How does AI react to illusions?

urdjur

I was wondering how the SCS-II AI reacts to illusion spells (trying to assess their worth under SCS-II as I'm planning a solo sorceror).

For instance, will project image immediately make mages cast True Sight? Whatabout Mislead? Do they instantly realize that these are illusions, that the real caster is hidden somewhere, and True Sight is called for?

I recall vanilla mages doing this if you used II or Shadow Door, but any sort of decoy or visible target had them prioritize differently. Also, what if you use something like Shadow Door mid combat with visible targets still available? True Sight starts casting?

I was wondering how the SCS-II AI reacts to illusion spells (trying to assess their worth under SCS-II as I'm planning a solo sorceror).

For instance, will project image immediately make mages cast True Sight? Whatabout Mislead? Do they instantly realize that these are illusions, that the real caster is hidden somewhere, and True Sight is called for?

I recall vanilla mages doing this if you used II or Shadow Door, but any sort of decoy or visible target had them prioritize differently. Also, what if you use something like Shadow Door mid combat with visible targets still available? True Sight starts casting?

Mages are aware of illusions and try to bring them down with TrueSight/Oracle. (Exactly when they do so, and how much they prioritise it, I can't recall offhand.)

I imagine all your illusions getting removed every time you fight a thief would end up getting just a bit too annoying.

Or cool. Thieves have great potential as enemies in this game:

Detect Illusions

Missile damage to remove stoneskins/disrupt spells

Hide/Invis Potion

Backstab

Pretty strong script against mages, although mages can fight back with PfMW/PfNM combo.

Archived