Does the game work properly with different languages?

Guest Claudio

Guest Claudio

Hi all,

since I need to learn spanish i would like to play the mod with this language.

I installed bg2+TOB (+tob patch) in english and IWD+HOW+Luremaster in english, than installed the patches (that are essentially just a swap of the original dialog.tlk and the adding, for bg2, of a dialogf.tlk that should be for female speech - dunno why they didn't left it with the other dialog) to change the game languages (from here: http://academia.clandlan.net/?page=academi...search=icewind) of both games (which run smoothly btw).

Than i just executed the v6 edition of your mod.

Will I encounter any problem with the game? i am not referring to just the possibility of having some lines in english (e.g. for the npcs inclueded in the tweak-pak), but game crashes and so on.

The game seems to run OK for now... yet I was worried by the fact that when i first run the mod installer, first messages I got when asked about the bg2 directory were:

"impossible to find the specified file" ("impossibile trovare il file specificato" in italian, which is the language of my OS) for 10 times untill it started to copy from cleric.bio...

also, at the end of the same procedure of copying from bg2

there was a message which said: <<WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")>>.. yet.. immediatly following it said "succesfully installed".

other procedures seemed to work fine

Guest Claudio
I'm playing with polish versions both BG2 and IWD. And everything works fine. So I believe it should work fine with any language version

Sounds good.

Thank you for the info :cool:

first messages I got when asked about the bg2 directory were:

there was a message which said: <<WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")>>..

Those come because the messages were not silenced from the debug... the second comes automatically as you don't have any other WeiDU mods, so it warns that the file doesn't exist, and the first is there probably because the way the installer is made...

See it's better to not silence everything even if the warnings are unnecessary...

Archived