Getting a "tiered' ability to work properly

Guest Annúgil

Guest Annúgil

Hello everyone!

I've been recently working on a simple (or so I thought at the time) ability, which would upgrade itself 3 times. I managed to create the spell and three upgraded versions of it and was wondering whether anyone could take a look at it and tell me if it's everything working properly?

Here's what it's supposed to do:

War horn

Basic

- Confers a -1 penalty to all saving throws and Thac0 to the enemies in a specified range around the caster.

1-st Upgrade

- Confers a -2 penalty to all saving throws and Thac0 to the enemies in a specified range around the caster.

- Adds Horror effect

2-nd Upgrade

- Confers a -3 penalty to all saving throws and Thac0 to the enemies in a specified range around the caster.

- Horror effect

- Adds Silence spell component

Last Upgrade

- Confers a -4 penalty to all saving throws and Thac0 to the enemies in a specified range around the caster.

- Horror effect

- Silence effect

- Adds Wing Buffet effect (knockback)

- Adds Stun effect

On top of that, each iteration increases the difficulty of a saving throw (Starting with a +1 bonus to a saving throw on the first version of the spell and ending with a -2 penalty on the last version). Are these balanced or perhaps too powerful/weak?

I also had a few more questions about it:

1) Range. I want the ability to not require selecting a target, but merely to be cast at the character's position and affecting everyone around him.

2) I wanted to add a sound, matching the ability but I'm not sure how to add a new one to the existing library?

3) Graphical effects - is there anything that'd fit this ability? The list's very big, any recommendations? :)

4) Icon - I wanted to modify an existing one or even create a new one, but have no idea how to approach it.

5) Balance - looking at the ability, would you say it's balanced or perhaps overpowered?

You can get the spell HERE: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/46723-getti...post__p__503943

I'd really appreciate pointers or if someone could take a look at this spell :D

Archived