Smarter mages component and SR

Guest Primacyeffect

Guest Primacyeffect

I keep getting the same error when trying to install the "smarter mages" component from SCSII, no matter the option:

ERROR: Failure("resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

I've searched every thread on this forum relating to this problem, they all seem to suggest the SR hotfixes.

However in my case the hotfixes don't seem to work.

Before you ask, yes, I extracted the hotfixes in the correct folder (overwriting Spell_rev) before installing SR and with SCSII also uninstalled. I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm really looking forward to playing with both SCSII and SR installed.

Guest Primacyeffect
It's a known issue if you don't use SR's hotfixes. :thumbsup:

As I said, the hotfixes don't seem to solve the problem, I don't think other mods are the problem either (only tweakpack and fixpack). The order in which I did it was: extract SR, extract hotfixes and overwrite spell_rev, install SR, then extract and install SCSII.

Is there a problem with the order?

From debug file:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [dw#sprfi.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting], rolling back to previous state

As I said, the hotfixes don't seem to solve the problem, I don't think other mods are the problem either (only tweakpack and fixpack). The order in which I did it was: extract SR, extract hotfixes and overwrite spell_rev, install SR, then extract and install SCSII.

Ops, sorry, as soon as I read dw#sprfi.spl I posted my reply bacause I thought it was the "usual" issue. :thumbsup:

The install order is correct, I really don't understand what's happening. :thumbsup: If you want to be sure try to move spwi319.spl, spwi320.spl, sppr306.spl and sppr407.spl from the hotfixes folder to the override folder and install SCS. Those are the crucial files for the fix. If it works than it means you didn't put the hotfixes in the correct place, if it doesn't...I have no other clue. :(

I doubt it could cause this, but did you commented out pieces of SR's setup file?

Guest Primacyeffect

Ops, sorry, as soon as I read dw#sprfi.spl I posted my reply bacause I thought it was the "usual" issue. :thumbsup:

The install order is correct, I really don't understand what's happening. :thumbsup: If you want to be sure try to move spwi319.spl, spwi320.spl, sppr306.spl and sppr407.spl from the hotfixes folder to the override folder and install SCS. Those are the crucial files for the fix. If it works than it means you didn't put the hotfixes in the correct place, if it doesn't...I have no other clue. :(

I doubt it could cause this, but did you commented out pieces of SR's setup file?

Only the level 5 spell "summon shadows", I never leave my hold without a skellie.

Anyways I'll try your recommendation.

Guest Primacyeffect

The advised method works, suggesting they weren't put in the right place. I seriously don't know what I did wrong as I extracted the fixes in my SoA folder and they overwrited spell_rev. I'm working with vista, and installed bg2 in program files ( I was an idiot), but I'm not sure if this is important as I also extracted the hotfixes in the virtualstore.

Anyway, it seems the hotfixes are pretty important (PFMW not working otherwise, etc.). Is there a way to install these hotfixes like the above method of putting them in the override folder.

Thanks for the help already given, I really appreciate it.

The advised method works, suggesting they weren't put in the right place. I seriously don't know what I did wrong as I extracted the fixes in my SoA folder and they overwrited spell_rev. I'm working with vista, and installed bg2 in program files ( I was an idiot), but I'm not sure if this is important as I also extracted the hotfixes in the virtualstore.
Good, at least we've sorted out the problem. :thumbsup: The folder where the game is installed shouldn't really matter. I can only suggest you to double check your SR folder and see if the hotfixes correctly overwrote the old files, because this problem could be extended to all other fixes.

Anyway, it seems the hotfixes are pretty important (PFMW not working otherwise, etc.). Is there a way to install these hotfixes like the above method of putting them in the override folder.
Indeed they are. Not all fixes would work without a re-install, and you could cause quite a mess by doing it (unless you really know what you're doing and how to edit a bunch of things yourself).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of putting the hotfixes in the correct folder before installing. Don't worry.

P.S don't remind me PfMW, I fixed it half an hour after the release and I still hate myself for it. :( ).

Thanks for the help already given, I really appreciate it.
Obliged. :thumbsup:

Archived