Bugs in V15

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Just a quick note about the bugs listed in the first post. I started a new game recently and have not advanced much yet. I have far more mods than the OP installed (including ascension, some BG2 quest and item mods, some Tactics components, Unfinished Business, BG2 tweaks, aTweaks, Wheels, etc. -- the weidu log is pretty long). I am also on Linux (via wine).

- Shadow thief mage in the starting dungeon doesn't help allies against the vampire.

This I can confirm. Worse, if you chomp Ulvaryl (as I do) and you have the prebuff option (as I do), the mage turns hostile and then raises the usual ungodly amount of protections in one go. Wow, we must look really fearsome.

- Haer'Dalis attacks you when the portal to the planar prison is being summoned.

- In the fallen paladins quest after they kill all the smugglers, one of them turns on his allies.

None of this happened to me. In the second case, I helped the paladins lay waste to the smugglers and not one of them died.

Regards,

G. Rodrigues

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I got through the rest of the game and it was relatively bugfree. Playing through though I had a couple of suggestions:

1) It would be nice if there was a strict version of the 'parties items are taken from them in spellhold' where you don't get anything inside the bad of holding. To me this is 'unrealistically helpful items' to the max - it totally breaks immersion, plus I want to have the fun of working with almost nothing. Second it would be cool if I had to fight my way past jon without having retrieved my items - again it feels sort of gamey that you'd get access to them before you defeated him, and i'd enjoy fighting him with weak equipment.

If you did implement something like this then I guess you'd have to make sure the other components 'remove unrealistically helpful items' and 'remove ammo from containers' did not affect the spellhold areas.

2) In the improved sendai enclave the upgraded final battle seems interesting. However, i'm not really a fan of increasing the difficulty of the game by adding new monsters especially on non-boss fights so I don't install that component. Would it be possible to have a sub-option to just improve the final fight to bring her more in line with other ascension improved fights?

Also I was wondering if the triple dragon hit points affects abazigal in his dragon form? He already had 500 before - 1500 would be quite alot!

I got through the rest of the game and it was relatively bugfree. Playing through though I had a couple of suggestions:

1) It would be nice if there was a strict version of the 'parties items are taken from them in spellhold' where you don't get anything inside the bad of holding. To me this is 'unrealistically helpful items' to the max - it totally breaks immersion, plus I want to have the fun of working with almost nothing. Second it would be cool if I had to fight my way past jon without having retrieved my items - again it feels sort of gamey that you'd get access to them before you defeated him, and i'd enjoy fighting him with weak equipment.

Sure, I can implement this. But it won't be for the faint-hearted! (The bag of holding actually got added because playtesting suggested it was horrendously difficult to do the early parts of Spellhold with literally nothing.)

If you did implement something like this then I guess you'd have to make sure the other components 'remove unrealistically helpful items' and 'remove ammo from containers' did not affect the spellhold areas.

Yeah, I should probably do this anyway, actually.

2) In the improved sendai enclave the upgraded final battle seems interesting. However, i'm not really a fan of increasing the difficulty of the game by adding new monsters especially on non-boss fights so I don't install that component. Would it be possible to have a sub-option to just improve the final fight to bring her more in line with other ascension improved fights?

Sendai's intrinsic abilities aren't improved by the enclave component - but it does upgrade other parts of the fight. I could in principle separate that off... at some point maintaining quite this number of components can get a bit unmanageable but this is probably more or less okay, especially as I do offer Abazigal separately from his enclave.

Also I was wondering if the triple dragon hit points affects abazigal in his dragon form? He already had 500 before - 1500 would be quite alot!

Indeed! He's not affected.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

I have 4 chars running the party and Nyalee's mirror behaved like this for me: 2 of my characters were copied and hostile to me ( i just killed these copies), the other 2 were permamentally dominated (but there is no dominate icon now after the fight, i hide from them but they are sill hostile even though they are inside my party. Dominating them didnt help, dispel didnt help removing hostility, killing and resurrecting doesnt help as they remain hostile after resurrection.

When i use invisibility and run near my hostile cleric mage he kind of figures it out and starts casting spells on himself in order to catch me in the spell's aoe(after he s out of true seeing and such). The problem is that he uses point spells with no aoe like magic missile and flame arrow that damage himself.

I have 4 chars running the party and Nyalee's mirror behaved like this for me: 2 of my characters were copied and hostile to me ( i just killed these copies), the other 2 were permamentally dominated (but there is no dominate icon now after the fight, i hide from them but they are sill hostile even though they are inside my party. Dominating them didnt help, dispel didnt help removing hostility, killing and resurrecting doesnt help as they remain hostile after resurrection.

When i use invisibility and run near my hostile cleric mage he kind of figures it out and starts casting spells on himself in order to catch me in the spell's aoe(after he s out of true seeing and such). The problem is that he uses point spells with no aoe like magic missile and flame arrow that damage himself.

I can't reproduce this, sorry. It works fine on my version.

My first playthrough with SCS2, and I'm enjoying it so far, even if I've lost my F/T twice due to thieves repeatedly using invisibility potions and backstabbing him...

So far my only complaints/bug reports are:

1. With "Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas" and "Make the starting dungeon slightly harder", there are no short bows in Chateau Irenicus (aside from Yoshimo's). This means that Imoen really can't do much except cast her few spells and look pretty. Providing one short bow for her would be nice.

2. With "Randomly change the locations of many in-game items", Jermien no longer gave me an item. I got Ilbratha somewhere earlier and when I gave Jermien the mimic blood, he said something about giving me a sword, but I didn't get any item at all. See http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/evi...athaMissing.png

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Oh this bug i mentioned about nyalee was actually caused by me using domination staff on 2 of my guys before just for fun. The 2 guys whom i dominated turned on me permamentally in the Nyalee encounter. i reloaded and dispelled domination staff effect and all was fine.

My first playthrough with SCS2, and I'm enjoying it so far, even if I've lost my F/T twice due to thieves repeatedly using invisibility potions and backstabbing him...

So far my only complaints/bug reports are:

1. With "Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas" and "Make the starting dungeon slightly harder", there are no short bows in Chateau Irenicus (aside from Yoshimo's). This means that Imoen really can't do much except cast her few spells and look pretty. Providing one short bow for her would be nice.

Well, I'm inclined to think that's just her bad luck, but I've had that complaint from enough people that I'll probably supply a shortbow.

2. With "Randomly change the locations of many in-game items", Jermien no longer gave me an item. I got Ilbratha somewhere earlier and when I gave Jermien the mimic blood, he said something about giving me a sword, but I didn't get any item at all. See http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/evi...athaMissing.png

I'm actually deprecating that component as of the next release - Wisp's version does everything mine does and it saves maintenance time. (Sorry, that doesn't help your playthrough much.)

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Hi again. Finished shadows of amn + throne of bhaal run and i got to say this game is awesome. Enemy clerics never used harm on me (maybe its not really useful for the clerics present in the game due to bad base thac0 without divine power buff). Glabrezus seem shy to use unholy blight. They usually confuse/ pwstun/ recast mirror image. Well, i only had 1 good character in the group maybe thats why.

Archived