Yoshimo Romance released

Lava

Lave, thanks for the help! I have to say, that I enjoyed what I managed to play of the mod immensely (my computger recently blew up - literally - during a thunder and lightening storm, so I lost that game). I did finish through Shadows and got into Throne. And, I enjoyed what I saw so much I definitely plan a replay of the romance. After all, I don't know how it ends! *cheeky grin*

Before I forgot, however, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed getting to know Yoshimo better during the course of the game. You gave him great depth, and the conversations were fun. You also gave our favorite misunderstood bounty hunter a great heart, and there were many times when it was almost palpable how much pain he really was in. I look forward to being able to replay and get to the end, and then I'll update my review.

Thank you :) I'm really glad that you like the mod. I didn't want to give "fluffy bunnies and chocolate hearts" romance, but something touching. I hope I managed to do so.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but the mod is still in development. It was given a lot of fixes and a chance or two (or even more) to find something more about his past. I will release it when some issues are cleared out :p

Thank you :) I'm really glad that you like the mod. I didn't want to give "fluffy bunnies and chocolate hearts" romance, but something touching. I hope I managed to do so.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but the mod is still in development. It was given a lot of fixes and a chance or two (or even more) to find something more about his past. I will release it when some issues are cleared out :p

Well, then...I will hold off on my play through until this is done. Thanks for the heads up!

Guest Setepenre
Huh, I hate when fan must delay her/his game because of modder has some issues... well, just check your PM and enjoy the ride ;)

Uh...heh...I LOVED the romance so much! I didn't cry too much, just a little...but still, I did the dishonorable thing and...changed the Epilogue for my personal use.

I gave myself and Yoshi a happy ending. :p

I feel guilty, but couldn't really help myself. Sorry! :)

Oh no! How could you! You will suffer!

Huh, joking of course ;) And I am glad you enjoyed the romance. I really put a lot of effort in creating this mod. I find Yoshimo the best character :) And do not feel guilty :p If that gave you some fun, then it's ok :p

Guest Setepenre
Oh no! How could you! You will suffer!

Huh, joking of course :p And I am glad you enjoyed the romance. I really put a lot of effort in creating this mod. I find Yoshimo the best character :p And do not feel guilty :D If that gave you some fun, then it's ok ;)

Thank you so much! :) I DO love the romance, and I can tell you put so much into it. Yoshi is very realistic and how you have him evolve in not only his feelings for others and the turn his life has taken, you never have him go "over the top." Your subtleties keep Yoshi himself, yet allow us to see a bit more.

Very, very well done! *luvs!*

Thank you :) You make me blush :p

So, maybe the new version will be even better. Yoshimo is going to be the same, but you will be able to know something more of his past once he trusts you. So, more PIDs, some fixes, something like 3 new talks and new ToB encounter. Just let me clear some stuff and it will be downloadable ;)

Errrr...I'm not sure what Ive done wrong, but the mod when Ive downloaded it is refusing to install...like...Ive extracted all the files and stuff but if I try to install the set up box whilst in the file it comes up with: FATAL ERROR-Could not find dialog.tlk and when I move it and try to install the components outside the file in the game directory it doesn't acknowledge my commands. Have i done something wrong or missed something obvious? Or is the program got a bug?

Make sure you have the files in correct location - they YoshimoRomance directory and Setup-YoshimoRomance.exe should be both in your main BG2 folder. It looks as if you've tried to run it in any different place.

Guest Guest_TheChastonMan_*

I used this path like all the other mods Ive installed: Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA (Also Throne of Bhaal)

ohhh , all these comments make me wanna give this mod a try :grin:

But before I jump in , i have a couple of question for you . I did read the readme .

1- Why did you put 'tiefling' in the romance requirement ? just curious , but this is for BG2 right ? and unless I'm missing something you can't be a tiefling.........in BG2 .

2- Are there any other requirements like doing Bloodscalp quest for Yoshimo for the romance to advance ? I rarely do that quest since it isn't lawful lol and I never take edwin ....

3- Do I have to side with Bodhie ? cose Yoshi usualy say something about that when you meet her the 1st time .

4- What about getting in Spellhold , can I still take Minsc funny way to get in or do I have to let Yoshi sweet talk the pirate ? would that have any effect on the romance ?

5- How come you say there is a TOB part when he die in SoA ? I mean , does he become a ghost that follow you or something ? :cool:

6- ''

To discover post-Brynnlaw content you must have succesfully completed pre-Brynnlaw content

I don't get this one , what is post-Brynnlaw ?

Sorry for the many question but when I install something (and this mod sound promising) I really want to do thing right and not miss anything :)

Archived