Magic Resistance

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I haven't noticed any mages with lower resistance memorised while i'm playing, perhaps this is a mistake? While it certainly might be a waste to have it memorised on every mage, perhaps some should have a copy or two memorised to keep you on your toes? High level monks, skeleton warriors, mustard jelly/iron golem form mages and even carsomyr wielding paladins all have very high magic resistance.

Beholders are also completely trumped by a mustard jelly form of polymorph. While there isn't much that can be done here without giving them new abilites, elder orbs could definetely use some lower resistances memorised.

As an extra note did you ever discover the cause of jellies losing their ranged attacks? I did discover there was one jelly in durlags tower that seemed to still have it. It was the one in the slime elemental room.

I haven't noticed any mages with lower resistance memorised while i'm playing, perhaps this is a mistake? While it certainly might be a waste to have it memorised on every mage, perhaps some should have a copy or two memorised to keep you on your toes? High level monks, skeleton warriors, mustard jelly/iron golem form mages and even carsomyr wielding paladins all have very high magic resistance.

I occasionally use 3x Lower Resistance sequencers. I'll have a look as to whether I should look at doing it more often, and/or memorising one or two.

Beholders are also completely trumped by a mustard jelly form of polymorph. While there isn't much that can be done here without giving them new abilites, elder orbs could definetely use some lower resistances memorised.

I'll give that one some thought. (I take it beholder antimagic doesn't end a polymorph spell?)

As an extra note did you ever discover the cause of jellies losing their ranged attacks? I did discover there was one jelly in durlags tower that seemed to still have it. It was the one in the slime elemental room.

Yeah, it's fixed locally.

Archived