Sanctuary

Guest Jeff

Sanctuary seems to be treated differently than invisibility by SCS II scripts.

1. With ease of use script, characters under sanctuary will still attack and break invisibility.

2. Monsters are very likely to chase characters under sanctuary (this happens with invisibility fairly often, but it seems to happen even more with Sanctuary).

Sanctuary seems to be treated differently than invisibility by SCS II scripts.

1. With ease of use script, characters under sanctuary will still attack and break invisibility.

2. Monsters are very likely to chase characters under sanctuary (this happens with invisibility fairly often, but it seems to happen even more with Sanctuary).

I've noticed this too--very annoying.

Guest Thailog
Monsters are very likely to chase characters under sanctuary (this happens with invisibility fairly often, but it seems to happen even more with Sanctuary).

I can confirm this as well.

At one point in my playthrough, all of my party members were dead, except for the main char. He was fighting thieves who were using invisibility potions, so he chugged one too hoping that it would allow him to escape. However, as he tried move away he got completely surrounded by the enemies, despite being invisible.

As far as your second point, I've also noticed the enemies following invisible party members problem. Although I think that only happens when you are visible and in their line of sight initially and then disappear after they start tracking you. I don't recall it happening as soon as my party walks into a room while invisible. Is David aware of this problem in general? I haven't noticed sanctuary being worse. I'll look for that. In the temple ruins I was able to lure some shadows to the gem room for incineration while remaining invisible and at one point a character was completely surrounded by shadows while remaining invisible the entire time. I haven't noticed your first point because I like micromanaging my characters in BG2. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Guest Guest

This has been bought up before and I'm sure David has acknowledged it in the past too. That was some versions ago though, and he said he had somewhat remedied the problem?

Anyways, I haven't played in some time, but yes this is one small gripe I do have about an otherwise great mod. This behaviour does not happen in the normal game. Perhaps the enemies ought to have a check every now and then to automatically 'notice' a character is under such an effect and if they do not have innate invis seeing, true seeing etc, to just back off; stay still; pick another target, etc. I'm sure you know this, and while it sounds easy in theory perhaps it is just not feasible to acutally code up into a workable solution.

My experience was with invis btw, never used sanctuary much. Was back in version 12 or so at the latest.

As far as your second point, I've also noticed the enemies following invisible party members problem. Although I think that only happens when you are visible and in their line of sight initially and then disappear after they start tracking you. I don't recall it happening as soon as my party walks into a room while invisible. Is David aware of this problem in general? I haven't noticed sanctuary being worse.

Example of sanctuary being worse:

Cast Sanctuary and cross from docks to bridge district, generating the Suna Seni ambush. I move away from the group and Suna Seni alone follows me around while I'm under Sanctuary. This doesn't happen with invisibility.

This is different from the invisible tracking problem where monsters follow you around after noticing you.

Archived