"Leave him alone" effect

Salk

Hello!

Is there an effect that I can add to one character so that the AI will completely ignore him and stop attacking him just as if he was dead?

A friend told me that the only way is to give the invisibility effect for the briefest duration.

But that solution is not so convenient to me.

Is there any better alternative?

Thanks!

Would it be possible to cancel the effects of a permanent effect?

Using a short-timed loop to apply opcode #100 has proved to be glitchy and unreliable.

I'd rather set it as permanent and then cancel it, if possible. If so, how?

Thanks!

You can cancel some opcodes but not others. There isn't one to cancel #100 (protection from creature type) that I know of. On the other hand, you should be able to cancel #39 (unconsciousness) with #2 (cure sleep). If you have a spell with several such effects, it might be hard to devise a "counter-spell" that can cancel all the original effects. The only other way to get rid of permanent effects is make them dispellable, but then pretty much any Dispel Magic will cancel them, which is probably not desirable.

Is there an effect that I can add to one character so that the AI will completely ignore him and stop attacking him just as if he was dead?
The usual AI's attack only hostile or (party) friendly targets, so what exactly are you trying to do, as the neutral(nearly every town NPC has this) are commonly ignored.
The usual AI's attack only hostile or (party) friendly targets, so what exactly are you trying to do, as the neutral(nearly every town NPC has this) are commonly ignored.

DavidW told me that changing the allegiance to neutral or even enemy would not be a safe solution as the AI would, in lack of better, fight and kill party members no matter what their allegiance.

I need to know how to remove several protections that are set to permanent. Ardanis came with a suggestion but I don't understand how to make it.

...so what exactly are you trying to do...
DavidW told me that changing the allegiance to neutral or even enemy would not be a safe solution as the AI would, in lack of better, fight and kill party members no matter what their allegiance.
Let me try again.

Why do you need this one character to be ignored ?

...so what exactly are you trying to do...
Let me try again.

Why do you need this one character to be ignored ?

Because he is supposed to be dead and should be regarded as such.

Archived