomab will have to be checked by someone else for now. Possible problems with the kill swords...

The final battle at Jarod's stone ran fine. After the end credits ran the game began running the ToB credits. When I closed them the game returned to the start screen. I lost the cursor so I had to [alt]+[tab] out of the game and close it from desktop.

OK, great. That's very helpful. (And very reassuring, sounds like things, though not perfect, are way way better than in v4).

What's your overall impression? ...I mean, abstracting away from the specific bugs, is the mod doing what it says on the tin?

(Playing the ToB credits is intentional, btw - those guys deserve credit too, it's their engine.)

OK, great. That's very helpful. (And very reassuring, sounds like things, though not perfect, are way way better than in v4).

What's your overall impression? ...I mean, abstracting away from the specific bugs, is the mod doing what it says on the tin?

(Playing the ToB credits is intentional, btw - those guys deserve credit too, it's their engine.)

I long ago learned that, with me, strange things can happen. That's why I stated the bugs I encountered, as well as the purpose and cheats I took on this first run through.

Overall I'd say it's doing what it's supposed to. Some of the things not working fully (i.e. random treasures) can be done through a tweak pack like BGT Tweaks.

I'll do some NI work, see if I can find why the steps in the Fallen Temple fail to become accessible, or why Everard failed to appear in the prisoner compound, or why I didn't get Wylfdene's dialog at the barbarian encampment.

I'll also see if TotLM works, even if HoW seems blocked. The halfling is there, after all...

In the Dragon's Eye bottom level, I had spoken to the "odd little girl" (cryptic harbinger of doom) a couple of times, then I went back up to the previous level. In addition to some yuan-ti appearing to follow me back up there even though they weren't around when I left the bottom level, when I came back to the bottom level the odd little girl was right at the beginning of the level again. She gave me her third warning (the one I was up to at the time) but not in the right place.

There seem to be some discrepancies about which classes can use certain items. Monks in particular can use a bunch of items that they aren't supposed to - in particular I have noted that they can use the Rogue's Cowl (this might be appropriate, since it fits their skills and abilities, but it's not mentioned in the description) and the Merry Shorthorn (which is bards only and certainly not appropriate).

Also, my kensai/mage dual class was able to use a helmet (a normal plumed one, I haven't tried any others) when she was a kensai (gauntlets and armour are correctly banned, though). Now that she's dual classed to a mage, however, she doesn't seem able to use mage robes as BG2 kensai mages could. I've tried the robe of enfusing, the necromancer's robe and the robe of cold resistance.

In the Dragon's Eye bottom level, I had spoken to the "odd little girl" (cryptic harbinger of doom) a couple of times, then I went back up to the previous level. In addition to some yuan-ti appearing to follow me back up there even though they weren't around when I left the bottom level[...].

Vanilla behaviour - they spawn there.

In addition to some yuan-ti appearing to follow me back up there even though they weren't around when I left the bottom level[...].
Well, the following is result of the AI improvement, the spawning is indeed vanilla, the casters appear to the area when there is no party members near them after you have spoken to the Little girl the (4th or 5th) final time...
@grogerson: remind me what the issue is with random treasure.

Look here.

More bugs:

AR9100 - I restored to an autosave (went to the barbarian encampment, dialog failed with Wylfdene) and found Vaarglan and Alpheus waiting near the Whistling Gallows. They should not appear until after the final confrontation at the barbarian camp. If I initiated dialog, the rest of the group appears and the cutscene hangs. If I walked by them I could continue as normal.

AR9101 - After sending Ambere Dunn home, Hobart vanishes as well. I had to CLUA him in to get to TotLM. Since I can't continue in HoW...

AR9703, 9705 and 9707 - the exits back up are hard to find, and accessed from the wrong direction.

AR9705 - None of the chests had TALE1. This is a game critical item. I looked at the NECCHEST.bcs in both IWD and IWDinBG2. They are not the same. A lot of stuff has been added (from the NECHEST#.bcs') and I fear it interferes with placing the scroll (TALE_PLACED global).

I managed to get through the Watchknight Crypts, and everything looked good. But when I went to leave the game CTD'd. There was no autosave from the time I entered the Temple of Helm. I'm not sure but I thought it was supposed to autosave when entering the Crypts.

Edit: Been through the castle, started the dungeons. I MoveToArea to AR9700 from the Watchknight Crypts, re-entered them and was able to leave without incident, while leaving directly after clearing it produced CTD.

AR9711 - As soon as I entered two invisible stalkers attack me. None should appear until summoned by the Hobard Rakshasa.

The Spectral Cook turns hostile when he sees me. He should remain neutral if I remember correctly.

When the Spectral Guards go hostile at the Warded door or the stairways, the three summoned arrive way later than they should. And, if I remember correctly, the stairways summon six each, not three.

The dialog with the Hobart Rakshasa hangs in the cutscene when he transforms. Also if I reload from a save in the library area, several more invisible stalkers and a Rakshasa appear. These should not appear until the Hobart Rakshasa transforms.

