Nimbul is always invisible.

leania

I installed SCS and the list of components is following:

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable Spells: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Correct various errors on race, class etc: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Prevent random crashes in Beregost (by Ascension64): v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Better NPC management: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Skip Candlekeep: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Move Boo out of quick access and into Minsc's pack: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Ease-of-use player AI: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Smarter general AI: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Better calls for help: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5021 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5031 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5041 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests do not pre-buff: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Smarter deployment: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5070 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v16

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5090 // Smarter basilisks: v16

I met Nimbul in Nashkel, and I used Blindness spell to him.

Above all, the first problem is why he can use Stoneskin spell and Mirror Image spell almost simultaneously. I DID NOT allow to him to cast pre-buff, but he did. Actaully it isn't related with my main question, but it is also important problem because I want to fight with the enemies fairly. I don't want to allow them what I can't do at all.

And the second problem is, after he became blind, he was hiding everytime whenver he finished casting spell. He did both casting and becoming invisible in 1 round. Even if he used his Potion of Invisibility, He should hide after 1 round.

I want to know that these Smarter AI/mages/priests components work correctly. I don't want to see some cheat playing of enemies.

I met Nimbul in Nashkel, and I used Blindness spell to him.

Above all, the first problem is why he can use Stoneskin spell and Mirror Image spell almost simultaneously. I DID NOT allow to him to cast pre-buff, but he did. Actaully it isn't related with my main question, but it is also important problem because I want to fight with the enemies fairly. I don't want to allow them what I can't do at all.

This is intentional. Stoneskin has a multi-hour duration: any sensible wizard casts it first thing in the morning. In earlier versions of SCS, wizards cast stoneskin as soon as they were created (so Nimbul would have cast it as soon as you arrived on the Nashkel map), but people complained that they didn't like all the wizards they ran into being grey-skinned. Subsequent versions only actually apply the Stoneskin effect when creatures are hostile and in sight. If you prefer the old way, enter CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWNeutralPrebuff","GLOBAL",1) at the console. (It makes a purely cosmetic difference.) This is all distinct from prebuffing, which represents shortish duration spells that a wizard would need advance warning of a fight in order to cast. (Other ultra-long-duration spells - Minute Meteors and Invisibility - also work this way.)

And the second problem is, after he became blind, he was hiding everytime whenver he finished casting spell. He did both casting and becoming invisible in 1 round. Even if he used his Potion of Invisibility, He should hide after 1 round.

This is a bug. It's caused by my not allowing for Blindness (this is a not-infrequent problem, it's a spell I never used to use and so a lot of my older code doesn't allow for it). Nimbul is supposed to apply an Invisibility effect if he's got a spare spell and he's out of sight of enemies. Unfortunately, if he's blinded, he can't see you, so he's "out of sight". If you want to fix it, open up scs/mage/magesetup.ssl in a text editor, and on line 22 replace

!See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))

with

!Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))

I want to know that these Smarter AI/mages/priests components work correctly. I don't want to see some cheat playing of enemies.

Nothing intentionally cheats. That doesn't rule out situations where someone accidentally cheats due to a bug (your second case) or where you're incorrectly interpreting something as cheating (your first case).

Archived