Aklon and Aerie

Fallen_Demon

Aerie... why always her? She is not guilty that (almost) all of us hate her for messing with forbidden NPCs. But still :p

Heh! I don't hate her, but I am not presently happy with her for holding up Aklon for the rest of us. :p But I guess I can be patient a little while longer. He will be worth the wait. :)

Yeah, poor guy. Used to be the only rooster on the farm, now there's all these new guys encroaching on 'his' territory. Losing your monopoly is such a difficult thing. But fun to watch hehe.

... And I still don't like Aerie. :p I actually gotta say, I'm not sure how I feel about Aklon, knowing he's attracted to someone like her... I guess I'll have to wait and see. Can a man be attracted to two so different women? Will there be a difference in the resulting relationship ie bring out something different in Aklon? Am I over thinking this? Totally.

I have trouble buying into romance conflicts in terms of someone "competing" with my character. I mean personally if I had some hussy trying to move in on a man I was after and I could turn into the Slayer at will? I'd forsee some messy ends... ;)

Yeah, poor guy. Used to be the only rooster on the farm, now there's all these new guys encroaching on 'his' territory. Losing your monopoly is such a difficult thing. But fun to watch hehe.

It can only lead to serious crankytimes for our favourite knight-in-waiting. :D

... And I still don't like Aerie. :p I actually gotta say, I'm not sure how I feel about Aklon, knowing he's attracted to someone like her... I guess I'll have to wait and see. Can a man be attracted to two so different women? Will there be a difference in the resulting relationship ie bring out something different in Aklon? Am I over thinking this? Totally.

There is a significant difference in tone between the Aerie and PC romances, and they come from different aspects of Aklon's personality along with Aerie and the PC's different ways of interacting with him. I won't spoil anything, but I think you won't be disappointed along those lines.

I have trouble buying into romance conflicts in terms of someone "competing" with my character. I mean personally if I had some hussy trying to move in on a man I was after and I could turn into the Slayer at will? I'd forsee some messy ends... ;)

Not so much The Eternal Triangle as the Abrupt Face Removal? :p

There's relatively little conflict as such with the PC, though it will be possible for you to bring the matter to a head, if you think you're "losing". Plus, there's always the force-attack option...

Question... Will Aklon interject if charname sends Aerie back to the circus?

That will depend on how far along the romance track is between Aklon and Aerie. In the beginning, when he doesn't know her from a shrubbery, he won't care, but later on, he might have a word or two to say. I will say that he won't be "stuck" to her as Jaheira/Khalid and Minsc/Dynaheir were, at least not in SoA.

Psshh, it is so not coming to that. Who brings along 6'7'' worth of eye candy only to let him wander off with the whiny elf. Luckily Charname has an omnipotent being with powers like 'Reload game' and 'Ctrl +R, who needs a cleric' on her side that will make sure things go her way, one way or another. :p

I think most "side romances" only have one effect: they make most female players vehemently hate the object of their love interest's affections.

I wonder, though: what happens if a female player starts an Aklon-Aerie-Haer'Dalis-Darian-Anomen party? I have a feeling there'll be lots of blood...

I knew there was a reason I only ever let Imoen tag along. By the time she gets rescued my PC already has her man hooked right good. ;) On a different note, I wandered over to Aklon's website and came across the NPC reactions section. Given Aerie became Minsc's witch, shouldn't he have something to say about this disturbing err I mean lovely turn of events? Not sure how or if Bioware ever addressed that with a male PC romancing Aerie. Good or bad, I wouldn't expect Minsc to be ambivalent towards Aklon.

And another thought that's been bouncing around my skull... I'm assuming one of the 'common ground' topics that Aerie and Aklon find is their history of being slaves. Does the PC's own imprisonment/torture etc come up at all? In a way she knows exactly what Aklon's been through. One of the reasons I couldn't imagine anyone but an Evil (capital E) PC keeping him as a slave.

Psshh, it is so not coming to that. Who brings along 6'7'' worth of eye candy only to let him wander off with the whiny elf. Luckily Charname has an omnipotent being with powers like 'Reload game' and 'Ctrl +R, who needs a cleric' on her side that will make sure things go her way, one way or another. :p

Or you could bring Anomen as a cleric and watch the sparks fly. Unless you prefer being the cleric yourself and doing a bit of laying-on-of-hands.

I think most "side romances" only have one effect: they make most female players vehemently hate the object of their love interest's affections.

I wonder, though: what happens if a female player starts an Aklon-Aerie-Haer'Dalis-Darian-Anomen party? I have a feeling there'll be lots of blood...

Certainly some, Aklon and Haer'Dalis have a few... issues over Aerie. But a lot of that blood might come from the mods grinding one another's gears, I think. :D

I knew there was a reason I only ever let Imoen tag along. By the time she gets rescued my PC already has her man hooked right good. ;) On a different note, I wandered over to Aklon's website and came across the NPC reactions section. Given Aerie became Minsc's witch, shouldn't he have something to say about this disturbing err I mean lovely turn of events? Not sure how or if Bioware ever addressed that with a male PC romancing Aerie. Good or bad, I wouldn't expect Minsc to be ambivalent towards Aklon.

Minsc I've envisioned as actually quite liking Aklon (he does literally kick butt on occasion, after all), though Aklon's always a bit wary of Minsc's eccentricity, in case he suddenly decides Aklon's not very nice and that two handed sword comes swinging his way.

As to his attitude, well...

Aklon will comment on Aerie becoming Minsc's witch, but overall he won't be too worried about it. Even fully down the romance path, he assumes that Minsc isn't being tricky, and that the relationship he seeks is exactly what it purports to be.

And another thought that's been bouncing around my skull... I'm assuming one of the 'common ground' topics that Aerie and Aklon find is their history of being slaves. Does the PC's own imprisonment/torture etc come up at all? In a way she knows exactly what Aklon's been through. One of the reasons I couldn't imagine anyone but an Evil (capital E) PC keeping him as a slave.

The PC can bring up her imprisonment and torture, as I assume that unless she does, Aklon has only a vague idea about what happened. If that's done, there is a chance for some common ground bonding on that score, and similarly when the Bhaalspawn issue comes up, that's taken in a similar way as well. Let us say that Aklon's motivation for chasing Irenicus can become somewhat personal in the right circumstances.

Archived