Version 16 released

DavidW

Looks like Spell Shield is fixed but it has no animation nor portrait icon ( I commented out the SR bits that were disabling it at lvl 5 ). Duration, casting speed, description and so on are overwritten.
Both are hardcoded into the vanilla effect.

I vaguely remember we were (I was?) going to use a custom animation for it, different from Spell Turning (blue circle underfeet), as a separate effect. The problem is, no suitable one has been discovered at the time.

Guest Guest
Anything you can share as to what had to be tinkered with? i.e. is this likely to be a problem that lots of people end up having?

Mostly it was just a result of my own ineptitude, not having played BG2 extensively for three or so years, and therefore not being familiar with ToBEx at all; basically, SCSII installed the utility, but it didn't register when opening the game through bgmain.exe, and then only with errors when using TobEXLoader.exe. Installing ToBEX separately prior to everything else fixed it.

So, it's probably just me.

While I'm making this post, I might as well also ask this: the readme says that SCS now tries to account for aTweaks fiends, but at least with SCS installed first (without improved fiends), enemy mages just end up not summoning demons at all. Is there a way of having SCS mages summon aTweaks fiends, and if so, is the aTweaks fiend component supposed to be installed before smarter mages and then recognized by SCS?

While I'm making this post, I might as well also ask this: the readme says that SCS now tries to account for aTweaks fiends, but at least with SCS installed first (without improved fiends), enemy mages just end up not summoning demons at all. Is there a way of having SCS mages summon aTweaks fiends, and if so, is the aTweaks fiend component supposed to be installed before smarter mages and then recognized by SCS?

I think we tried to arrange it so they could be installed in either order (David is not the only one who's confused by now) but in your case I think the problem is that you either need to install SCSII's improved fiends (along with the rest of SCSII) and then install aTweaks on top of that, or install aTweaks' fiends before SCSII.

Inter alia, you can fix it by editing scsii/mage/mage.tph in a text editor.

As a fan of your random use of scientific-philosophical latin phrases, I'm left wondering if you didn't mean intera, or possibly interim?

Not to replace words in his mouth, but in context he probably meant ad interim (in the meantime). Inter alia is "amongst others."

I meant inter alia (I think) but I shouldn't have. If you want a Latin tag, pro tem would probably be best (but it's a bad habit of mine anyway, so I probably shouldn't be encouraging others!)

Generally speaking it's prehistorical mods that corrupt files and pose compatibility problems

You mean, does the component fail on a pure SCS-plus-fixpack install? If so, no. (I do do install tests before releasing, believe it or not.)

:) I tried again with ToBEX+IR+SR+RR and then did some testing with WoP; ''Decrease the rate at which reputation improves'' component is incompatible with Wheels of Prophecy

[GPMERC.BCS.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-1

Near Text: IF

invalid keyword [iF]

[GPMERC.BCS.BCS] ERROR at line 1 column 0-1

Near Text: IF

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [GPMERC.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: [GPMERC.BCS] -> [override/GPMERC.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

Stopping installation because of error.

Not to replace words in his mouth, but in context he probably meant ad interim (in the meantime). Inter alia is "amongst others."

I meant inter alia (I think) but I shouldn't have. If you want a Latin tag, pro tem would probably be best (but it's a bad habit of mine anyway, so I probably shouldn't be encouraging others!)

Isn't that what Miloch was getting at, pro temporead interim (which is, in turn, what I thought you meant)?

And don't stop using Latin phrases when you can get away with it, it's one of the little things that makes this forum all the more enjoyable :)

Not to mention, as a law practitioner I find using Latin is both fun and disturbing to others :)

It's impossible to uninstall and then reinstall the last component ( "Improved Minor Encounters" ); attempting to do so results in a error. Can't be more detailed sorry, but I think it has something to do with TALKNI01 being changed from fighter to fighter/cleric and not getting the proper spells.

