Yoshimo Romance released

Lava

After posting twice as a guest I finally remembered that I was registered on this board. Silly me. :cool:

Another question: Did I miss a conversation anywhere about why Yoshimo worked with Irenicus? It's never covered in the vanilla game, so I didn't know if you had come up with your own reason or if you go with the usual theory of

he's looking for revenge for his sister Tamoko from the first game.

That explanation turns up in a few other mods I've played.

Aja -

you mean you killed her in Bodhi's lair? You know, the thing is that she took it, but it doesn't mean she must walk with it forver. The heart can't be restored, it's already destroyed by vampires. I should include line about it, though. However, that's not end of the plot yet.

Exile - I wanted to follow the path BioWare prepared of Yoshimo. He was a bounty hunter in Athkatla, he knows the city, so I gues he was just hired by him and Irenicus just used geas on him. Nothing really mod. About the plot you have mentioned:

I consider the Tamoko plot as cheesy... It was never confirmed that they were siblings, that's first. It's strange that in both games we meet 2 karaturians and suprsisingly they are siblings. Other thing is that Yoshimo was never happy to work with Irenicus. He says "T... Things are not as they seem, <CHARNAME>, and for that, I apologize. I can offer no explanation that you would find sufficient." - for me it doesn't sound as it was his plan. Yoshimo is tragic character - no matter what he does, it can do him no good. That's how I see him. I doubt Yoshimo would like to revenge Tamoko.

What's more, as far as I remember there is some kind of chance to tell Tamoko to run away. If we promise that we won't kill Sarevok or that we'll try to talk with him... something like that. In this scenario the revenge would seem strange.

This is only my interpretation of the character and obviously I do not deny that someone may think of him in a different way :cool:

After posting twice as a guest I finally remembered that I was registered on this board. Silly me. crazyeyes.gif

It happens! I had 2 accounts at G3, once, but theacefes forged them (or just deleted the one I didn't use) :) Heh...

Aja -

you mean you killed her in Bodhi's lair? You know, the thing is that she took it, but it doesn't mean she must walk with it forver. The heart can't be restored, it's already destroyed by vampires. I should include line about it, though. However, that's not end of the plot yet.

Thank you for the fast reply :cool: I just wanted to know whether that was meant to be or something broke in my game. I've already had to fix it once.

Anyway, I fell in love with your mods :) For this run I got Yoshimo, Varshoon, Deep Gardens, Innershade and Eilistraee's Song, I'm impressed with your style. And I wish I could write in english like that ^^

Thank you, you're very kind :cool: As you may have noticed, I make a lot of mistakes here, on forums. My proofreaders are really great help to me! As long as I have them with me I'm going to release some projects. Mostly romances for males, but not only!

Tell me what you think about Yoshimo when you end the game with it :)

Again, thank you :suspect:

That explanation turns up in a few other mods I've played.

I consider the Tamoko plot as cheesy... It was never confirmed that they were siblings, that's first. It's strange that in both games we meet 2 karaturians and suprsisingly they are siblings.

This was stated by David Gaider, one of the game's developers. It's not something made up by the modding community.

From what I know, Tamoko-Yoshimo connection is still not canon, it's just one of the ideas David Gaider expressed. It never made it into the game, anyway. He also, by the way, expressed a plot that Valygar was gay - since they had to cut Valygar's romance, they(the developers) sort of decided that between themselves.

I, too, completely think that Tamoko-Yoshimo's possible plot is cheesy. It's like bad TV soap operas, when two people come to US from China, and they're immediately a mother and her long-lost son, or some other such nonsense. I prefer to think Tamoko has her own plot, and Yoshimo has his own - and since it's canon, that's what I like to see in the game.

But to each modder their own, and if some other modder wants to write a story where Tamoko and Yoshimo are siblings, if it adds power to their tale, best of luck to them. I just don't like random nudge, nudge, wink, wink "And you KNOW that Tamoko is?.." in mods, because not every player read every post by David Gaider, so the usual response is "Huh?"

This was stated by David Gaider, one of the game's developers. It's not something made up by the modding community.

Still, they decided not to include this content. There must be some kind of reason and I believe the reason may be what Kulyok and me wrote. I am sure there were many other ideas while working on the mod (gosh, I didn't know about Valygar :p ), because that's a part of game developer's work.

I agree with Kulyok, but I'd like to add something - I think leaving gossips like that is better. Tamoko-Yoshimo relationship became a famous issue, players discuss the matter... and I believe it's better to leave the question for player - let him/her interpret the story. T and Y matter was always a kind of mystery and some mysteries should be never solved. It makes life/game more interesting ;)

But I didn't mean to... eh... :p Ankhes, it's ok :) You took my post too seriously! :) All I wanted to say is that I like sad stories :laugh:

And it's good to see you back :hug:

(((HUGGLES))) to you, too! Like I said, I was depressed. But I'm fine now and I'll answer your PM! RL is a bit busy at the moment. And I did install and just begin to play. I am already intrigued and I've only had about 3 conversations with him. But knowing it will be sad helps. ;) It won't be like a sledge-hammer hit me upside the head. LOL

Awwwwwww ;) The dream at the end was too much, now I'll be sad for a long time :p

So I'm almost done, now I have to whack Amalissa to feel a little bit better. I really appreciate this mod's ability to invoke emotions (even though they're not happy ones). However, now I need something with a happy end. I find the lack of happy end disturbing.

Heh, I am fond of sad stories. What's more I always thought that it's strange that no matter who charname choose, they 'lived happily ever after'. Nowadays this tendency is getting better and there are few mods with less joyful endings.

Sorry if you felt really horrible ;) However, there's something more than dream at the end. At what moment are you? If you didn't complete all Pocket Plane testes, there will be something more. Also if you didn't meet anyone new at Amkethran (if that's the name of the town I can never remember :p ) go on a walk out there. Someone may want to talk with you.

Hope that you found the mod interesting!

Guest Xeresto

Masterpiece, I can't find another word to describe Yoshimo Romance modification. The way mod heightens emotional peak just shatters my heart. Very sad romance, but romantic at the same time and author puts a lot of effort into making sure that whole plot doesn't collapse.

It is easy to sense when someone is playing on your feelings, but while playing the mod I do not get this impression it just feels natural.

Archived