Fixed: Problem in the Five Flagons?

I'm playing the Mac version of this and only have Celestials, Ease of Use, Unfinished Business and G3Tweaks installed.

Anyways I drank Dewey under the table several days ago and now what? I still don't have the unknown drink which is all I need to finish the quest. It's been kinda fun, but I'd like to finish it.

And is there any reason I have a bottle of both the poisoned Arabella wine and the unpoisoned wine?

Sturmvogel

Dewny drops the drink in my testing, though I did notice a typo in the coordinates which could be causing the problem. I've fixed it locally.

The two wines are due to some missing checks for Serdrick, which I've also fixed locally.

kk. This should be fixed in v2.

In the meantime you could head back to the Five Flagons and just use the console:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("G3Drink1")

The only reason why I suggest being in the FF is... *spoiler*

that an event is scheduled for when you head outside.

Uploaded v2 and now I've got two Dewnys! Even though I made sure to uninstall v1!

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but the action seemed to stall after the dialog between the Dewnys and Belle. I've been back several times, but I no more than a day after my first inquiry.

Another issue is that the mod-specific dialog is often doubled.

Jason

It's due to something I should have noted in the readme, sorry. The FF area changes for the bard stronghold, so I had to recode all of Dewny's area variables into globals since they would get lost if the stronghold was obtained. Meaning in an ongoing game, she would spawn again since it's now checking a new variable and hence getting a second spawn. I'm betting the stalled dialogue is due to the new variable system.

Sorry for the problems Jason--I'll try and figure out how we can salvage your game from here.

I went back to the Five Flagons a couple of days later and Dewny went through the whole routine. Or, at least, one Dewny did. The other never moved from his location near Belle. Got the drink like I should have and had the encounter upon leaving the Five Flagons. Talked to the people nearby for clues about the encounter, but no joy. Is this something that's supposed to be on a timer or something?

Jason

CamDawg,

There's a little bit of a break in the train of logic after the theft. It appeared to me that Scar went back into to the Five Flagons, not down the stairs. This might have been deliberate so that I couldn't finish him off before he disappeared. At any rate I didn't even think to check down the stairs as I had no inkling that was likely.

As for checking with Sir Suleci I can sort of see it as I've had to ask him about other problems like the poisoned wine, but the theft just feels different and is more directly my "fault".

I'd figure that some local like Rose(?), the harlot who helps with the Tanner, would know far more a local thief than Sir Suleci. Or perhps some of the inhabitants of the Five Flagons.

Jason

Good points all. For Scam disappearing into the FF that's an unfortunate side effect of the EscapeArea() scripting command--it makes the creature just bolt for the nearest door. I'll try scripting in something different. And yeah, I'll add some hints to some of the locals in the area.

And this has been added for the upcoming V3. Scam should no longer bolt for the FF door, and both Rose and Bel Dalemark (the merchant) should be able to help you locate Scam.

edit: V3 is now released, which contains these changes.

Archived