AR9717 - When I approach the talking door, the cutscene starts but hangs before the animation begins, with or without the skulls in inventory.

This is a lot of stuff I'm giving. Just out of curiosity is there a new hotfix in the works for the major items?

Guest Karl_K
In the Dragon's Eye bottom level, I had spoken to the "odd little girl" (cryptic harbinger of doom) a couple of times, then I went back up to the previous level. In addition to some yuan-ti appearing to follow me back up there even though they weren't around when I left the bottom level[...].

Okay, it just seemed a little weird at the time, so I thought I'd mention it.

I've had my first mini-map crash. It was working fine until I got to Dorn's Deep.

In the severed hand I found there were a number of spots where characters appeared to be able to walk through invisible gaps in the walls or in the railings around stairways. Sorry, I didn't note the specific spots - I didn't think of it until just now.

Anyway, as for my overall impressions I'm quite impressed, and I'd say so far it definitely is doing what it says on the tin. Obviously a little bit of tweakish modding will be needed to make it all work perfectly (an exotic items merchant or two would be a great feature) but in terms of the transition it is so far very playable.

Finally got around to registering.

In Dorn's Deep, when entering the room with the big dwarven monument to metallurgy I got a pop-up message that read "These are wooden supply crates, no doubt offloaded from the wagons outside. The crates appear to be intact and unopened." Possibly this was supposed to be another message popping up at this point?

Encountered my first unreachable exit. I believe it is to the area full of Neo Orogs where you meet Saablic and Krilag. I take it that there is a work around that can get you through these transition problems? Anyone mind telling me how to do that?

P.S. Sorry for being a noob.

@ Karl_K: Waiting for a new hotfix for some of these bugs/unreachable transfer points. I noted your problem earlier in this thread. If you have the CLUA console available, you'll have to MoveToArea("ar6003"). Then after getting the badge, if Saablik doesn't notice it, SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADChief",6).

Now on with my findings for the rest of TotLM.

I got to AR9718 the same way I did with AR8013; MoveToArea, ExploreArea, [ctrl]+J. I can go back to AR9717, but the door problem remains - at least until the Luremaster is defeated. Then the magic mouth cre becomes visible and can be talked to. The door opens, the magic mouth animation runs and AR9718 becomes accessible. I hope what I observed will help solve this bug.

AR9800 - The summoners became attackers rather than remain where they are and summon Glabrezu's to attack. I saw only one summoned.

AR9801 - The Stone Nuisances do not get replaced if the first pair are slain. Any slain should be replaced every time you leave the area. Also, the Chest of Seasons takes the Flawed gems, but the Flawless ones do not appear on their respective altars. I had to CreateItem for each.

Finally, when I defeated the Luremaster, I used the ring and ... nothing happens. I had to MoveToArea back to Lonelywood.

This is as far as I can go. Without Wylfdene's dialog to move on to the Burial Isle, I'm stuck in the barbarian camp. I can MoveToArea to check out all areas for entrances/exits, but there's no guarantee it won't create a CTD at some point...

@ Karl_K: Waiting for a new hotfix for some of these bugs/unreachable transfer points. I noted your problem earlier in this thread. If you have the CLUA console available, you'll have to MoveToArea("ar6003"). Then after getting the badge, if Saablik doesn't notice it, SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADChief",6).

Thanks, that got me in, though when I try to correct the Saablic problem I'm getting the message:

lua: toLua - argument 3 of function 'SetGlobal' should be of type 'long'.

Active stack:

Active stack:

Seems like maybe I didn't do it right.

Also, a very minor point, when I got Krilag's badge the game told me "You have retrieved Kilrag's badge." with the name misspelled.

On other matters, the Mail of Life, when worn, makes the character regenerative, however instead of the regeneration status effect icon on the wearer's portrait and character screen, it lists the current effect as "bard song".

Thanks, that got me in, though when I try to correct the Saablic problem I'm getting the message:
That needs to be:
SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADChief","GLOBAL",6)

Based on this:

SetGlobal("<string1>","<string2>",<int>)
Sets the variable specified by <string1> (of type <string2>) to the value of <int>.

Or actually:

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADChief","GLOBAL",1)

Based on this...

Global("SPRITE_IS_DEADChief","GLOBAL",1)

The DSAABLIC.dlg that the saablic.cre has should (I thing) actually check for:

Global("I#DVNEOOROGCHIEFTAIN","GLOBAL",1)

... as that's the real death variable, set in the install.

In the severed hand I found there were a number of spots where characters appeared to be able to walk through invisible gaps in the walls or in the railings around stairways. Sorry, I didn't note the specific spots - I didn't think of it until just now.
Well, here's a specific spot:

baldr016.jpg

The zone surrounded by the red line should be about where the wall should be, there isn't one, and as you can skip the area by just moving through the wall, there needs to really be a wall.

Archived