What resolution do you play

Valiant

Guest Guest
1140*900 seems to be the best compromise on a 1920*1080 monitor for me .

I have a monitor with 1920*1080 native resolution, but that 1140*900 setting seems to disagree with it...the game never loads up with it.

Any idea what's different/wrong?

Guest Guest

I'll explain my problem further: the thing is, when I choose a bigger resolution, say 1280x800, I notice the game UI bars automatically resize to fit the whole screen, but the lower bar (the one where dialogues are displayed) doesn't. Right of it is a black area that ends where the party bar is. Perhaps that's because of the resolution I use? (My screen is 17" in 16:9) Could trying another resolution solve the problem? Thanks a lot for any reply I will get.

Guest Guest
I'll explain my problem further: the thing is, when I choose a bigger resolution, say 1280x800, I notice the game UI bars automatically resize to fit the whole screen, but the lower bar (the one where dialogues are displayed) doesn't. Right of it is a black area that ends where the party bar is. Perhaps that's because of the resolution I use? (My screen is 17" in 16:9) Could trying another resolution solve the problem? Thanks a lot for any reply I will get.

Just forgot to say... the game is BG:TotSC (italian version, updated to the last release).

I use 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor. The text is no problem with the addition of the larger font that is on the Tales of the Sword Coast disk in the fonts folder. Just copy the normal.bam file to the overrides folder and viola, larger font. I have tried it in BG, BGII, and BGTutu ala EasyTutu. ;)

To avoid black bars or a narrow dialog area, you need to install this additional GUI mod after Widescreen. Since it supports only a few resolutions, you need to install Widescreen with one of the supported resolution.

You'll see a few examples of the GUI changes if you read the forum topic the mod can be downloaded from.

Ouuuups, mistake sorry! It's 1440*900.

This seems a bad choice.

1920x1080 is 16/9 (Full HD).

1440x900 is 16/10.

If you wish to use a lower resolution from the Full HD 1920x1080, I would suggest 1366x768 instead, which is the lower Full HD resolution.

I am trying this mod now, did not notice any problems. What I like is that it gives you a very large view around your party. However, on a 23" 1920x1080 monitor, everything is so tiny that it almost hurts my eyes !

I don't know if I'll continue to use it, or go back to windowed mode, or maybe just play in 800x600 with fixed-aspect ratio (this reminds of BG I, and I kind of like it, even though it looks much less crisp)

Archived