Version 17 released

DavidW

To be more clear:

With SR alone Secret Word has 1 ability; such ability has 4 effects at power 0. It bypasses GoI.

With SCS2 installed right after SR Secret Word has 1 ability; such ability casts istantly 2 effects at power 4: spwi419b at power 0 (copycat of SR spell, with 4 effects at power 0) and spwi419c again at power 4 (this being the workaround to bypass II I guess) <- Edit: wrong, it's the workaround for Spell Shield then

Same for Spell Thrust, spwi321 ability casts 2 effects at power 3; of these, spwi321c effect has power 3.

I edited SW so that the spwi419c had power 0, keeping the 2 effects at 4 -> spell didn't work against a GoI, power level on the anti-SS is harmless.

I edited ST so that the SS workaround kept its power 3, but changed the 2 effects to power 0 -> spell effectively bypassed ( and dispelled ) MGoI, so that's where SCS2 causes the issue with globes.

Edit: Ninjaed.

Can I harmlessy change

WRITE_BYTE (offset+0x03) level // power level = spell level

with

WRITE_BYTE (offset+0x03) 0 // power level = spell level

?

Edit: It seems fine now.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Raj, Ardanis

I swear to Bhaal, one more embarrasment like that and I'm relieving myself of the 'modder' tag...
:) Geez that spell has been bugged for 10 years, that fix had to be painful.

[OT] What is Power Level used for? Globes, liches and similar immunities? Spell Trap?

It's actually being done by Ardanis' fix for Spell Shield. I don't particularly object to modifying the code so it reads in the actual power level, though.
Strangely, I'm sure that back then I had a good reason to read/write the power level...

Can I harmlessy change

WRITE_BYTE (offset+0x03) level // power level = spell level

with

WRITE_BYTE (offset+0x03) 0 // power level = spell level

Yes.

[OT] What is Power Level used for? Globes, liches and similar immunities? Spell Trap?
Also for depleting Spell Deflection/Turning. GoI lets through anything that passes the threshold, an SD/T reads for the 1st effect's PL (yes, having them going 3 first and 5 next depletes 3 'points', and if reversed - 5).

Just to be sure, in the end I don't necessarily have to do a thing for now, have I?

For completeness, if I understood correctly SCS now restores vanilla's non-AoE projectiles to ST, SW, RRoR and SS, without adjusting the descriptions (judging by Raj reports), and regardless what I do within SR. I thought to do this whole thing myself (with correct descriptions) within SR, wouldn't it be more simple?

Last but not least, SR's Secret Word works as Power Word spell (animation included), and thus it would be better if you don't re-enforce its vanilla's projectile.

Last but not least, SR's Secret Word works as Power Word spell (animation included), and thus it would be better if you don't re-enforce its vanilla's projectile.

I agree the pw animation looks better but if you don't add that line the spell has no effect at all within scs2; do you have any other idea for a distinctive projectile? Else, the spell has to play a 3d effect upon the target but that would require some other coding.

Just to be sure, in the end I don't necessarily have to do a thing for now, have I?

For completeness, if I understood correctly SCS now restores vanilla's non-AoE projectiles to ST, SW, RRoR and SS, without adjusting the descriptions (judging by Raj reports), and regardless what I do within SR. I thought to do this whole thing myself (with correct descriptions) within SR, wouldn't it be more simple?

Yep. But I didn't know when you'd next release. (The code in SCS that runs that restoration is skipped if SR v4 is installed, it only runs if v3 or earlier is installed.)

OK, in that case I'm cleverer than I think I am: that may well be the reason why I left SW off the list of modified spells.

I'm not sure if I can remove Taimon's Dispel fix from SR right now, simply because I'm not sure ToBEx does the same (probably yes, but I need to be sure). Does ToBEx allow to flag magically created items as not dispellable? need it to handle the whoel shapeshifting system amongst other things.

-----170 Configurable Magical Item Dispel Behaviour [C, M]

(Different implementation to, and overrides tob_hacks, Spell Revisions)

This hack perform two functions:

1. Modification to dispel effect opcode

Alows configuration of the dispelling of items in the magical weapon slot (SLOT_MISC19) by adding a high WORD (0xA)

Description

#58 (0x03A) Cure: Dispellable Effects (Dispel Magic) [58]

Parameter #1: Level

Parameter #2 (low WORD): Type

Parameter #2 (high WORD): Magical weapon dispel behaviour

Description:

Dispels magic from the targeted creature(s). Depending on the value of the 'Type' field, the 'Level' field can be used to set the level of the effect.

Known values for 'Type' are:

0 Always dispel

1 Use Caster Level

2 Use 'Level' field

Known values for 'Magical weapon dispel behaviour' are:

0 Always dispel

1 Do not dispel

2 Chance of dispel (target level is the higher of the effective mage or cleric level, whichever is higher)

With 'Type' of 1 or 2, the base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. This chance is modified by the relative levels of the dispeller to the target.

Each level below target gives a -10% chance, each level above target gives a +5% chance. There is always a 1% chance of success or failure.

2. Adds new bit 24 to the item flags 'Not dispellable in magical weapon slot'

Options:

-0: disabled

-1: enabled

Replying for v16's changelog:

Slightly esoteric compatibility fix: the "mage_smart_clones", "mage_alacrity" and "mage_make_timestop" macros no longer choke on spells with an extended header (thanks, Galactygon)

Thanks for fixing this, v17 installed just fine and works with all components of SpellPack installed.

-Galactygon

Here's a bug with HLAs as innates:

.cre files with memorized HLAs are not updated to list those HLAs as innates. I couldn't cast Globe of Blades with my Planetar because it was looking for instances of SPPR725 under the level 7 priest section.

-Galactygon

Guest nirraven

The bag oh holding you get when you install the component "items taken away in spellhold" seems messed up. It is full of basic items but can't put any armor, weapons and jewels in it, only some craft component and quest items like the coins you get in spellhold.

Here's a bug with HLAs as innates:

.cre files with memorized HLAs are not updated to list those HLAs as innates. I couldn't cast Globe of Blades with my Planetar because it was looking for instances of SPPR725 under the level 7 priest section.

-Galactygon

Thanks, will fix.

Guest nirraven
It's the same bag you normally get in Spellhold, SCS only fills it with extra items. Perhaps you have other mods installed, that change vanilla bags?

According to weidu --change-log bag04.sto the scsii component is the only one affecting this bag.

I have also made a clean (only fixpack +scsii) install. And the bag is only broken with this component installed.

It's the same bag you normally get in Spellhold, SCS only fills it with extra items. Perhaps you have other mods installed, that change vanilla bags?

According to weidu --change-log bag04.sto the scsii component is the only one affecting this bag.

I have also made a clean (only fixpack +scsii) install. And the bag is only broken with this component installed.

Which version of the "items taken in spellhold" component have you installed?

Guest nirraven

The recommended one.

Here is the weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers   and Stalkers: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v9.01
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v17
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode (recommended): v17
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7075 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold -> Normal mode (recommended): v17

With the last component installed, of course.

Archived