Great job

D1Nonly

Looks like the npc buffing with "cheats" is innate feature of bg 2. The developers might have thought that the player would enter combat buffed well so they actually allowed npcs (1): prebuff instantly without contingencies;

That's optional in SCS.

(2) use cheaty contingencies like when your prot from magic weapons is breached, recast it.

SCS does this, I admit. I like to think of it as a rare case where the player's AI is weaker than the monsters'!

(3) They can use more than 1 contingency at the time.

SCS doesn't do this.

Maybe something can be done to ease-of-use AI script that will allow players to reactivate contingencies/triggers with 1 button and without rest and lost spell slots (like you rested already)?

I looked into this once, but I couldn't find a way I was happy with. Perhaps I'll revisit it.

PS kangaxx in soa is sooo difficult to fight (rly impossible ) if you dont have respectable spell debuffers like ruby ray or a few pierce magics. I just like it so much that SCS II transforms demilich into nearly godlike power especially in soa part. Very realistic and if i ever tried no reloads, i wouldnt fight kangaxx in SoA.

Glad you like it.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Hi again. If anyone knows about the demogorgon encounter, can anyone tell me what was going on there? Well, i killed him but during the course of action im not sure i know what happened.

One of my guys got poisoned and diseased and was dying quickly because of it. Also, this guy got energy drained(what caused it?) The other meleer had ring of gaxx and was threrefore immune. Demon used his gaze (confusion or domination?) but none seemed to work. They require save? Will he use it if a character is immune to it? I ve seen him also use spellstrike, breach, ofc stoneskin/prot from magic weapons too. It all ended rather quickly in a couple of rounds and thats good because the more time you spend fighting the more chance of your guys starting to die, but its bad because demon doesnt even begin using half of his powers by that time.

Also, it seemed to me that the first couple of spell protection debuffers like ruby ray or pierce magic didnt remove his spell deflection. Anyone can confirm this?

Archived