V6 reports

Finished with the Luremaster's dungeons, only the final battle with the Luremaster remains. Everything worked overall.

The dire bears and harpy battles seemed harder to me, the mintaur, spider and were-jackal battles about the same. The minotaurs on AR9801 dropped 2gp instead of their 2HAXE.ITM, just like the minotaurs on AR9717 and their AX2-12S.ITM. The first should have dropped instead of the gold, the second should have left nothing.

The Chest of Seasons worked fine, and the Stone Nuisances reappeared after being destroyed (at least after using the Chest of Seasons).

My normal game of IWD kept crashing so I thought i'd try this out. I tried about a year ago but couldn't get it to work. After installing everything to folders that didn't have spaces in the name, I'm good to go.

When I went to create my party, however, I noticed I couldn't create an illusionist. I left the spells the same in the tweak pack. As a result, there are no illusion spells from which to chose at 1st level, so I couldn't continue with character creation. I made a transmuter instead, but thought i'd let you know in case you weren't already aware.

So begins the party of Otto the ranger, Jean-Luc the paladin, Sauradi the druid, Fiscus the gnome, Aldiba the mage, and Galaedriel the elf. :cool:

Welcome, owlron. Make sure to read my observations through this thread. It'll help you prepare for the bugs you'll encounter.

Finished Trials of the Luremaster. The Throne Room battle had no problems. The only items of note are cosmetic. When the Luremaster is defeated, the seat on the throne should open and the sealed door should remain closed until the ring inside is taken. It appears the seat stayed closed and the door opened :cool: .

I finished the first run through. It was straight vanilla, not even fixes in the included tweaks.

I've reinstalled and started a new game with Kulyok's IWD NPC's conversion and more. This one's for fun. Here's the log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #20 // convert animations
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #60 // Convert GUI
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #100 // copy over portraits
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #110 // convert soundsets
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #210 // convert music
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #430 // Thieves use light crossbows
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #560 // Resting in towns
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #570 // Collected string updates
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #600 // Decompress NARR files
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #730 // wipe death movie
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #760 // Clear out BG2 sample characters
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #840 // Misc string fixes
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #850 // EXE modifications
~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #5000 // BIFF misc files
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED)
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Game ends when the main character dies
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2295 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Cleric Spell Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v9

Just entered the Kuldahar Valley and I've noticed a couple of things. Graphically the fog of war is cleaner and the smoke from chimneys is properly transparent. I also didn't have a phantom Hrothgar following me around. Still don't have the random treasures appearing in containers, though. I also had to rerun the beetle battle below the Easthaven tavern - one of the critters managed to get all the way out of the tavern and apparently screwed up the global setting...

Okay, I think I've worked through most of these now...

FIXED (1 of 2)

Therik and the two zombie at the entrance of AR3301 failed to attack, and just stood while the party destroyed them.

Can reproduce; caused by a systematic error in the mapping of a particular IWD script function (ChangeCurrentScript()), now fixed.

So far in K's tomb, first two levels, skeleton archers have only one each AROW_P1 and RNGP1. Not sure if it should be five or ten each, but it becomes helpful to get some restocking as you descend deeper into the tombs.

Fixed (hopefully all low-number-of-drops problems are now fixed.)

Finished Kresselack's Tomb. Random treasures KT2TRES and KT3TRES did not appear, though there was an empty slot where they should have been. Possible bad naming somewhere? I'll look into it tomorrow.

KT2TRES is AR3502 (756.858). KT3TRES is AR3503 (368.482).

Fixed. (All random treasures should (touch wood) now be working.

Suggestion on the Shadowed Cloak - description says +15% to Hide in Shadows but gives it to Move Silently. Considering the graphic effect, Hide in Shadows is more appropriate.

It now gives +15% to both, following IWD general behaviour.

the Hold Monster icon in the mage spellbook is missing.

Fixed.

If a bard sends Flozem packing on a new career path, he should drop everything he has, but did not.

Fixed.

