V6 reports

Okay, I've looked over the Pervis .cre's and found they're all the same, including the animation, so it's unlikely the animation. I don't see the Sprite_is_Dead for Purvis, so I don't think I've killed him (though it's possible if I restored from a save within Lonelywood, but Vaarglan and Co. haven't shown up). This leaves me thinking it's a possible script problem.

I replayed from leaving the Barbarian Camp and went to the Whistling Gallows to see if I could get the Vaarglan encounter, which I did. Gathered up all their equipment and punched the Map view icon instead of the Return icon, and got a CTD.

I'll try again later and see if I can get Purvis after dealing with Vaarglan...

Edit: Wow! My 500th post! So much for persistence and stupidity :) .

Finished Lonelywood (except for Purvis7.cre - still getting CTD). Had to CLUA Hobart into the Whistling Gallows (after getting there via MoveToArea), where I have a save to go back to later. Now it's on to the Sea of Moving Ice and Icasaracht.

Finished AR9600, 9601 and 9602, the surface and the first two levels of the Sea of Moving Ice. The exit from 9601 to 9600 is a bit difficult to find, but does exist (might need some tweaking...).

I did note one thing. My primary character is a paladin wearing the Vexed Armor. Once he began to be attacked by undead (Ice, Cold and Frozen Bones), he was virtually immune to damage. This should not be so, since most carry weapons.

Finally finished the Heart of Winter portion.

No problems were encountered in the Sahuagin Temple, and the battle with Icasaracht and support went well except for the cut-scene where her soul transfers to the gem, which did not happen or happened so fast as to be unnoticed.

The gem failed to summon the Vodyanoi that made resting impossible and left little time for healing before arriving.

The Heart of Winter end movie failed to run when I left Icasaracht's lair.

Now it's time to check Trials of the Luremaster.

Started Trials of the Luremaster and have cleared the courtyard and the four upper floors of the towers.

When I returned to the save at the Whistling Gallows, I had two Hobarts (the one I created previously and the original)...

The rhino beetle neither moved nor attacked when revealed.

Criek of Bane fired off both Dispel Magic and Defensive Harmony after the dialog as if using a Contingency. This while hit with two Fireballs, an arrow and two bullets. He could not be disrupted...

The stairways in the towers and the Chapel of Helm can be used even before being properly opened.

I've finished the towers. AR9707 continuously respawns mustard jellies after the Luremaster gives you the scroll/tale. AR9701 could use some tweaking for the exit point - you can't reach it from the bottom of the stairs, only from the side.

An added note for the Criek of Bane battle. The whirlwind summoned by the djinni is far more powerful and dangerous than in vanilla. I like the wing-buffet effect, and it is supposed to have a chance to stun those it hits, but it's speed is much slower and the duration is way, way longer, and it does damage to those it pins and keeps hitting.

Just finished the Watchknight Crypts. The only thing of note was that as soon as I entered the crypt of the four knights they spoke to me and left - without touching their individual coffins. I suspect this is from restoring from a save within the crypts...

Guest VonWill

Bug report! :)

Hey. Just started my game and immediately found one bug. Traps do not work, making my Bounty Hunter somewhat lame. I am in the first town and I tried to set a trap (with 60 in the skill at first level) and it says in the log "Set Snare" then nothing happens. No sign of failure or success, but the trap is not there. I tried this multiple times, just to make sure I wasn't failing, but no traps seem to work.

...Traps do not work, making my Bounty Hunter somewhat lame. I am in the first town and I tried to set a trap (with 60 in the skill at first level) and it says in the log "Set Snare" then nothing happens. No sign of failure or success, but the trap is not there. I tried this multiple times, just to make sure I wasn't failing, but no traps seem to work.

Thanks for the info. I've never thought about that thief ability so I never tried it before, so...

Now that I'm inside Maluradek's castle, and having removed all the guards on the first floor, I thought I'd go after the rakshasa (very ugly battle here :) ). Third try I set four snares around the area to try to get two of the rakshasa, including the Hobart imitator. All four set, and I had the animation showing they set. I then had my paladin talk to "Hobart". As soon as the rakshasa appeared the snare went off. Unfortunately it also killed the game, locking it in cutscene mode.

I'll try this battle again, probably later tonight, and see what happens more closely. Other things to do than play the game right now,though.

Finally finished the castle itself and now I'm off to the dungeons.

I found what was causing the cutscene to hang. "Hobart" becomes hostile and all snares in the area activate, killing him before the transformation to the rakshasa is complete. Other than that, I had no other points of contention with the battle.

The only other item of note is that every time I viewed the AR9712 map the game crashed.

Guest VonWill

Okay so continued my run today. More Bugfinding.

Weapon Descriptions of Flails and Morningstars do not show up, I cannot see how much damage and whatnot they do when i am looking in Pomabs Emporium (I will check again when i find a new vendor). Also, rather then waiting for me in his house, Hrothgar follows me around the town which is rather annoying when doing quests. If i initiate dialog with him, it is like we are talking inside of his house.

Still can't get traps to work.

AR9716 and AR9717 are behind me now.

The blind minotaur battle axe is bad. Dropped it's 2gp, and does little/no damage.

A blind minotaur at AR9717 3084.610 gets trapped behind the door when it opens, and cannot be reached to be killed. This is also a bug in the original game.

The Talking Door froze in cutscene mode when I first approached it without any skulls. When I had one or both skulls it ran fine.

AR9718 - I'm not sure, but the olive slimes may have the wrong foot sizing. The three in the lower right of the room overlapped and could not move, and the three in the left room could not get out the door. Nothing else noted.

AR9800 - The summoning of the glabrezu was slow. Speed should be about doubled. In vanilla I had to deal with four in the time it took for two to show up. I've reached Rikasha, and will continue from there next time.

Finished AR9800 - the Jackalwere caverns. The only item of note is that Jackal Warriors in the original can be hit by non-magic weapons, but the Greater Jackal Warriors can't. This mod makes them both require +2 or better.

Next up - the five caves and their gems...

Archived