My feedback

Karnor

Out of interest, where does the lich immunity to 1-5th level spells come from? I don't remember it from PnP AD&D (unless I've forgotten it).

From 2E Monster Manual:

"Liches can themselves be hit only by weapons of at least +1, by magical spells, or by monsters with 6 or more Hit Dice and/or magical properties."

I think that the last half of that sentence refers to the monsters (and implicitly to the rule that the enchantment level of a creature's natural attack is tied to HD), as spells do not have "Hit Dice" and by their nature always have "magical properties".

Some would say this is a tradeoff, as other spells and effects that obviously shouldn't work on a skeletal lich (creeping doom, horrid wilting, PW:Stun) affect them just fine.

Out of interest, where does the lich immunity to 1-5th level spells come from? I don't remember it from PnP AD&D (unless I've forgotten it).

From 2E Monster Manual:

"Liches can themselves be hit only by weapons of at least +1, by magical spells, or by monsters with 6 or more Hit Dice and/or magical properties."

I think that the last half of that sentence refers to the monsters (and implicitly to the rule that the enchantment level of a creature's natural attack is tied to HD), as spells do not have "Hit Dice" and by their nature always have "magical properties".

I agree. The quoted text is identical to the text from other creatures with +1 (or greater) immunities and nothing else gets granted a blanket immunity to 5th level spells. Basically in order to hit a lich you need :

- a +1 or better weapon

- a magicaly spell, or

- be a monster with 6 or more Hit Dice and/or magical properties

The last part was put in not to help the players (who don't qualify as monsters) but so that the in-game world makes a bit more sense. i.e. to prevent some low level monster with a +1 immunity from killing a really powerful creature (e.g. a griffon) which wouldn't otherwise be able to hit it.

Well, I came to talk exactly about the enemy thief tactics and found this topic already adressing it.

Just want to second this. I really like this mod and it has made the game much more enjoyable for me, but I'm extremely annoyed by the random encounters with groups of thugs that use the invisibility>attack>repeat tactic. Is there no way around this? I can tolerate it if I'm breaking in the thieves guild and properly prepare myself, but it's irritating if I'm just walking around the city and suddenly have Viconia backstabbed to death in a few seconds.

That's my only major complain, but it's one I'd really like to see addressed. Other than that, fantastic work on this mod.

Archived