When I went to create my party, however, I noticed I couldn't create an illusionist. I left the spells the same in the tweak pack. As a result, there are no illusion spells from which to chose at 1st level, so I couldn't continue with character creation. I made a transmuter instead, but thought i'd let you know in case you weren't already aware.

Fixed. (Blindness is now a 1st level spell, to avoid this problem. I suspect the writers of BG2 made the same last-minute fix...)

Edit: Just thought about my save problem in Kuldahar/Lonelywood/Severed Hand Level 2. Sure enough, it happens here as well. The quick save near the entrance to the palace has several thieves visible at load. The auto save inside the watchtower gives the same problem. Like it or not, these "invisible until" characters need to be addressed.

As for Seth's thieves, they're invisible until he commands the attack. Then they become visible (no hide in shadows effect), but cannot be attacked until they "break" the hide. It's also the same in Marketh's palace. Effect glitch? In vanilla they may appear momentarily then disappear until they attack. They also seem to have fanatical morale, since they don't flee even when most of them are dead at your feet. In vanilla when five or six are killed the rest near the palace entrance flee. At least the ones along the cavern's north wall aren't frozen there now.

When Valestis (in Severed Hand) received three of the four items to restore the arboretum he says the work is done and vanishes. He should not leave until receiving all four (water, seeds, birds, squirrels).

Fixed. (Seriously weird bug - I don't actually understand how the original version ever worked.)

Edion's Ring of Wizardry doesn't double my mage's 5th level spells.

Fixed.

In the dialog with Wylfdene you should get 84,000xp (14,000 per) when you tell him you know nothing of the assassin sent by the Ten Towns council.

[burial Isle:] Ghost Shamen don't cast anything before attacking.

[burial Isle:] when the Spirit Polar Bear attacked, it had no roar, it's most dangerous attack.

Both caused by a glitch in Cam's code workaround for the OnIsland() command; now fixed.

Lonelywood: I returned at night. The Greater Werewolf is not immune to normal weapons,

Oddly enough, that's true of the GWW in IWD too. But it's clearly a bug, so I've fixed it.

I also notice there was no Hobart in the Whistling Gallows, so I restarted HoW to verify. He's missing right from the start.

Fixed.

Finished with the Barbarian Camp. It seems Angaar is at the Great Mead Hall instead of at the main gate. CLUA'd him in so I could finish with not-Wyldene and during the battle that followed I saw him returning to his place at the gate.

Fixed.

The blind minotaur battle axe is bad. Dropped it's 2gp, and does little/no damage.

The minotaurs on AR9801 dropped 2gp instead of their 2HAXE.ITM, just like the minotaurs on AR9717 and their AX2-12S.ITM. The first should have dropped instead of the gold, the second should have left nothing.

The blind minotaur is fine on my install. But all minotaurs with "2HAXE" were getting 2gp instead (it turns out that the BG2 engine automatically gives you N gp if you use an item beginning with N... sigh.) Fixed.

The rhino beetle neither moved nor attacked when revealed.

Another consequence of the script-ordering bug that was preventing Therik from moving, I think. (Hence, hopefully now fixed.)

The stairways in the towers and the Chapel of Helm can be used even before being properly opened.

Fixed. (The stairways should have been fixed in the previous version, but there was a typo in the code. The Chapel was not being fixed at all.)

AR9707 continuously respawns mustard jellies after the Luremaster gives you the scroll/tale.

Fixed. (Another case where I was auto-generating variables longer than 32 characters.)

Far left exit from Mead Hall is unreachable.

Fixed.

every time I viewed the AR9712 map the game crashed.

Fixed (and also in AR9711, AR9601, AR8004, AR8005) - this is the result of an old bit of code that should have been deleted when Cam made the replacement minimaps.

Finished Dragon's Eye level 2 but with two serious GLOBAL problems, which I had to set since CLUA won't accept IncrementGlobal. I did some digging into the AR4002.BCS.

Globals did not increment. Mother Egenia won't be free without them.

SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_Kid, Kid_2 & Kid_3 cut to SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_

SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_Kid_1 & Kid_2 cut to SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_Kid_

PATHDEAD does not exist so Sheemish can't be freed.

Just finished Dragon's Eye level 3. Returned to level 2 and found Mother Egenia returning to the foot of the ziggurat rather than remaining near the entrance to level 3.

I've finally finished Severed Hand. I cleared Sheverash Tower (AR5402/03/04, AR5502), but I couldn't tell Kaylessa. The GLOBAL "SoldiersDead" failed to set - at any number.

Finished the Artisan District/Malavon's Dome. Only one problem found: Malavon failed to appear after the four Umber Hulks, both Iron Golems and Malavon's Simulacrum died.

The GLOBALs all set, but one was truncated. SPRITE_IS_DEADMALAVON'S_SIMULACRUM became SPRITE_IS_DEADMALAVON'S_SIMULACR. Another may be incorrect. SPRITE_IS_DEADMUMBER_HULK or SPRITE_IS_DEADUMBER_HULK?

The bug of saving and loading the save brought Malavon out and I was able to complete the area. Not the best option...

All now fixed (I hope).

Can't get druids out of animal form: i can switch between the various non-human forms but I can't seem to get back to normal: i have the innate ability but it doesn't work.

Fixed.

AR9701 could use some tweaking for the exit point - you can't reach it from the bottom of the stairs, only from the side.

Fixed.

FIXED (2 of 2)

[Pomab:]I started hitting the false P's to find the real one, only they didn't disappear or dispel one at a time to reveal him. When I did find the real P, the false P's all stopped moving. I got P to "barely injured," but no further until each false P was the same stated. I was then able to get P to "injured," but the false P's and P himself would go no further. After well over 400hp damage, and chasing him up and down the ladder to the Crenshinibon room, I finally ended it with CTRL+Y. The Cryshal Sentries died, but I had to CTRL+Y the false P's.

I think this was caused by Pomab being able to leave the room - once I blocked the exit, it seems to work normally.

Heart of Winter endgame movie doesn't play.

Fixed. (The problem is that for some reason the HOWDRAG movie file isn't played by the BG2 engine. We work around this by decompiling it to AVI and compiling it again.)

[burial Isle:]Some Barrow Wights move at normal speed, some properly fast. Some Drowned Dead move at normal speed, some properly slow, i.e. their speeds were inconsistent.

This should be fixed by the animation upgrade - if not, let me know.

AR9718 - I'm not sure, but the olive slimes may have the wrong foot sizing. The three in the lower right of the room overlapped and could not move, and the three in the left room could not get out the door. Nothing else noted.

They don't exactly have the wrong foot sizing, but some subtle difference between BG2 and IWD engines is indeed causing trouble here. I've worked around it: overlapping slimes no

longer overlap, and the slimes in the room with the too-narrow door are now replaced with slime zombies.

The gem failed to summon the Vodyanoi that made resting impossible and left little time for healing before arriving.

Fixed (the Vodyanoi-summoning spell wasn't working)

the battle with Icasaracht and support went well except for the cut-scene where her soul transfers to the gem, which did not happen or happened so fast as to be unnoticed.

Should now be okay.

Several monks did not move to the party, and neither did the summoned monsters.

Fixed.

Just finished Temple of the Forgotten God. No random treasures were found. And there were two items of note with the Verbeeg - sometimes when they first show I had the image of a leopard momentarily, and the foot circle was of a normal person, not a giant.

The animation process has been overhauled; this will probably fix both problems.

Finally finished with the Gloomfrost. The only item of note was that the Ice Golems had small foot circles, not large. Makes for some nasty combats when three and four can gang up on one fighter, and narrow passages won't choke their advance...

Again, should be fixed by the new animation converter.

Just finished the Watchknight Crypts. The only thing of note was that as soon as I entered the crypt of the four knights they spoke to me and left - without touching their individual coffins. I suspect this is from restoring from a save within the crypts...

Also, rather then waiting for me in his house, Hrothgar follows me around the town which is rather annoying when doing quests. If i initiate dialog with him, it is like we are talking inside of his house.

