Aklon and Aerie

Fallen_Demon

This was inspired by Jordan's wet-dream idea of Rand being shared by three women who all love him to distraction and each-other (two of them even went through a ritual of becoming sisters, and all of them created a magical bond between themselves and Rand), which for me was the most hilareous thing in these books. :p I just laughed about that so much, that whatever Jordan tried to convey by that was absolutely lost on me.

Maybe Rand just needs sonething scarier than the Dark One to carry him into the final battle. Three women to keep happy, all of whom have a mental link to you and thus access to your thoughts, feelings and can tell where you are at all times? One ticket to Shai'Tan Station, please! :p

It is probable there'll be no Aklon lovin' for me, then. If he falls for another girl as easily as for my megalomaniac protagonist, what kind of a lover will he be?  :p

Well, that guest was asking about a conflict between a male PC and Aklon for the hand of Aerie. That said, I looked last night and there is quite a large window for a female PC and Aerie to be in competition there.

Imo, that should be an option, and the outcome of such a thing should also be random. Sometimes he'd chose Aerie, sometimes - PC, or it will depend on what the ladies said or done. This way it's much more interesting... :)

I'd consider it a possibility, especially if the Aklon/Aerie thing starts very early on in Aklon and CHARNAME's relationship. CHARNAME will have something of an advantage (you did pull Aklon out of that fighting pit, right? :) ), but if CHARNAME says the wrong things, Aklon could go to Aerie. I still need to think more about exactly how it will go and where to put the thresholds.

You bring up a good point with the Haer'Dalis/Aerie/CHARNAME/Aklon Free-for-all though... I'm really going to have to ponder how that will go.

*le sigh* This reminds me how complicated these issues can be. Believe it or not, I have a similar thing planned in my Lockheart mod, though absolutely nowhere in the near future.

Then we'd have Lockheart/Aerie/Haer'Dalis/Aklon/PC. :) Now all we need is the Haer'Dalis romance and we'd be complete. :p Good fortune be with us both, Rob. :)

Heheheh, it has been said that love is a battlefield. :D

Aye, so true. :D

I'm sure we'll be able to work something out, even if we have to keep it simple.

Aye, I'm positive of that. Once both Aklon and Lockheart's 2nd and 3rd component are released (Aerie Friendship for non-evil PC's, and Lockheart/Aerie Romance), we could always submit some romance killscripts to the Crossmod Banter Pack, to ensure no double romances occur. If not, Aerie gets a whole load'a lovin'. :D:D

Any options to tease them about how they both have names that start with an 'A'? icon_smile.gif

I'd actually like any kind of reaction-dialogue... but the chance to tease them would be fun.

And being the soppy sort, I'd like to give her a hug and say I'm glad she found someone nice.

He seems like he'd treat her good. Same goes for the PC in their romance!

You made a winner here with Aklon.

icon_heart.gif

Any options to tease them about how they both have names that start with an 'A'? icon_smile.gif

I'd actually like any kind of reaction-dialogue... but the chance to tease them would be fun.

And being the soppy sort, I'd like to give her a hug and say I'm glad she found someone nice.

There's a few teasing options available in the romance already, but I'm still not up to the point where congratulations are in order. An option to do that can certainly be put in.

He seems like he'd treat her good. Same goes for the PC in their romance!

You made a winner here with Aklon.

icon_heart.gif

Thanks. Hopefully the finished product will live up to that. :blush:

Whoever really needs this Aerie thing? (I mean the Aerie-Aklon thing)

I thought there were more people out there who dislike Aerie ;) (Ok, ok, I even drew her once and posted it on Elfwood - don't know what came over me - but I still don't like her that much)

It's taking time to make! Anyway, when this mod (hopefully) comes out, I'll just leave her in that circus :D

And lose yourself the satisfaction of having Aklon pick you over her? :D

Whoever really needs this Aerie thing? (I mean the Aerie-Aklon thing)

I thought there were more people out there who dislike Aerie ;) (Ok, ok, I even drew her once and posted it on Elfwood - don't know what came over me - but I still don't like her that much)

It's taking time to make! Anyway, when this mod (hopefully) comes out, I'll just leave her in that circus :D

Yes, I'm rather sorry about the time being taken, the last few weeks have been very bad for writing. Aerie's almost finished now, I've only got a little way to go, and then I can move on to Anomen. I'll be able to post more in the progress report thread soon.

