Version 17 released

DavidW

No, the 2nd window doesnt appear.

Then ToBEx didn't install correctly. I don't know why not (I assume you didn't have BG2 open while installing?)

You could try reinstalling SCSII (the part that didn't work was in the Initialise component). If that doesn't work, then edit scsii/scsii.ini, add the line

Disable_ToBEx 1

and reinstall.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Oh i get where is the error now. My cd installation of BG 2 ToB somehow doesnt recognize a disc in disc drive and asks for disc so i can only run with no cd exe file. With my original exe i get the ToBex window running, but it asks for cd in drive (it is there but it doesnt recognize), with no cd exe file i have no ToBex but it runs the game but the mod doesnt work fully (lkike that antimagic vs invis issue). I dont know how to solve it.

I never tried running vanilla BG 2 from my cd maybe it works fine, but i want SCS II installed.

OK, in that case unless you want to fork out $10 for a GOG copy of BG2, you'll have to cope without ToBEx. Put

Disable_ToBEx 1

at the bottom of scsii/scsii.ini, and then reinstall SCSII. Everything will still work, it's just that one or two things will be a bit less smooth.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

The installer refuses to install the antimagic vs invisibility componend when Disable_ToBex 1 is in ini file. It says : "Error: Not found, send email etc etc". All other components seem to install well when tob ex is turned off. Well idont remember exactly, maybe some other components also bugged but the fact is : Disable_ToBex 1 installation doesnt work for all components on my machine.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

In the scs debug file i found the first place where error occurs: it says while installing this component:

Copied [misc01.itm] to [override/dw#antimagicII_BG2_0.mrk]

ERROR: cannot convert 0Disable_ToBEx or %0Disable_ToBEx% to an integer

Stopping installation because of error.

In the scs debug file i found the first place where error occurs: it says while installing this component:

Copied [misc01.itm] to [override/dw#antimagicII_BG2_0.mrk]

ERROR: cannot convert 0Disable_ToBEx or %0Disable_ToBEx% to an integer

I think you've entered the instruction wrongly. The "Disable_ToBEx 0" command has to be on a new line. (NB, some text editors - possibly including Notepad - tend to hide line breaks, so it might look as if all the commands can be on the same line. They can't.)

If you're struggling, feel free to delete all the existing entries in scsii.ini - they're all default settings anyway.

Archived