I had two Hrothgar's - one at home (proper) and one roaming (even followed me into Hrothgar's house).

All these (and similar effects) seem to be because BG2 in multiplayer mode treats hidden creatures wrongly. I've worked around it; I've also added a warning to move your savegames over and play in single-player mode unless you actually want to play with someone else.

The Talking Door froze in cutscene mode when I first approached it without any skulls. When I had one or both skulls it ran fine.

Fixed.

AR9603 - game crashed several times(I had to tip-toe and save every five seconds), twice - when I tried to disarm one of the traps(I think it was the trap at the entrance of one of the chambers to the right, but not sure). In the end everything went perfectly, but "no crashes-no crashes-boom!-several crashes in one area" made me wonder.

This is caused by a dodgy sahuagin crossbow animation; I've worked around it.

I have the same item problem as Sterling Archer: Item names are present, but on many there is no description.

Several weapons have names but no descriptions (composite long/long/short bows, quarterstaff, sling, long/short swords, scimitar, all non-magical).

Many mismatched item descriptions. (using BG2 Weapon proficiencies w/ weapon styles)

Fixed. (I forgot that the "sort out proficiency descriptions" component changes strings, so has to be installed as part of the EasyIceTutu run (i.e., I can't just package the converted items.)

The first thing I noticed was that the fire salamanders took damage from their own flames as soon as I entered. Some were even stunned (gaze effect).

Redid the main cavern (AR8001). The fire salamanders have a "death gaze" that creates a "Hold" if not saved against, and some of them don't. Since it happens off-screen I can't tell who or what is Held, though I suspect the salamanders themselves. Many attack with "barely injured" health.

Fixed. (They were accidentally casting TANARRI_DEATH_GAZE on themselves.)

NOT BUGS/NO ACTION(1 of 2)

In the Root Cellar Tavern a druid has one dialog path, a paladin/non-evil cleric another. In vanilla IWD both can be done. Now it's either/or.

Can't reproduce. On my install, if I talk to a random townsperson with a druid, I get the "I sense blah" and "have a blessing" options; if I talk to him/her with a cleric, I get "have you heard the good news about Ilmater?" options.

Also, RING03 (Ring of Animal Friendship) vanishes from inventory after use and does not return after resting.

The only copy of RING03 I can find in IWD (in a chest in AR9800) behaves this way in the vanilla game too.

A question on Static Charge - is 29+20 hp damage normal?

It's on the high side, but possible. The damage for a 7th level caster is 5-40hp (no save) plus 4-36 hp (save to avoid).

AR8012 - with 6 keys/badges. New game, using 6 keys - the stairs icon appears correctly. But upon loading old(v5) save just in case(6 keys, stairs icon already was there) - the stairs icon disappeared. It reappeared after I went to another area(AR8005) and back, but I thought I'd report it just in case.

I'm optimistically going to blame it on v5.

Went south to the bombardier beetle/spider chambers. I revealed one beetle in the main south chamber and all but two attacked. I don't recall this happening in vanilla. I also had two of the wraith spiders move toward the party from south of Erevain's body.

Things like this are probably inevitable given that the underlying engine is different. I don't think I can do much about it, though tell me if any of them do something really stupid.

While creating an Archer, I got to the proficiency page and it already had 2 points in Two-weapon style. For proficiency system i'm using the following:

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> BG-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles (better, unsafe for old saves)

I was unable to remove these points and they do show up in the character's description in-game.

Not a bug: all rangers, including archers, get this. (Try it in vanilla BG2: it's just the same.)

In Easthaven(AR1000) at the start of the game, the Quest NPC 'Jhonen' is labelled as a 'Townsperson'.

In AR2100 Mirek is mislabelled as 'Frightened Townsperson'

Also true in vanilla IWD, at least on my install.

Just finished Wyrm's Tooth. I tried reentering Bandoth's lab (AR6014) with his apprentice's book (and without) and got a CTD. Seems after finishing and leaving the area of Upper Dorn's it becomes inaccessible...

