Tb#Tweaks imprisonment integration

the bigg

Out of mercy, enemy mages won't cast Imprisonment on the main character. If you're masochistic enough to want to change this, enter CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",1).

The Imprisonment fix from tb#tweaks transforms Imprisonment into 'Maze until 24 seconds after the end of battle'; as such, the game doesn't end if CHARNAME is imprisoned (unless you're soloing). Should I remove that check from your scripts when installing tb#tweaks?

NB: tb#tweaks is usually installed after SCSII, so you can't remove that trigger from your scripts at install time via MOD_IS_INSTALLED.

Out of mercy, enemy mages won't cast Imprisonment on the main character. If you're masochistic enough to want to change this, enter CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",1).

The Imprisonment fix from tb#tweaks transforms Imprisonment into 'Maze until 24 seconds after the end of battle'; as such, the game doesn't end if CHARNAME is imprisoned (unless you're soloing). Should I remove that check from your scripts when installing tb#tweaks?

Be my guest. (The fastest and cleanest way is probably to just add a block to set that console command; feel free to do it more thoroughly if you'd rather.)

NB: tb#tweaks is usually installed after SCSII, so you can't remove that trigger from your scripts at install time via MOD_IS_INSTALLED.

Though I have very little confidence in people getting the install order right - especially since every tweak mod say "install me last" - so I might add that functionality too.

Be my guest. (The fastest and cleanest way is probably to just add a block to set that console command; feel free to do it more thoroughly if you'd rather.)

Adding a block is faster, but will lead your mages to freely imprison CHARNAME if tb#tweaks is uninstalled mid-game. Yes, I know that changing components mid-game is a bad idea and should never be done, but I see no reason to break it without need (you'll notice that in mod announcements I usually discuss situations where upgrading a mod would break save games).

Though I have very little confidence in people getting the install order right - especially since every tweak mod say "install me last" - so I might add that functionality too.

By 'usually' I mean BWP. Still a good idea to support both relative install orders though, when it's (almost) free (component 150 of tb#tweaks/tb#tweaks.tp2, or by file tb#impri.spl).

Adding a block is faster, but will lead your mages to freely imprison CHARNAME if tb#tweaks is uninstalled mid-game. Yes, I know that changing components mid-game is a bad idea and should never be done, but I see no reason to break it without need (you'll notice that in mod announcements I usually discuss situations where upgrading a mod would break save games).

Point taken. Okay, in that case you'll have to patch quite a few scripts.

Are you dissing my tp2 skills?

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Global("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",1)~ ~True()~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Global("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",0)~ ~False()~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
IF ~DMWWImprisonPlayer~
BUT_ONLY

Are you dissing my tp2 skills?

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Global("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",1)~ ~True()~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~Global("DMWWImprisonPlayer","GLOBAL",0)~ ~False()~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
IF ~DMWWImprisonPlayer~
BUT_ONLY

I didn't say you'd have to patch them all manually ???

Archived