IWD Fixpack v1 Available

CamDawg

Guest Auron
What about Grog's fixes from Auril's Bane?

In general, do you suggest installing AB before or after the fixpack?

There's almost no mods for the IWD, and AB is a very good addition to the game.

I remember looking at Grog's stuff when I was first putting together the fixes. As I recall it was mainly a metric ton of alignment fixes which I didn't touch and some other stuff that I really didn't feel were fixes. The latest version (1.7) also doesn't include the bug fix text file, so it's also completely undocumented. The only bug fix doc I can find is from the v1.3 HoW version but the bug fix doc is labeled v1.1 and woefully inadequate--264 file changes explained in eight lines. It's definitely excluded a mess of stuff, as there are a bunch of dialogue files changed and f***-all in the docs about them.

?? I have Auril's Bane v1.7 and it does contains a bug_fixes.txt. I can confirm that the package of Auril's Bane 1.7 available now does not contain the bug_fixes.txt but the one I have does. I downloaded it several years ago for sure but can't remember the exact date.

Anyway, if it can help, the following is a copy of the bug_fixes.txt contained in the Auril's Bane 1.7 I have :

===========================================================================

GROG'S ICEWIND DALE BUG FIXES

Readme

Version 3.0 - November 12, 2005

CONTENTS

1. Introduction

2. Fix List

3. Legal Information

1. INTRODUCTION

If you've ever played IWD before (you probably have if you're reading this) you may have noticed that Holy Smite and Smite Evil are rather ineffective. This is due to some rather odd Alignment codings by the game devs. So I set out to fix them (with some slight prodding by one of the Forum members).

As I was correcting the miscoded ALignments, I also noticed that many creatures also had incorrect class and/or race codings and/or improper resistances (i.e. Frost Giants had a fire resistance BONUS, instead of a penalty). There are 118 corrected .cre files in this pack in addition to some spell fixes.

I only changed Alingments (or assigned them in cases where the cre had none) to thier PnP norm. The new class assignments, however, may be a bit more subjective. If you think I missed something, or flubbed somewhere feel free to drop me an e-mail. Although, you should be aware that I may or may not be swayed :).

2. FIX LIST

1) Fixed all creatures with inccorect or missing alignment, class, race, and /or resistances

2) Hold Person's duration was wrong: instead of the listed 2r/lvl it was 1r/lvl in game

3) The casting speed for Hold Animal did not match the description

4) Spectral Guards are now much more closely related to Spectres. Therefore, they are much more deadly (and worth more XP too)

5) Curse did not give a -1 penalty to all Saving Throws as per the description and was cumulative with itself.

6) Resist Fire/Cold was erroneously cumulative with itself.

7) Dispel Magic was not updated to remove the effects of several HoW Spells.

8) Barksin's AC bonus did not improve with levels as per the description

9) The Merry Shorthorn didn't play its associated sound when used.

10) Various Dialog Fixes

11) Various weapons in Conlan's shop cost too much. *See Note*

12) Standardized [spell] Scroll Prices

13) Mirror Image now gives the correct number of random images

14) The Mage Robe of Electrical Existance didn't give its stated bonus (20%)

15) Pemby's Wand of Many Missiles did the wrong kind of damage (missile instead of magic)

16) Tongue of the Gloomfrost did Piercing damage instead of slashing damage (as per the description)

*Note: Many of his items are only regular +X weapons, with nifty descriptions. Paying 5 to 6 times the normal price for a description is rediculus. Case in point - The Love of Black Bess and the Lucky Scimitar cost less than some of the other items that have no additional effect(s).

============================================================================

3. LEGAL INFORMATION

Winter's Bane Site Design and Content (except where noted) © 2002 Nathan Bunch. All Rights Reserved.

BALDUR'S GATE II: SHADOWS OF AMN, BALDUR'S GATE II: THRONE OF BHAAL: © 2000, 2001 Bioware Corp. All Rights Reserved.

ICEWIND DALE, ICEWIND DALE: HEART OF WINTER, TRIALS OF THE LUREMASTER: © 2000, 2000, 2001 Interplay Productions. All Rights Reserved.

PLANESCAPE: TORMENT & DESIGN: © 1999 Interplay Productions. All Rights Reserved.

Bioware Infinity Engine: © 1998 Bioware Corp. All Rights Reserved.

BALDUR'S GATE, TALES OF THE SWORD COAST: © 1998, 1999 BioWare Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment, Planescape, the Planescape logo, Forgotten Realms, the Forgotten Realms logo, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, the AD&D logo, and the TSR logo are trademarks of TSR, Inc., a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc, and are used by Interplay under license. All Rights Reserved. Interplay, the Interplay logo, Black Isle Studios, the Black Isle Studios logo, and "By Gamers, For Gamers." are trademarks of Interplay Productions. All Rights Reserved.

The BioWare logo is the trademark of BioWare Corp. All Rights Reserved.

All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

<End of File>

Guest Geeze

Sup bros. Gotta few bugs I encountered. (Got fixpack and latest patch, etc.)

1) Yxy's priests and the high torturer don't do anything after casting their initial spells. They just follow me round. They don't even try to punch me.

2) I used contact other plane after meeting Albion and the eldathyns, but i couldn't ask about them. I could only do so when I had gone to Presio's level. Bit late, eh? There is also a grammatical error in the spirit's response.

3) The barkeep at Kuldahar doesn't attack me when I'm killing him and everyone else. Despite having a crossbow. Why can't he loose off a few bolts?

