Version 18 released

DavidW

Version 18 of SCSII is now out. This is a fairly minor release - it adds a German translation, sorts out an issue with Linux, and fixes two or three bugs and compatibility glitches.

Changelog:

New or heavily modified content

Updated German translation

Minor tweaks, optimisations, and additions

Updated to WEIDU v229

Bugfixes

The fix to Spell Shield no longer changes the power level of antimagic spells (this was slightly reducing the effectiveness of Spell Thrust and (on an SR install) Secret Word)

Linux and OSX users should now be able to install Smarter Mages and Smarter Priests

"make HLAs innate" now updates the spellbooks of existing characters

Help scripts no longer cause party-charmed creatures to return to being hostile (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Thanks to Galactygon, fixed the bug where antimagic didn't work properly for people playing without ToBEx (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Thanks to TheBigg, non-Windows users playing on a Windows emulator still get ToBEx (silent fix, 24 hrs after release)

Compatibility fixes

Fixed a problem whereby certain combinations of mods were leading to situations where some nabassus were nearly invulnerable.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

The mod installed correctly (without ToBex) but i get the same problem as someone posted in v17 feedback topic: spell thrust and secret word(i have only them atm) can target any location or creature but they just dont work : there is not even an animation of them working( the particle flies but when it lands where it is supposed to dispel it just disappears.

I have new option of antimagic attacks installed: any enemy can be targeted even in invisibilitu supposedly.

The mod installed correctly (without ToBex) but i get the same problem as someone posted in v17 feedback topic: spell thrust and secret word(i have only them atm) can target any location or creature but they just dont work : there is not even an animation of them working( the particle flies but when it lands where it is supposed to dispel it just disappears.

I have new option of antimagic attacks installed: any enemy can be targeted even in invisibilitu supposedly.

I can reproduce this but I don't understand it. I'll get back to you when I do; until then, all I can suggest (assuming you're still unable to use ToBEx for whatever reason) is that you use one of the older area-effect-based antimagic choices.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

I also encountered a lot of bugs with charm/domination spells: an enemy sometimes is dominated normally, some enemies get dominated for half second ( green circle becomes red again after half second for no apparent reason), some enemies get the message of being dominated, but are actually still hostile (an example is the guy, cleric supposedly, from party where player can get celestial fury katana - guarded compound).

I also encountered a lot of bugs with charm/domination spells: an enemy sometimes is dominated normally, some enemies get dominated for half second ( green circle becomes red again after half second for no apparent reason), some enemies get the message of being dominated, but are actually still hostile (an example is the guy, cleric supposedly, from party where player can get celestial fury katana - guarded compound).

I have uploaded a new version of SCSII (still version 18 - this is a "silent update") which hopefully fixes both this problem and the problem you've been having with Spell Thrust et al.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Ok ill test it again. Btw the guy from CF party was ok, he was weari ng helmet of charm prot xD. Will test domination on others.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Only thing that bothers me now is that i experience regular crashes. Maybe 1nce a day. Again, im using a non ToBex version, win 7 64 bit.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

I have a question about the new antimagic vs invisibility work.

Say, a mage goes improved invisible and spell immunity: abjuration and divination. I need to spell thrust him(secret word, pierce magic etc will work too) to get rid of spell immunities to be able to use true seeing and break his invisibility. Then i will be able to breach his prot from magic weapons and kill him with melee. With the new option i can only start antimagic attacks on him after he cast at least 1 hostile spell: he needs to become half visible (still invisible but transparent at least so i can see his body), right( so i can target him and the script works properly: antimagics have no aoe now)?

Do enemy mages follow the same rules or they can start antimagic attacks right after i go imp invisible and spell immunity abj and div? Or they can start antimagic attacks only after i cast at least 1 hostile spell and become half visible?

I have a question about the new antimagic vs invisibility work.

Say, a mage goes improved invisible and spell immunity: abjuration and divination. I need to spell thrust him(secret word, pierce magic etc will work too) to get rid of spell immunities to be able to use true seeing and break his invisibility. Then i will be able to breach his prot from magic weapons and kill him with melee. With the new option i can only start antimagic attacks on him after he cast at least 1 hostile spell: he needs to become half visible (still invisible but transparent at least so i can see his body), right( so i can target him and the script works properly: antimagics have no aoe now)?

Do enemy mages follow the same rules or they can start antimagic attacks right after i go imp invisible and spell immunity abj and div? Or they can start antimagic attacks only after i cast at least 1 hostile spell and become half visible?

They follow the same rules.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Cool i ve tested it now and they do. shame there are crashes, i m pretty worried about that because i ve got new pc and dont want it to break :)

Cool i ve tested it now and they do. shame there are crashes, i m pretty worried about that because i ve got new pc and dont want it to break :)

I would be fairly surprised if the crashes are anything to do with SCS. (Also, I'd be very surprised if running a program - crashes or no crashes - could do any damage to your PC.)

Hello there. First of all thank you for SCS and SCSII DavidW, they are making replaying BG1&2 so much more fun than I ever thought it could be :) I think I've found a minor bug and hope it is useful to report it here: the improved shapeshifting component seems to stop block 'normal' shapeshifting abilities - at least for Jaheira anyway. I have tested v18 with a small set of mods (ascension, fixpack, item_rev+hotfixes, spell_rev+hotfixes and scsii v18) and can reproduce this consistently.

Hello there. First of all thank you for SCS and SCSII DavidW, they are making replaying BG1&2 so much more fun than I ever thought it could be :) I think I've found a minor bug and hope it is useful to report it here: the improved shapeshifting component seems to stop block 'normal' shapeshifting abilities - at least for Jaheira anyway. I have tested v18 with a small set of mods (ascension, fixpack, item_rev+hotfixes, spell_rev+hotfixes and scsii v18) and can reproduce this consistently.

That's intentional. Improved shapeshifting is supposed to replace standard shapeshifting, not supplement it.

Archived