Help: Where can I find all dialogue with NPCs in BG2?

Fresol

I tried to replay the game with all the "new" mods (new to me). It was fun for a while, but now I've found out I'm actually more interested in the storyline and all the dialogues. Is there someplace I can find all the dialogues without having to play through the whole game? Many thanks!

Sorry to say, it's not going to be an easy task to just read a mod.

Depends on how you'd like to read them. You can find them out fo their context within the game files (usually starting in the dialogue files of individual NPCs). You can find these using one of the editors, like NearInfinity, InfinityTalker, or the DLTCP tool, but you'll have to take a guess as to the conditions that set off each talk, as they're decided by variables that will only make sense if you read the conversations and dialogue files in the right order. Not necessarily the most fun way to read, but some can do it.

It might be easier to go into the dialogue files contained directly in the mods themselves, the conversations should be in reasonable assembly to read in there, though getting the order right might still be a problem.

If you mean a nice listing of all the dialogues in the roughly correct order for reading, then some modders might have those lists, but in many cases, they're going to be as confusing as the dialogue files. There might be walkthroughs available listing dialogue, but they're going to be rare, and only on a mod by mod basis.

Thanks for your reply.

But it seems I didn't express myself correctly: I started to play BG2 again because of the mods, but I play mostly vanilla games (with fixpack, tweak, spell/item revision etc. of course). And what I really want to know is the *original* storyline and dialogues. And actually I haven't even finished ToB for once... I have a .txt file containing all the dialogues in BG1. Found it in a Chinese site, of course the file is not really reader-friendly...

When I first played the game several years ago I was relying on Chinese sites and wasn't aware of the G3 community and its products. It's good to see after this many years this community is still quite active and I do appreciate all the mods you guys provide ???

And what I really want to know is the *original* storyline and dialogues.

I think might be able to dig that up.

Boom!

"The author of this story thought it would be worthwhile to recreate the game's story in written form, in the game's own words. All of the dialogue was taken almost unchanged directly from the game itself, as well as some of the other material. In order to create a full story, he did have to invent a lead character, as well as pick a particular path through the game.

He is assuming you have already played the game itself, but you might want to read this to experience the story again, or to hear from characters you chose not to include in your party."

Baldur's Gate & TOSC Story by Rhys Hess

BG II: SoA & ToB Story (Good Side) by Rhys Hess

BG II: SoA & ToB Story (Evil Side) by Rhys Hess

Oh my god! Thanks a lot man! ???

Will check them out when I get back home today.

And what I really want to know is the *original* storyline and dialogues.

I think might be able to dig that up.

Boom!

"The author of this story thought it would be worthwhile to recreate the game's story in written form, in the game's own words. All of the dialogue was taken almost unchanged directly from the game itself, as well as some of the other material. In order to create a full story, he did have to invent a lead character, as well as pick a particular path through the game.

He is assuming you have already played the game itself, but you might want to read this to experience the story again, or to hear from characters you chose not to include in your party."

Baldur's Gate & TOSC Story by Rhys Hess

BG II: SoA & ToB Story (Good Side) by Rhys Hess

BG II: SoA & ToB Story (Evil Side) by Rhys Hess

Archived