4) When Larrel is talking to the squirrel he uses an exclamation mark when he should be using a q-mark. (So do the elemental princes in ToB when it comes to that.)

5) If I let Marchon of Waterdeep out so he helps me kill tha snakes, when I finally talk to him his response jumps in a strange way to the response you give when you tell him you killed all the snakes.

6) Long sword of confusion permits me to kill trolls without fire/acid so long as I kill them while confused. Intended?

7) My black wolf talisman keeps dropping the 10hp bonus. I don't know what causes this, but sometimes i find I've been playing with it equipped and 10 less hp than I should have.

8) Why does using some equipment cause you to change the way you face? I use wand of magic missles and I end up turning round and firing it backwards. (Over my shoulder presumably). What's up with that?

That's all for now, bros. Keep up the good work!

Guest Geeze

Here's one more:

I found the Eldathyn healer women and the orc priests in the severed hand try to heal me in combat. They shouldn't be doing that, though it is helpful.

Guest Ayrus

I stated this once, but in the wrong thread. Once you fight the Auril priestess in the yeti cave, you get a journal entry, saying something like "she attacked us.". Now, when you go to tell the bartender, your journal gets updated again. But the text is the same as in the yeti cave, meaning it states that "she attacked us.". It should probably be something about getting Lyta's equipment from the bartender.

Guest Ayrus

Okay, here is an image as a clarification what I meant. As you can see, the journal adding text is wrong. It is in multiple place when talking with Whitcomb. I wonder what the real journal entry should be in this situation? Where are the journal entries (indexes) kept in the data files? I don't really know about modding yet, so I can't tell. Or are the journal entries embedded in to the dialog scripts, meaning there is no "real" entry for this written? The journal entry shouldn't state that Lysan attacked you when you ask Whitcomb of her stuff, since that entry was added already to the journal in the cave.

lysanbug.jpg

I have a bug report, thought it best to report here. It seems a low CON can cause a character to be healed upon each reload. My Elf Druid had CON 6 and I only noticed this once he died, then healed himself back to positive HP. Of course there was still no avatar and I couldn't resurrect him at a temple (his portrait dissapeared in the store interface). Scroll of resurrection did work however. After much dicking around I upped his CON to 7 via Near Infinity and that seems to have solved the issue. Has anyone else encountered this weirdness?

Weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v1

~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v1

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // BG2 Grand Mastery: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE): v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2182 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters -> Arcane & Divine Magic: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v12

~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus): v12

~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1ppv: Fix character attack animation sounds in TotLM

~1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)

Guest Titanium White

I'm having similar problems mentioned with this fixpack, but I would like to know if we can expect some kind of update to the fixpack or if it has been abandoned due to the game's age.

As I see it, we can choose between the "vanilla" game and its bugs, or the "fixpack" game and its bugs and I'm having trouble discerning which is best/worst.

1) Yxy's priests and the high torturer don't do anything after casting their initial spells. They just follow me round. They don't even try to punch me.

2) I used contact other plane after meeting Albion and the eldathyns, but i couldn't ask about them. I could only do so when I had gone to Presio's level. Bit late, eh? There is also a grammatical error in the spirit's response.

3) The barkeep at Kuldahar doesn't attack me when I'm killing him and everyone else. Despite having a crossbow. Why can't he loose off a few bolts?

4) When Larrel is talking to the squirrel he uses an exclamation mark when he should be using a q-mark. (So do the elemental princes in ToB when it comes to that.)

I found the Eldathyn healer women and the orc priests in the severed hand try to heal me in combat. They shouldn't be doing that, though it is helpful.

I stated this once, but in the wrong thread. Once you fight the Auril priestess in the yeti cave, you get a journal entry, saying something like "she attacked us.". Now, when you go to tell the bartender, your journal gets updated again. But the text is the same as in the yeti cave, meaning it states that "she attacked us.". It should probably be something about getting Lyta's equipment from the bartender.

The paperdoll fix was done wrong. Now the human fighter needs fixing.

All the above are fixed in v2.

5) If I let Marchon of Waterdeep out so he helps me kill tha snakes, when I finally talk to him his response jumps in a strange way to the response you give when you tell him you killed all the snakes.

I couldn't find any dialogue funk with Marchon.

6) Long sword of confusion permits me to kill trolls without fire/acid so long as I kill them while confused. Intended?

This is something I don't think I can address without engine tweaks. I'll take a deeper look for v3, but honestly, I'm still scarred from fighting BG2 trolls.

7) My black wolf talisman keeps dropping the 10hp bonus. I don't know what causes this, but sometimes i find I've been playing with it equipped and 10 less hp than I should have.

I was unable to replicate--the only wonk I could find with the BW Talisman is that the HP bonus had a minimum level set, but it doesn't seem to actually have an effect.

8) Why does using some equipment cause you to change the way you face? I use wand of magic missles and I end up turning round and firing it backwards. (Over my shoulder presumably). What's up with that?

Unable to replicate.

I have a bug report, thought it best to report here. It seems a low CON can cause a character to be healed upon each reload. My Elf Druid had CON 6 and I only noticed this once he died, then healed himself back to positive HP. Of course there was still no avatar and I couldn't resurrect him at a temple (his portrait dissapeared in the store interface). Scroll of resurrection did work however. After much dicking around I upped his CON to 7 via Near Infinity and that seems to have solved the issue. Has anyone else encountered this weirdness?

I was able to replicate this, but the cure is worse than the bug. If you remove HP penalties for low CON this bug goes away, but then you have no penalties for sub-6 CON. I've left this alone for now.

Archived