Can't reproduce.

I found a snow troll in AR7002, at (164.531) that does not appear with the other attackers there, and is unkillable even by CTRL+K. I had to save and load the save to reveal it.

Can't reproduce.

Tarnished Sentries were affected by the panic effect of Misery's Herald, though fire salamanders apparently were not. Neither seemed affected in vanilla IWD.

I don't see anything in IWD to indicate that either would be protected (though I agree it's surprising that they're not.)

When I redid the level I saved just before dealing with the ramp up to level three (four marksmen and a cleric). When I reran the ambush it didn't go so well so I restored and ran into another problem. Just like my problem with saves in Kuldahar and Lonelywood, those "invisible" enemies were visible. Since I had not triggered the ambush, they just stood there while I butchered them. I solved this problem with the next level 2 rerun by going to another level and returning, triggering the auto-save.

Can't reproduce. (If it hasn't been fixed en passant in v7, I'll need to get you (Grogerson) to talk me through it in more detail.)

Each time I returned I was attacked by eight thieves, and four salamanders were prowling about. There are no respawns in vanilla. I like the idea, but only until Seth and Shikata are dead.

Grogerson: I wasn't sure where exactly this is. Can you clarify.

NOT BUGS / NO ACTION (2 of 2)

Finally, it looks like the smoke from the chimneys and crystal light source glows are not transparent/translucent.

Again: can you clarify exactly where?

In AR2102 Orrick is mislabelled as a 'Robed Man' and sells 2 invisible items for 0GP. These items have no icon, are not stackable, and can not be removed from inventory once they are there.

He's labelled that way in IWD too. I can't reproduce the invisible-item bug.

Finished Lower Dorn's, except for Ascension Cave. The only items of note are the Bladed Skeletons, and the spheres surrounding and protecting the priests. The skeletons must have a "call" that didn't work in vanilla, but that's fine (it just makes them more challenging). The spheres surrounding the priests, however, appeared to vanish before the idol was destroyed. Whether the priests are still protected I don't know. I didn't test it. Everything else worked fine.

The spheres seem to work fine on my install. (Chucked fireballs at the altar until it died; the spheres lasted right until the end.)

On another note, some pickpocketing needs to be fixed.

- Orrick has an additional potion of absorption, wand of polymorphing and dagger +2 that should not be attainable.

- Oswald Fiddlebender has an additional oil of fiery burning, explosions and fire resistance.

- All the Purvis' have an additional potion of extra healing and short sword of backstabbing.

Again, help me out: what is the issue here?

[burial Isle:] before the first battle was finished I was attacked by the Spirit Wolves, Spirit Black Bears and the Spirit Polar Bear - while still near Ned and the boat. The wolves and black bears should not appear until summoned by the Spirit Polar Bear, and it should remain near the rock in the circle of stones.

I can reproduce this if I teleport to the Burial Isle, but not if I arrive normally...

and after he fled there was no dialog option with Kieren. I'll have to check the second, but I had the understanding there should be one.

I'm reasonably sure there isn't.

No XP was given for getting Emmerich to realize he was the GWW killing the poachers. I played the return to Lonelywood a second time and I did.

How odd. I'm not sure how that could have happened; I'll put it down to a random glitch.

The exit from 9601 to 9600 is a bit difficult to find, but does exist (might need some tweaking...).

Seems okay to me.

[icas' isle:]My primary character is a paladin wearing the Vexed Armor. Once he began to be attacked by undead (Ice, Cold and Frozen Bones), he was virtually immune to damage. This should not be so, since most carry weapons.

Can't reproduce (when I equip a L10 cleric with the armour and teleport him into a bunch of Frozen Bones in AR9602, they beat him to a pulp).

Finished AR9800 - the Jackalwere caverns. The only item of note is that Jackal Warriors in the original can be hit by non-magic weapons, but the Greater Jackal Warriors can't. This mod makes them both require +2 or better.

I don't think this is correct: vanilla IWD Jackal Warriors have the "immune1" item.

