Khalid mod for BG II

Zireael07

Zi is doing her best at it too - the thing is that the bug is so strange we have no idea what to do about it. I have one idea, but I doubt it can solve the purpose. We'll see, but we need Zi back first ;)

don't rush him!

Her (if you mean Zi ;))

The thing is that Zi is probably busy - this month is a time of exams at the Uni.

Zi is doing her best at it too - the thing is that the bug is so strange we have no idea what to do about it. I have one idea, but I doubt it can solve the purpose. We'll see, but we need Zi back first tongue.gif

The latest idea we had (both on CoB and here) was to retraify the PIDs. I'll try it after the exam session. Lava is right about that. So (if everything goes right and no more bugs are found) Khalid should come out finally 2 weeks from now.

Sorry for the delay, but I can't help the fact that there's exams at the uni.

Interesting mod, and fast progress. I have pondered a Khalid mod, but in my version he would replace Jaheira entirely. Would be interesting to see your version with both Khalid and Jaheira alive. Many characters comment on the loss of Khalid, though, including mod NPC's. I wonder how you will work that out.

Mod NPC: Hey Jaheira, how are you feeling...y'know, with Khalid...um...having passed on and all...

Khalid: W-What? I-I'm right here.

And as request: Please add the English Khalid soundset for the English language version. For all players who can't speak Polish and do not use the Polish version.

1) When you run into something you don't understand, comment everything else out and run only the bugged part of code. In this case, that's trying to compile bzikh25.d

2) Play along until it compiles, like, try to comment out errored entries - 20, 31, 34, etc.

3) Once it works, check the file in editor, and see that the text is woefully wrong, using the default KHALID.TRA

4) Take a notice that it does in fact misses all those lines from 2)

5) And since auto-traifying apparently didn't work, check the only place where it is being referenced - the AUTO_TRA command

6) The khalid/khalid.tp2

AUTO_TRA ~Khalid\tra~

It misses /%s

AUTO_TRA ~Khalid\tra\%s~

Archived