On Ease of Use script and Healing Potions

the bigg

I have two observations about the use of healing potions:

- drinking a potion is given greater priority than casting Cure X Wounds; perhaps the priority should be inverted? It won't help if the healer isn't the person currently hurt, but at least you won't waste a potion when you could cast Cure X Wounds on self.

- you dring potions too soon - it should be (IMHO) something like HPPercentLT(Myself,90) for normal Healing Potions and HPPercentLT(Myself,70) for Extra Healing. Again, to avoid wasting an EH potion if you're missing two HPs.

I have two observations about the use of healing potions:

- drinking a potion is given greater priority than casting Cure X Wounds; perhaps the priority should be inverted? It won't help if the healer isn't the person currently hurt, but at least you won't waste a potion when you could cast Cure X Wounds on self.

I don't think I cast Cure X Wounds at all, do I? ... or rather, my current local version does, because I incorporated code you wrote, but I didn't think it was released.

- you dring potions too soon - it should be (IMHO) something like HPPercentLT(Myself,90) for normal Healing Potions and HPPercentLT(Myself,70) for Extra Healing. Again, to avoid wasting an EH potion if you're missing two HPs.

Agreed.

I don't think I cast Cure X Wounds at all, do I? ... or rather, my current local version does, because I incorporated code you wrote, but I didn't think it was released.

Right; in my local version, I put the spellcasting block after the potion block, and you should check that you didn't make the same mistake.

Also, Potions of Healing (and Goodberries) should be used in order from less powerful to more powerful, not vice versa.

Did you miss this by chance?

Also, I think you missed some opportunities for SSLization (code completely untested):

IF
ActionListEmpty()
CombatCounter(0)
!Global("DMWWBuff","LOCALS",0)
!Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
HasItem("clck25",Myself)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("starcloak","LOCALS")
!InventoryFull(Myself)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobalTimer("starcloak","LOCALS",2000)
	UseItem("clck25",Myself)
END

IF
ActionListEmpty()
CombatCounter(0)
HasItem("belt09",Myself)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("fortbelt","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobalTimer("fortbelt","LOCALS",2000)
	UseItem("belt09",Myself)
END

IF
ActionListEmpty()
CombatCounter(0)
HasItem("boot12",Myself)
CheckStat(Myself,0,STONESKINS)
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("gargoyleboot","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobalTimer("gargoyleboot","LOCALS",2000)
	UseItem("boot12",Myself)
END

->

IF TRIGGER
  !GlobalTimerNotExpired("scsargument1timer","LOCALS")
THEN DO
 SetGlobalTimer("scsargument1timer","LOCALS",2000)
 Action(Potion,"clck25",0)
 Action(Potion,"belt09",0)
 Action(Potion,"boot12",0)
END

Also, Potions of Healing (and Goodberries) should be used in order from less powerful to more powerful, not vice versa.

Did you miss this by chance?

Yep, sorry. I'm doing an updated version now. (Oh dear, here I go mistaking players for testers once more...)

Archived