What are the level drain penalties?

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Hi again guys! Maybe you consider it a bit off-topic because its not directly SCS II related, but i asked the same question on official bioware place and noone could explain me. I have faith in this forum so i decided yo ask here too.

What are the level drain penalties for diffirent lvls?

-swashbuckler 10 fighter 28 got drained 2 levels (to fghter 26) and that resulted in -4 saves penalty and -2 thac0 penalty;

-ranger 9 cleric 30 got drained 8 levels(to cleric22) and got -2 saves penalty and -1 thac0 penalty Same effect for being drained 4 levels : -2 saves, -1 thac0;

One thing that caught my eye is that they both lost existing item bonus to saves (one character had -4 saves bonus from items, the other one had -2 bonus from items). Further penalties to saves started occuring when a character got back into lvling table of ThaC0, saves etc (as i said, this table for all classes ends around lvl 20) as expected and probably by table although i didnt check it.

I didnt check the behaviour of max hitpoints after lvl drain.

I cant get the pattern behind those numbers.

1)How does lvl drain affect epic levels drained from characters (at epic lvls you ve already finished improving saves and thac0 by class tables, but there is still a penalty to thac0 and saves for epic lvls drained)?

2)Is that right that not epic level drain just reduce your thac0, saves, hp etc according to class tables?

Anyone knows? Can anyone explain why the characters with more than 20 lvls had penalties after being drained (they are off lvling table with thac0, saves etc)? Thx.

Guest JustAnotherCouchPotato
-swashbuckler 10 fighter 28 got drained 2 levels (to fghter 26) and that resulted in -4 saves penalty and -2 thac0 penalty;

-ranger 9 cleric 30 got drained 8 levels(to cleric22) and got -2 saves penalty and -1 thac0 penalty Same effect for being drained 4 levels : -2 saves, -1 thac0;

One thing that caught my eye is that they both lost existing item bonus to saves (one character had -4 saves bonus from items, the other one had -2 bonus from items).

Could that be it? Did you perhaps forget about the lost item bonuses when comparing their saving throws? (and maybe the THAC0 could be explained in a similar manner?)

Archived