Cannot enter Coordinates

Guest Yvain

There is no mechanism to switch game resolution when loading older saves, and save games don't contain information about your resolution. Either your system is unstable/unreliable to comical levels, or (far more likely) you are misinterpreting symptoms you observe (E.G. you can't readily tell the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 and thus imagine the resolution switching between the two).

you can't readily tell the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 and thus imagine the resolution switching between the two
one way is to use the Print Screen button and exit the game and see the screen shots size. But it's very likely that this is the case... I would recommend using the 1366x768 and not loading an old saves... So you need to start a new game.
There is no mechanism to switch game resolution when loading older saves, and save games don't contain information about your resolution. Either your system is unstable/unreliable to comical levels, or (far more likely) you are misinterpreting symptoms you observe (E.G. you can't readily tell the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 and thus imagine the resolution switching between the two).

I check the current resolution via my monitors on screen display function which hasn't failed me before as well as how thick the black border is around the main menu(before having loaded a game).

Okay so after a closer look it seems that when set to 1600x900 the game does in fact set the display to 1600x900, right up until before the first video plays at which point it switches to 1920x1080. This leads me to believe that your MOD indeed isn't to blame and that maybe my display drivers or something are to blame.

(I mostly think it isn't your MOD because it used to be when I loaded a savegame but it changed behavior recently)

Does Baldur's Gate 2 feature a failsafe for when it thinks an invalid/unsupported resolution is selected?

Archived