Xan's Romance

Guest Queen Catherine

Guest Queen Catherine

I just recently installed EasyTutu and the BG1 NPC Project. I acquired Xan in my party as an elven ranger, but I've only gotten to his LT4. I got Ajantis in the party shortly after the talk and only Ajantis starts his LTs. He's gotten to his LT8 or 9 until I told him I did not want to get closer. I tried resting numerous times, but Xan's rest LTs won't start. I also reinstalled the romance projects and now the line in the PID for Xan does not have the option of *Kiss Xan*. What happened?

If you have *Hug Xan* or *Smile at Xan* lines in your PID, then your Xan romance is working and your next lovetalks should be at rest. If you don't have *Hug Xan* or *Smile at Xan* lines, but instead something like "Xan, I think we are all going to die" or "Oh prophet of doom! What shall we do now?" it means that your romance is over. If your romance is over and you want to restart it: use "Xan, I don't know what came over me. Would you accept my apology? I hate us being on such cold and distant terms." in your PID menu.

Or try typing

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#XARomanceInactive","GLOBAL",0)

but I wouldn't recommend playing with the console unless you've exhausted other options.

Guest Queen Catherine

Okay, it's just that there's only the Xan-initiated dialogue where Xan sighs and says he might as well do it, then a random sweet dialogue follows. It's not love talk, so I'm just wondering.

Okay, it's just that there's only the Xan-initiated dialogue where Xan sighs and says he might as well do it, then a random sweet dialogue follows. It's not love talk, so I'm just wondering.

It means your romance is working and Xan initiates flirts. I guess you should install PID's to get player-initiated flirts. Check your Weidu.log to see if this component is installed.

There were quite a few people who wrote Xan(as he has banters with all other NPCs, other authors had to participate). Player-initiated stuff was mine, as was the romance minus a few lovetalks. Domi did most of the rest, as she was there from the beginning.

Guest kareidisilliyia

i been having the same! xan's love talks won't initiate at rest and last love talk was "we are still alive!" is it a bug or something?

The latest version of BG1 NPC came out in september 2009, so if the romance was bugged, I think we'd have known by now. I think I played the romance myself with vand it worked - well, lovetalks 5 and 6 certainly did.

Remember, in BG1 NPC all talks are timered: Xan's lovetalk at rest won't trigger if his romance timer hasn't expired. Also, if you had any talks at night(say, Kivan-Imoen banter), then a specific timer will be set for three minutes, and in this period, you'll have no night talks at all even if you rest ten times in a row.

That's certainly one option. You'll have to restore a clean install and install BG1 NPC from scratch.

Or post your variables:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("X#XARomanceInactive","GLOBAL")

and

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("X#XARomanceActive","GLOBAL")

Guest guest player

I tired the suggestion you gave to check Xan's romance but he won't say anything to me if I try PID with him. Just that he has nothing to say to me. Everyone else though as dialogue.

Guest guest player
Check your weidu.log file to see if you've actually installed player-initiated dialogue.

I did and it should be working since it works for all the rest of my party. I can't even get the counsel command to work

Guest guest player
Check your weidu.log file to see if you've actually installed player-initiated dialogue.

I did and it should be working since it works for all the rest of my party. I can't even get the counsel command to work

Wait got it to work. It's set to 1

Then it actually might be a bug, if PID works for Xan and doesn't work for the rest of the party. If it's the case, please, 1) post your Weidu.log here;

2) send me your saved game(zip the whole folder with a game, like 00000007-NoXanPIDs) at kulyok,

at yandex.ru,and I'll try to check it out.

If romance is at 1, it means the romance is active, and everything's normal, but the PIDs are a mystery.

Archived