Version 17 released

DavidW

A few things I noticed when battling Illasera that could be done a little better:

- If I cast invisibility and run away, I'm pursued. When I'm reached, the mages start to cast some area effect disabling spells on themselves. However, I outrunned them easily, so they wasted some of their spells. I feel a range check of 20 is a bit too high; I'd go with a 5 or a 10 instead. I'd also check if the invisible .cre is hasted or not (realistically, they'd know) before attempting their spells.

- I was able to draw away the Black Reavers one by one with invisibility+running around combo. Their attacks weren't coordinated very well.

Here's an idea for grouped enemies: increase their visual range to something like 40 or 50; the hardcoded limit is in fact much higher than the default visual range. It's just that the fog of war clearing is hardcoded to something like a 30 yard radius. This could make up for that the player can coordinate and see what all 6 party members are doing.

-Galactygon

Here's an idea for grouped enemies: increase their visual range to something like 40 or 50; the hardcoded limit is in fact much higher than the default visual range. It's just that the fog of war clearing is hardcoded to something like a 30 yard radius. This could make up for that the player can coordinate and see what all 6 party members are doing.

amazing. i'd like to go ahead and give every non-party member in bg2 this ability.

STATS.IDS

147 VISUALRANGE

The current visual range of the creature (i.e. the field of vision which clears the fog of war) and the script activation radius (how far aay the creature be 'seen' by the AI). The default value is 14. The Blindness effect sets this value to 2. Visual range is is limited 0-15, script activation range is limited 0-24.

are all the AI's now at the default 14, or the script max of 24 and we can go higher?

Guest geg_Ma3gau

A chaotic evil fighter/cleric 6/7 orc multiclass does not have unholy blight(lvl 3) in his spellbook. Not that it will change gameplay much but still.

A chaotic evil fighter/cleric 6/7 orc multiclass does not have unholy blight(lvl 3) in his spellbook. Not that it will change gameplay much but still.

I'm not saying that isn't SCSII's fault... but why do you think it's the cause?

assertion failed! return address: 0x9ccad1 File: ChvidImage.cpp Line: 1910 Expression: !((dwflags & CVIDIMG_TRANSLUCENT) && (dwFlags & CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST)) Message: (null)

I'm getting this message on the ToBEx console ( with subsequent CTD ) when fighting the group of vampires in Firkraag's dungeon.

assertion failed! return address: 0x9ccad1 File: ChvidImage.cpp Line: 1910 Expression: !((dwflags & CVIDIMG_TRANSLUCENT) && (dwFlags & CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST)) Message: (null)

I'm getting this message on the ToBEx console ( with subsequent CTD ) when fighting the group of vampires in Firkraag's dungeon.

Can you confirm you're only using the version of ToBEx that ships with SCS (v19) and not some more recent version?

Can you confirm you're only using the version of ToBEx that ships with SCS (v19) and not some more recent version?

Would that create a problem?

No, damn it. Using the latest beta20 atm, because it has more fixes than bugs :).

Anyway, after going some times through that encounter I manage to pass it without crashes ( killing things faster helped ).

No, damn it. Using the latest beta20 atm, because it has more fixes than bugs :).

OK, not my problem then :)

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Hi again. I encountered yuan-ti mage and i cant spell thrust it while it s in improved invisibility(it says you cant target invisible enemy etc etc). (( I used the new option for anti magic spells during install: allow all antimagic ignore invisibility, but target 1 enemy (no aoe). I have only official patch, xp cap remove, bonus merchants, bg 2 fixpack (g3), dungeon be gone and SCS II installed.

Btw, awesome addition of "treat caster HLAs like innate abilities". It will make casters more balanced ( only 1 alacrity and planetar per rest).

Hi again. I encountered yuan-ti mage and i cant spell thrust it while it s in improved invisibility(it says you cant target invisible enemy etc etc). (( I used the new option for anti magic spells during install: allow all antimagic ignore invisibility, but target 1 enemy (no aoe). I have only official patch, xp cap remove, bonus merchants, bg 2 fixpack (g3), dungeon be gone and SCS II installed.

Try this:

- run ToB in windowed mode

- as well as the Baldur's Gate window opening, an extra window - a black rectangle called "ToBEx console" or somesuch - should appear. Does it?

(This won't solve your bug, I'm just trying to identify it. If you know what ToBEx is, all I'm checking is whether it's running correctly.)

Btw, awesome addition of "treat caster HLAs like innate abilities". It will make casters more balanced ( only 1 alacrity and planetar per rest).

Thanks. It wasn't my idea originally - it came from the SR discussions. Originally the discussion was whether casters should be able to take multiple iterations of HLA spells as innate, which I thought was dangerously unbalanced. Ardanis suggested restricting to one use of each, which I thought would be interesting.

Archived