SCS(II) and ToBEx

SCS and SCSII, as of v17, take advantage of Ascension64's "Throne of Bhaal Extender" (ToBEx), which is a sophisticated program for fixing some problems with the Infinity Engine and adding a bit of improved capability.

ToBEx installation is handled automatically by SCS(II). You don't need to install ToBEx separately. (If you already have an up-to-date version of ToBEx installed, SCS(II) will just skip installing it.)

In other words, if you don't even know what ToBEx is, don't worry about it. You don't need to do anything, it all gets dealt with behind the scenes.

If for some reason you don't want to have SCSII make use of ToBEx, edit scs/scs.ini or scsii/scsii.ini (as appropriate) and add this line:

Disable_ToBEx 1

SCS(II) will then attempt to do some backup hacking of the BGMAIN.EXE file to make up for the lack of ToBEx. If you don't want that either, add this line:

Disable_Hacks_If_ToBEx_Skipped 1

Nothing catastrophic will happen if you don't use ToBEx (or the hacks), but some features of the mod will work less smoothly. (Dispel Magic will be too effective; Mirror Image will provide protection from area-effect magic; antimagic spells will only imperfectly target invisible creatures; mages' concentration will be slightly too easy to disrupt.)

ToBEx installation is handled automatically by SCS(II). You don't need to install ToBEx separately. (If you already have an up-to-date version of ToBEx installed, SCS(II) will just skip installing it.)

What if I want to install some of the optional components from ToBEx? Up to which beta version of ToBEx is SCS2 installing all of the core components?

Edited by Raj

What if I want to install some of the optional components from ToBEx?

Then you'll need to install ToBEx itself. (Technically you could just edit the relevant .ini file, but that's probably a recipe for trouble unless you know what you're doing.

Up to which beta version of ToBEx is SCS2 installing all of the core components?

19. (But if you have a newer version, SCS2 won't overwrite it.)

Up to which beta version of ToBEx is SCS2 installing all of the core components?

assertion failed in CRuleTables.cpp at line number 5655

Quick test, quick crash.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Disable Experience Boost: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #110 // Disable Force Inventory Pause: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #114 // Rest Spawns Advance Time: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0020

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v17

assertion failed in CRuleTables.cpp at line number 5655

Quick test, quick crash.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Disable Experience Boost: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #110 // Disable Force Inventory Pause: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #114 // Rest Spawns Advance Time: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0020

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0020

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v17

That's a WEAPPROF.2DA did not contain a matching weapon proficiency ID.

Need more information on what you were doing, etc...

That's a WEAPPROF.2DA did not contain a matching weapon proficiency ID.

Need more information on what you were doing, etc...

I installed those things, clicked on ''play'', skipped the trailers, clicked on ''play tob'', got the error while loading a game, crashed.

I installed those things, clicked on ''play'', skipped the trailers, clicked on ''play tob'', got the error while loading a game, crashed.
What game were you loading? If this is a saved game, can you attach a zip of the saved game folder? If a new game, SoA or ToB?

It was a fresh install of SoA+ToB; I never reached the point of loading a save: just after the trailers and after clicking on one of the two icons that make you start a game ''Play ToB with the new areas and the Watcher Keep blah blah'' I had the red error message on the ToBEx console, then a window popped out with the error I copy/pasted and a ''ok'' button. Can't do anything else but clicking on that button, and that closes the executable.

Beta 19 is compatible, beta 20 is not.

Edited by Raj
It was a fresh install of SoA+ToB; I never reached the point of loading a save: just after the trailers and after clicking on one of the two icons that make you start a game ''Play ToB with the new areas and the Watcher Keep blah blah'' I had the red error message on the ToBEx console, then a window popped out with the error I copy/pasted and a ''ok'' button. Can't do anything else but clicking on that button, and that closes the executable.

Ah, looks like Detectable Spells/TobEx issue here, since profs 108-110 are not in WEAPPROF.2DA. Edit TobEx_ini/TobExCore.ini and toggle 'Proficiency Modifier Mod' to 0.

Not a SCS issue, and yeah, you are using a public test release of TobEx. Thanks for find.

Edited by Ascension64

Hello,

Will there be issues if I install ToBEx v20 (just the core component) over SCSII? I did this to fix a bug with backstab immunity not working, but if some more serious errors are introduced I would prefer to revert.

Guest Roboghost

Ah, looks like Detectable Spells/TobEx issue here, since profs 108-110 are not in WEAPPROF.2DA. Edit TobEx_ini/TobExCore.ini and toggle 'Proficiency Modifier Mod' to 0.

Not a SCS issue, and yeah, you are using a public test release of TobEx. Thanks for find.

Can we just add BLACKJACK 108, GUN 109 and MARTIALARTS 110 to WEAPROF.2DA to keep the bug down instead or would that create more bugs in itself? Thanks if you you reply :laugh:

Question. I installed this mod to check it out (seemed cool), but it made the game slower than I wanted, so I uninstalled the AI components. Eventually though I ended up seeing all these weird glitches I had never seen before (even with my typical list of mods installed, which have never caused these issues). Mostly, enemies will rise up from the dead (without their gear, since it's now on the ground) and attack me, but won't die, or even have a red marker beneath them. They'll eventually die when I turn off party AI, but it's pretty annoying regardless... since they still do damage. Imagine fighting dudes that keep coming back to pester you after you've moved onto other baddies. Anyway, sometimes the party AI won't work either. That isn't as frequent, but still, I've never encountered that issue before. Also, the guy who gives you that Unseeing Eye quest, the Helm dude, there were two of him for some reason.

I assumed this might be because I installed this mod, then uninstalled it, so there might be some lingering conflcits or something. I don't know.

I like a lot of the other non-AI mods though (like the 100,000 gold to hire the Shadow Thieves), so I was wondering if those other mods would still work well without the whole TOBex thing installed, or those Hacks mentioned, because I have a feeling that is what was screwing over my game (and my uninstalltion, reinstillation and so on), since this has never happened before.