...Traps do not work, making my Bounty Hunter somewhat lame. I am in the first town and I tried to set a trap (with 60 in the skill at first level) and it says in the log "Set Snare" then nothing happens. No sign of failure or success, but the trap is not there. I tried this multiple times, just to make sure I wasn't failing, but no traps seem to work.

Snares work fine in my install. You get "set snare" if you fail your roll (which you will do quite often at low level) and "set snare:set snare succeeded" if you make your role. I don't believe this is any different from vanilla BG2.

Criek of Bane fired off both Dispel Magic and Defensive Harmony after the dialog as if using a Contingency. This while hit with two Fireballs, an arrow and two bullets. He could not be disrupted...

I don't change any of his scripts, so I'd be surprised if he's doing anything not in vanilla. Certainly his vanilla behaviour includes some uninterruptable dispels and defensive harmonies. (But there was a script ordering bug in v6 - now fixed - that could have led to different behaviour.)

A blind minotaur at AR9717 3084.610 gets trapped behind the door when it opens, and cannot be reached to be killed. This is also a bug in the original game.

Can't reproduce.

AR9800 - The summoning of the glabrezu was slow. Speed should be about doubled. In vanilla I had to deal with four in the time it took for two to show up. I've reached Rikasha, and will continue from there next time.

I'm not convinced this is actually a bug rather than some emergent effect (I can't reliably reproduce the difference in any case).

An added note for the Criek of Bane battle. The whirlwind summoned by the djinni is far more powerful and dangerous than in vanilla. I like the wing-buffet effect, and it is supposed to have a chance to stun those it hits, but it's speed is much slower and the duration is way, way longer, and it does damage to those it pins and keeps hitting.

I'm afraid I'm going to ignore this one for the moment.

Finished Trials of the Luremaster. The Throne Room battle had no problems. The only items of note are cosmetic. When the Luremaster is defeated, the seat on the throne should open and the sealed door should remain closed until the ring inside is taken. It appears the seat stayed closed and the door opened .

Can't reproduce.

Icasaract not seen fleeing Wylfdene's body

Works on my install.

Returned to Lonelywood to deal with Purvis, but the final assassin version just outside the mayor's house seems to have a corrupted animation. I get a CTD a few moments after leaving the house, when he's supposed to reveal himself. Unless I MoveToArea, this effectively stops my game. Anyone willing to tell this coding idiot what to do to fix the animation? [...] Okay, I've looked over the Pervis .cre's and found they're all the same, including the animation, so it's unlikely the animation. I don't see the Sprite_is_Dead for Purvis, so I don't think I've killed him (though it's possible if I restored from a save within Lonelywood, but Vaarglan and Co. haven't shown up). This leaves me thinking it's a possible script problem. [...]I replayed from leaving the Barbarian Camp and went to the Whistling Gallows to see if I could get the Vaarglan encounter, which I did. Gathered up all their equipment and punched the Map view icon instead of the Return icon, and got a CTD.

Can't reproduce.

The frost salamander cold aura seems to cause harm at a slower rate than in the vanilla game.

I don't think so - it does 1d6 per 6 seconds in both versions, I think.

Another CTD occured in the north area of SE level 2 (AR5002). Took care of the shadowed invader ambush and went to view the map (should have saved first...).

I had two CTD's, both when viewing the Area Map along the south hall. [of AR4002?]

I still can't pin down just what is causing these occasional map crashes...

I had only two trolls and three lizard men as summons [in AR4004]. Like the jackalwere summoners, these high summoners should keep summoning until the party attacks them.

In both vanilla IWD and the conversion, there's only one High Summoner, and he seems to summon once every 120 seconds.

Most of the items above can be ignored now that v7 is out, and I'll have a run at it. Two items of note:

Whenever I entered Lower Dorn's from an extended absence (trips to Severed Hand/Kuldahar) I would be attacked by respawned shadow thieves and fire salamanders.

Orrick, Oswold and Purvis had the stated items are additional items to their normal Pick Pocket items.

Archived