V6 reports

Redid the main cavern (AR8001). The fire salamanders have a "death gaze" that creates a "Hold" if not saved against, and some of them don't. Since it happens off-screen I can't tell who or what is Held, though I suspect the salamanders themselves. Many attack with "barely injured" health.

As for Seth's thieves, they're invisible until he commands the attack. Then they become visible (no hide in shadows effect), but cannot be attacked until they "break" the hide. It's also the same in Marketh's palace. Effect glitch? In vanilla they may appear momentarily then disappear until they attack. They also seem to have fanatical morale, since they don't flee even when most of them are dead at your feet. In vanilla when five or six are killed the rest near the palace entrance flee. At least the ones along the cavern's north wall aren't frozen there now.

Now on to the Artisan District.

Finished the Artisan District/Malavon's Dome. Only one problem found: Malavon failed to appear after the four Umber Hulks, both Iron Golems and Malavon's Simulacrum died.

The GLOBALs all set, but one was truncated. SPRITE_IS_DEADMALAVON'S_SIMULACRUM became SPRITE_IS_DEADMALAVON'S_SIMULACR. Another may be incorrect. SPRITE_IS_DEADMUMBER_HULK or SPRITE_IS_DEADUMBER_HULK?

The bug of saving and loading the save brought Malavon out and I was able to complete the area. Not the best option...

Took a couple of trips to Kuldahar (one via Severed Hand) to finish quests, sell stuff and resupply.

When Valestis (in Severed Hand) received three of the four items to restore the arboretum he says the work is done and vanishes. He should not leave until receiving all four (water, seeds, birds, squirrels).

Each time I returned I was attacked by eight thieves, and four salamanders were prowling about. There are no respawns in vanilla. I like the idea, but only until Seth and Shikata are dead.

Finally, it looks like the smoke from the chimneys and crystal light source glows are not transparent/translucent.

Hey, I started my game but didn't get very far before RL stuff hit. I didn't get very far(little bit into 1st trip to Kuldahar) but I followed everything in Dan Simpson's guide and wrote down any differences or perceived differences(to a nitpicky level). Not sure if I'll be able to continue the playthrough anytime soon so I'm posting this now.

Bugs:

1. Many mismatched item descriptions. (using BG2 Weapon proficiencies w/ weapon styles)

2. In Easthaven(AR1000) at the start of the game, the Quest NPC 'Jhonen' is labelled as a 'Townsperson'

3. In AR1201 at x450 y660 the random item is missing from the chest.

4. In AR2102 Orrick is mislabelled as a 'Robed Man' and sells 2 invisible items for 0GP. These items have no icon, are not stackable, and can not be removed from inventory once they are there.

5. In AR2100 Mirek is mislabelled as 'Frightened Townsperson'

Suggestions:

1. I would like to be able to choose between the BG2 and IWD UIs, in a tweakpack type thing maybe?

@ Veszerin - Thanks for the input. Just remember. This is a hobby. Play when you can, but RL always comes first.

Finished Lower Dorn's, except for Ascension Cave. The only items of note are the Bladed Skeletons, and the spheres surrounding and protecting the priests. The skeletons must have a "call" that didn't work in vanilla, but that's fine (it just makes them more challenging). The spheres surrounding the priests, however, appeared to vanish before the idol was destroyed. Whether the priests are still protected I don't know. I didn't test it. Everything else worked fine.

I have a save at this point. I'll finish the basic game, then return to this save and begin a run through Heart of Winter.

Finished the Return to Easthaven portion. Everything worked great -- except Pomab.

I started hitting the false P's to find the real one, only they didn't disappear or dispel one at a time to reveal him. When I did find the real P, the false P's all stopped moving. I got P to "barely injured," but no further until each false P was the same stated. I was then able to get P to "injured," but the false P's and P himself would go no further. After well over 400hp damage, and chasing him up and down the ladder to the Crenshinibon room, I finally ended it with CTRL+Y. The Cryshal Sentries died, but I had to CTRL+Y the false P's.

I think it safe to say this battle needs to be looked into.

The only other problem was when the game finished and returned to the main menu. My curser disappeared so I had to close the game from the desktop.

With that done, it's on to the expansions.

I've arrived on the Burial Isle with two items of note. In the dialog with Wylfdene you should get 84,000xp (14,000 per) when you tell him you know nothing of the assassin sent by the Ten Towns council. The second is that Edion's Ring of Wizardry doesn't double my mage's 5th level spells.

On another note, some pickpocketing needs to be fixed.

- Orrick has an additional potion of absorption, wand of polymorphing and dagger +2 that should not be attainable.

- Oswald Fiddlebender has an additional oil of fiery burning, explosions and fire resistance.

- All the Purvis' have an additional potion of extra healing and short sword of backstabbing.

Arundel is fine. I have not checked Everard, Vera or Kieren Nye.

@ lynx: No argument there, but v5 seemed to work. This one is unwinnable.

Finished the surface of Burial Isle.

First thing I noticed is that the Ghost Shamen don't cast anything before attacking.

The second thing was that, before the first battle was finished I was attacked by the Spirit Wolves, Spirit Black Bears and the Spirit Polar Bear - while still near Ned and the boat. The wolves and black bears should not appear until summoned by the Spirit Polar Bear, and it should remain near the rock in the circle of stones.

Third, when the Spirit Polar Bear attacked, it had no roar, it's most dangerous attack.

Sorry for the delay, but RL set in these last few weeks. But I'm back now.

From the Isle of the Dead:

Some Barrow Wights move at normal speed, some properly fast. Some Drowned Dead move at normal speed, some properly slow, i.e. their speeds were inconsistent.

Lonelywood:

I returned at night. The Greater Werewolf is not immune to normal weapons, and after he fled there was no dialog option with Kieren. I'll have to check the second, but I had the understanding there should be one.

No XP was given for getting Emmerich to realize he was the GWW killing the poachers. I played the return to Lonelywood a second time and I did.

I also notice there was no Hobart in the Whistling Gallows, so I restarted HoW to verify. He's missing right from the start.

Gloomfrost:

No problems noted except several encounters seemed out of place compared to vanilla. It'd be interesting if those encounters constantly changed with each play.

Now on to the Seer's caves.

Finally finished with the Gloomfrost. The only item of note was that the Ice Golems had small foot circles, not large. Makes for some nasty combats when three and four can gang up on one fighter, and narrow passages won't choke their advance...

Great work Grogerson, when DavidW comes back and these issues are addressed - naturally after he's gone bananas over the pile of cumulated bug reports that's stacked up in his mods - I'm so playing this :)

(I "recently" started playing IWD and made it to the 5-6 chapter, I think, when this mod came out, and I immediately abandoned it because I thought I'd make the jump straight away. Silly me!)

The only item of note was that the Ice Golems had small foot circles, not large. Makes for some nasty combats when three and four can gang up on one fighter, and narrow passages won't choke their advance...
Foot circles are hardcoded to animation "slot" (.bam prefix) in the BG2 engine. Not sure which these animations are, but should be fixable by moving them to a large circle slot (Infinity Animations has some documentation on this).

Finished with the Barbarian Camp. It seems Angaar is at the Great Mead Hall instead of at the main gate. CLUA'd him in so I could finish with not-Wyldene and during the battle that followed I saw him returning to his place at the gate.

Returned to Lonelywood to deal with Purvis, but the final assassin version just outside the mayor's house seems to have a corrupted animation. I get a CTD a few moments after leaving the house, when he's supposed to reveal himself. Unless I MoveToArea, this effectively stops my game. Anyone willing to tell this coding idiot what to do to fix the animation?

Archived