These things take time, and it is impossible to rush.

Quite apart from waiting for your muse to speak, there's all these RL things, like work, family and friends.

I must confess, when Aklon comes out, I am going to have a hard time deciding whether I want him all to myself or if I want to compete with Aerie for him. Tough call. I'd like the satisfaction of beating her, but by doing so, my paladin PC would feel she had resorted to unfair tactics and would have a hard time reconciling her desire for Aklon with the abuse she heaped on Aerie during the conquest. ;)

Would Aklon even enjoy it? Or would it be far too juvenile for him to take either lady seriously after the inevitable catfight?

Quite apart from waiting for your muse to speak, there's all these RL things, like work, family and friends.

I must confess, when Aklon comes out, I am going to have a hard time deciding whether I want him all to myself or if I want to compete with Aerie for him. Tough call. I'd like the satisfaction of beating her, but by doing so, my paladin PC would feel she had resorted to unfair tactics and would have a hard time reconciling her desire for Aklon with the abuse she heaped on Aerie during the conquest. :D

Would Aklon even enjoy it? Or would it be far too juvenile for him to take either lady seriously after the inevitable catfight?

Hee hee! :D My pc would have no problem with some "unfair tactics!" Anyway, I do see your point for your pc. But for me, for once I want a new romance where people aren't philosophising over every little detail and angst. Sure, some realism is great, but sometimes I think people go too far with it. Let some of us just have fun and beat out the other girl and get the man! I mean no offense to you, Berelinde, I'm just stating my own view. I've been seeing a lot of concern with what I term "tedious philosophising" and, as much as I admire it, my romance certainly doesn't need it. At least not at every jucture. I don't mind my pc jumping thru a few hoops, but she is definately NOT going to worry about every little emotion and problem Aerie has.

IMHO, let the guy enjoy a catfight, why not? He isn't a perfect angel, right?

And, Berelinde, wow, you play a paladin? I've never gone that route. My chaotic nature would have too tough a time with that. Hats off to you! ;)

Indeed Berelinde, there's all that stuff to worry about, but unfortunately it's been work eating up the time of late. :p

I must confess, when Aklon comes out, I am going to have a hard time deciding whether I want him all to myself or if I want to compete with Aerie for him. Tough call. I'd like the satisfaction of beating her, but by doing so, my paladin PC would feel she had resorted to unfair tactics and would have a hard time reconciling her desire for Aklon with the abuse she heaped on Aerie during the conquest. :p

If abusing Aerie is not in your nature (or just beneath your dignity, much as you dislike her :p ) you needn't do that either if you want to win out over the Avariel. You'll just have to find a way to capture Aklon's attention.

Well, that's the question, isn't it? You'll just have to see how he reacts to having two women fighting over him. ;)

Actually BigRob, I would get the satisfaction of have Aklon chose me over her...THEN leave her to sob and wail in the depths of the Underdark.

That works too. :D

Hee hee! :p My pc would have no problem with some "unfair tactics!" Anyway, I do see your point for your pc. But for me, for once I want a new romance where people aren't philosophising over every little detail and angst. Sure, some realism is great, but sometimes I think people go too far with it. Let some of us just have fun and beat out the other girl and get the man! I mean no offense to you, Berelinde, I'm just stating my own view. I've been seeing a lot of concern with what I term "tedious philosophising" and, as much as I admire it, my romance certainly doesn't need it. At least not at every jucture. I don't mind my pc jumping thru a few hoops, but she is definately NOT going to worry about every little emotion and problem Aerie has.

It's not Aerie's problems you have to worry about (Aklon will be doing that). That said, you will have to do a few things to successfully romance Aklon, though his romance is not focussed on his own issues, as the basic Bioware ones are. In fact of all his lovetalks, only 3 are directly concerned with him and only one of those requires a "correct" answer to continue.

Aklon does do a little philosophising though. He is a monk, after all. :)

IMHO, let the guy enjoy a catfight, why not? He isn't a perfect angel, right?

A perfect angel he is not. :p

Archived