Ilyich attacking just charmed foes and using ranged

I'm doing a fresh playthrough now and want to report any anomalies. The first I have encountered is the Ilyich battle with scsII improved chateau irenicus (but without slighty improved Ilyich or any other Ilyich mods). Ilyich himself is not behaving very intelligently. His mage is successfully charming my party members but then Ilyich immediately attacks them and de-charms them. He was also using his sling instead of his melee weapon. So he was having trouble hitting anyone and obviously sling stones don't do much damage even when they do hit. This behavior may have something to do with the fact that Imoen had just cast web in the room, although Ilyich himself was not only not caught by it but was not even in the area of effect. His AI seemed to act like he was caught in the web. Just standing in one place and throwing sling stones. Due to this he was actually easier to kill then the rest of his band of merry men. This attacking of a just charmed foe is in contrast to the opposite sort of behavior that I recall from my last playthrough in level 5 of Watchers Keep. In the uber-mage+priests battle (from unlocking the east seal pedestal) the mage was spamming charm spells seemingly without limit and when he did charm someone the priests would just stand there if the charmed character was not near the rest of the party. I did have other mods installed in the playthrough like d0questpack I think. So it's hard to say where that leave-charmed-characters-alone behavior came from. I do think that Ilyich was already attacking the soon-to-be-charmed party member before he was charmed. So it may just have been a problem with changing the attack mode soon enough. Although I think it took more than one throw before the character was actually hit with the sling stone and de-charmed. My weidu log is the same as from my last post about the harm spell.

Archived