Final Battle

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Guest Guest_Loz_*

I have a couple of suggestions for the final battle after trying it with both ascension and scsii ai.

1) Irenicus should be forced to have 1-2 improved alacrities memorised or his robe of vecna is a waste. Haven't seen him use his wand or potions - possibly because of the changed item names.

2) Bodhi and the fallen solars die very fast. My suggestion - make the fallen solars a little more afraid of going toe to toe with level 20+ warriors in melee particuarly if they have GWW/CS on or have the ravager +6 equipped(it drops them fast). As for bodhi well... it comes back to the old disruption problem with undead.

3) Sendai does not use her teleport ring, full heal potion or scroll(either timestop or improved alacrity IIRC) she has. At least not as far as I can tell.

4) Mellisan's scsii is a huge improvement over ascensions in almost every way. She uses her abilities in a much more structured way, and is less afraid to use her powerful melee and timestop->melee tactic. The one thing she doesn't seem to do as well is summoning. In fact she hardly seems to summon at all, and it might even be bugged. She certainly doesn't do the massive 5+ at a time summons the normal ascension mellisan was feared for(fallen solars, balors, cambions and all sorts could pop out).

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Melissan summoing worked well for me but i noticed that she starts doing it a lot only if you retreat and gain some distance away from her. But at start of each round she solidly summoned a couple of monsters for me. I fought standart Melissan without Irenicus or Bodhi in that fight. Summons she used for me: mariliths, balors, some strong shadows which lvl drain and are immune to mace of disruption/runehammer instakill. Maybe sole solar too but i dont remember.

Archived