improved vampires drink blood ability

I woudn't be against it if there was a way ( restoration? heal? cure disease? ) to remove the ability drain but afaik there's no way to get rid of it.

Is it enough to edit the 3 duration istances ( two times [WRITE_LONG 0xe+~eff_off~ 3000 // duration] and a [duration=3000] ) in the vampire.tph -> // blood-draining attacks?

You can also change the opcode from 10 to 78, and damage from negative to positive if you want it to be cured by cure disease spell.

Change "WRITE_LONG 0x8+~eff_off~ 0" to "WRITE_LONG 0x8+~eff_off~ 6" for the (disease) drain to be applied as constitution penalty.

Just a suggestion to DavidW, for the mesmerism ability of vampires short duration feeblemind seems more appropriate than stun, as hypnotism isn't really like being stunned, and stun is an overused effect.

I'm playing with the new Improved Vampires component for the first time and I really like it. The new abilities make the fights more varied and interesting and "drink blood" is actually quite balanced. Level Drain was much stronger in comparison. The only minor drawback is that it lasts way too long.

Also, a possible bug: the Courtesans in the Tankard Tree in Saradush shapeshift and hide themselves, making it impossible to talk to them to get to the Prison.

Guest Guest

Erm. Encountered some problems with this. Got to the Firkraag dungeon, up against the vampires there, and the game keeps crashing consistently.

And yes, I'm certain it is the vampires causing it. It doesn't crash until I go into the area where they are hiding.

I can't see them, because they're "in the mist" or something, so I can't CRTL-Y to remove them and move on. By the time I CAN see it, the game crashes.

I want to uninstall the component, but I can't work out how to do that either, because the setup thing is a "tp2" file and... I have no idea what that is.

Can someone just help me get this thing off my game, please.

Guest geuse

I've had the same problem along with at least two others I think. Don't know how to help you uninstall, there should be a .exe in your bg2 folder called setup scsii or something I think? If you find it you can go through the components and just remove the "Improved Vampires" in the same manner as when you installed it.

Guest Guest
I've had the same problem along with at least two others I think. Don't know how to help you uninstall, there should be a .exe in your bg2 folder called setup scsii or something I think? If you find it you can go through the components and just remove the "Improved Vampires" in the same manner as when you installed it.

Yeah. Like I said, the setup file is a "tp2" type file. So I can't run it.

It installed as part of the Big World Project though, so I didn't go through the component selection process thing.

I think the component would be more balanced if the vampire and its different shapeshift forms did different levels of damage. The wolf should do the most damage, since David said the wolf form gives a strength boost. The vampire should be next, then the rat (it does seem to have huge damage resistance, or at least it does in my install) and the bat (perhaps a large increase in AC to compensate representing its flight, assuming there isn't one already) should do much less. After all, rats and bats have smaller jaws etc than wolves, so less damage would be logical.

Archived