Btw, do you mind add a weidu option to uninstall/reinstall whole SCSII with a single y/n? Something similar to what I saw in other mods: ''What do you want to do with the components that are already installed? ninstall them, [R]einstall them ... '' You know, every time I toy with a new version I have to do it for 30+ times in a row... :)

Edit: @Ardanis, the spell shield should protect against one cast of the new pnp antimagic rays as well, DW#BEHAN.SPL and DW#HIVAN.SPL. Is adding a pro-magic icon to the portrait going to break the spell shield effect btw? Original one might be hardcoded but just something that tells players they still have the spell running would be useful. Modify script state effect does last 288 ( 48 rounds? ), same as the end lighting effect, while the pro-spells are changed to 150 and the description says 3rounds/lvl.

It's impossible to uninstall and then reinstall the last component ( "Improved Minor Encounters" ); attempting to do so results in a error. Can't be more detailed sorry, but I think it has something to do with TALKNI01 being changed from fighter to fighter/cleric and not getting the proper spells.

Ah. Yes, I think I understand why this is, and it's not quite what you think. It's to do with the externalising of spell resources needed for SR-compatibility. If you reinstall the drow component at the same time, things will work (bizarrely enough).

Btw, do you mind add a weidu option to uninstall/reinstall whole SCSII with a single y/n? Something similar to what I saw in other mods: ''What do you want to do with the components that are already installed? ninstall them, [R]einstall them ... '' You know, every time I toy with a new version I have to do it for 30+ times in a row... :)

Open a command window and type setup-scsii --uninstall.

indeed, WoP breaks (at least) gpmerc.bcs.

And "decrease reputation gain" chokes if there are any broken scripts. Normally in this situation I blame other mods for breaking things; in this case, that doesn't help much :) It's a reminder that I need to get around to updating WoP.

indeed, WoP breaks (at least) gpmerc.bcs.

And "decrease reputation gain" chokes if there are any broken scripts. Normally in this situation I blame other mods for breaking things; in this case, that doesn't help much :) It's a reminder that I need to get around to updating WoP.

fwiw changing the wheels .tpa in that way let me instal the 'decrease rep gain' component

David, I have no clue how I am supposed to proceed in order to ''Open a command window and type setup-scsii --uninstall.'' [open what? how? noob!]

Edit: toying a bit with the improved beholders ( option 2, pnp antimagic, rays don't burn through spell turning ) it looks like the antimagic bypasses the spell shield even after changing ardanis code to include spwi550 and spwi992 and while the protection from magic icon is always displayed, the spell failure portrait icon isn't always.

Guest Guest_Loz_*
I have the same problem as Mad Mate (parse errors when installing smarter priests). Can anyone confirm that it's okay to play through this? I'm eager to start a new game, but I want to make sure it's not going to crash. Thanks.

I can confirm it's harmless. (Priests won't cast Elemental Summoning, but this won't make much difference.)

I've also been having some stability issues with the new version. It has crashed lots of times, sometimes giving errors sometimes not. Could this have anything to do with Tobex and could the fact that I didn't do a full reinstall of BG2 since the last version be the cause?

I'm not sure. I don't see any obvious reason why a full reinstall would be needed; equally, if you've got a complicated install it's possible something could have been messed up. If you want to check if it's ToBEx, edit scsii/scsii.ini in a text editor, and add the line

Disable_ToBEx 1

Then reinstall SCSII.

Ok I tried that and it does seem to have improved stability, but there are still crashes. For example any hit from crom faeyr will crash the game. I only have fixpack, scsii, ascension and tweaks on my install right now. Still I guess something may be messed up so I will try a full reinstall and see what happens. Would be helpful if someone else could check the crom faeyr thing on their install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-e...and-prompt.html

will get you the command prompt (terminal window... etc.)

then to change to see your game directory, use

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490875.aspx

cd /d x:\mydirectory\mygamedirectory

where X = the drive letter and the directory structure is yours, so something like

cd /d c:\iegames\bg2\

I remember you need the /d switch on Win7 x64 as DOS is now like talking about parchment and vellum preparation

and then run

setup-scsii --uninstall

Archived