Bugs in V15

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I posted some of these in another thread but since that started to be about something else i'll post the bugs i've found here:

- Shadow thief mage in the starting dungeon doesn't help allies against the vampire.

- Haer'Dalis attacks you when the portal to the planar prison is being summoned.

- In the fallen paladins quest after they kill all the smugglers, one of them turns on his allies.

- In the mage stronghold apprentice quest Nara moves back to the entrance

- Wanev seems low level - doesn't have level 9 spells or a chain contingency(intentional?)

- Mage in ust natha slime worshipers quest doesn't seem to have any spells/magic/script(improved drow component not installed)

- Ist'ar Jae'llat and two other fighters did not join in the fight with the rest of the house - perhaps they were just too far away.

- Teleport field in ust'natha pit fights can be annoying as they teleport you outside the ring.

- Elves vs drow at underdark exit doesn't seem to quite be working properly - some of them speak to you and exit too fast, others(esp. mages) stand around and do nothing.

- Elves vs drow at underdark exit doesn't seem to quite be working properly - some of them speak to you and exit too fast, others(esp. mages) stand around and do nothing.

At least the bit about the elves bailing out too soon is a vanilla bug.

Has Fixpack never addressed this?

Has Fixpack never addressed this?

(And now to derail the other thread ???)

I posted something that could, possibly, be viewed as a fix for it, but I don't remember if it was overlooked, passed over, or if there's simply not been a new release of the Fixpack since.

Guest geg_ma3gau

General sovalidaas and Elhan (2 elven dudes) plus another elf are hostile during the dialogs right after you flee from the underdark. They start attacking other elves when the dialogs are over and soon after some elven guy appears, says that you shouldnt have attacked your friends and you ve been warned before and thats game over: main character dies.

General sovalidaas and Elhan (2 elven dudes) plus another elf are hostile during the dialogs right after you flee from the underdark. They start attacking other elves when the dialogs are over and soon after some elven guy appears, says that you shouldnt have attacked your friends and you ve been warned before and thats game over: main character dies.

Can you post your weidu.log? I've heard reports of this kind before but I don't think I've ever been convinced they're SCS. Certainly it's not reliably caused by SCS, or I'd be inundated with reports.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Ok i show you my weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Undead

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Bugfix: Fix the Mirror Image spell so it doesn't block area-effect magic: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Bugfix: Fix the Dispel Magic spell so it correctly allows for caster's level: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility -> Only Spell Thrust, Secret Word and Ruby Ray get areas of effect (default option): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2041 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Improved shapeshifting: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Make the bard stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Make the cleric stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4062 // Make the druid stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4063 // Make the fighter stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4064 // Make the paladin stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4065 // Make the ranger stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4066 // Make the thief stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4067 // Make the wizard stronghold available to all classes: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6035 // Improved golems: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6050 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Give Celestials slightly more staying power: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6080 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6095 // Standardise dragon immunities: dragons in Shadows of Amn get the same immunities to vorpal attacks (etc) as their Throne of Bhaal cousins: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6108 // Enemy mages (and Elder Orbs) use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages or Smarter Beholders): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6137 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> All ToB mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6139 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> All SoA mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6152 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6161 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> All ToB priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6171 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> All SoA priests who can cast 7th-level spells get HLAs: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6182 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7020 // More resilient trolls: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7051 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7078 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7111 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7120 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7126 // Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> Tactics-SCSII hybrid: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v15

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v15

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

Also, im not rly sure if its a scs bug(probably not scs bug, tell me if you know pls), but belm/kundane doesnt interact well with whirlwind/imp whirlwing hla. With belm/kundane in the offhand whirlwinds give me 6 apr, without belm/kundane in the off hand i get 10 apr.

Ok i show you my weidu.log:

OK, that's pretty minimal - looks like it's either something scs-related or just a rare vanilla thing. Is it repeatable? - i.e. do you get it every time you reload?

Also, im not rly sure if its a scs bug(probably not scs bug, tell me if you know pls), but belm/kundane doesnt interact well with whirlwind/imp whirlwing hla. With belm/kundane in the offhand whirlwinds give me 6 apr, without belm/kundane in the off hand i get 10 apr.

It's a problem with how the core game handles stacking multiple attacks per round, I think. (Not scs in any case.)

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Yes, i got this bug every time i reloaded the save at the underdark exit (i got a few reloads there trying to check if they will not be hostile after reload and also i reloaded to invis myself be4 exiting to solve it). I simply used invisibility to solve it : the guy which talks to me and after which i die doesnt talk to me and kill me if im invisible. I never had this bug with vanilla bg 2 as far as i remember.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

So i invised myself and walked away from the location safely but the little problem is that those 2 guys are hostile and they are essential to finish the game (you bring that artifact from bodhi to them after). Also there is that dude which kills me with dialogue. Of course i will be able to play on but will need to use some console commands i think. But of course if this is scs II bug thats bad news. Should be very irritating to use console on every replay.

SCS II really gives second birth to baldurs gate 2 and its the best mod ive ever een for any game. But bugs are bad. Need someone else to confirm this SCS bug (if its related to the mod).

So i invised myself and walked away from the location safely but the little problem is that those 2 guys are hostile and they are essential to finish the game (you bring that artifact from bodhi to them after). Also there is that dude which kills me with dialogue. Of course i will be able to play on but will need to use some console commands i think. But of course if this is scs II bug thats bad news. Should be very irritating to use console on every replay.

SCS II really gives second birth to baldurs gate 2 and its the best mod ive ever een for any game. But bugs are bad. Need someone else to confirm this SCS bug (if its related to the mod).

Well, I can certainly confirm it's not a systematic SCS bug - or I'd be having a lot more bug reports! I'll have a look when I have a chance and see if I can tell what's happening on your install.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Also: spell thrust works on liches(to remove spell immunity) but secret word doesnt work (message: spell ineffective). Spell thrust is lvl 3 and secret word is lvl 4 and its strange that lvl 3 works and lvl 4 doesnt.

Also: spell thrust works on liches(to remove spell immunity) but secret word doesnt work (message: spell ineffective). Spell thrust is lvl 3 and secret word is lvl 4 and its strange that lvl 3 works and lvl 4 doesnt.
This is not SCS fault. Vanilla's Spell Thrust has spell power set to 0 (like Dispel Magic) and thus bypasses liches/rakshasas immunities as well as (M)GoI or any similar protection. Secret Word on the other hand has spell power set to 5 (it should have been 4 judging by its lvl, but I assume it was done to make it work at least on GoI) which is not enough to bypass liches immunity to 5th or lower lvl spells.
Guest geg_Ma3gau

Just noticed anothr thing about that bug at the exit of underdark: actually, there are a lot of "Drow" in the location where the dude which asks you to retreive lanthorn from bodhi and bring it to him. A lot of "Drow" npcs and a lot of elves npcs. Funny thing is that there shouldnt be any drow in that location. Drow are hostile at start and when elves see drow they start fighting them and become hostile to the party (when they see drow npc). That location is veeery messed for me.

Archived