Version 19 bug reports

Just want to mention that it is quest pack that makes her notice the flail, so good place to look, unless SCS or something else also does that now.

Yeah, I just post stuff here for ease and laziness to be honest.

Anyway, heres a wierd thing regarding the lich spawn in the undead city part of the beholder lair for the Cleric stronghold quest. Everytime it starts casting Summon Fiend, it just immediately fizzles out and doesn't work at all. This is the 1st caster I've fought that has used the spell, so I don't know if it happens with other ones.

If it matters, my character has the Sensate Amulet equipped, which grants permanent Protection from Evil although to be honest, I can't really see how it would.

So the summoning thing I mentioned above also occurs with Yuan-Ti Mages when they attempt to cast Monster Summoning III. I do tend to move about a lot during fights vs mages, so it may be possible the spell is fizzling out after I go out of sight of the mage.

Also, Haer'Dalis went and attacked me (again) during the summoning of the planar prison, although this time I could enter it without a CTD.

After more testing regarding the summoning issue, it seems likely the issue is something to do with the spell targeting the PC while it is invisible. When the caster targets itself or something visible (such as a previous summon) the spell goes off flawlessly. If its not too much trouble to code, then the enemy mage would probably better placed targetting all summons upon itself, they can't hurt it after all.

Edit: - Demon summoning spells fail regardless of visibility when targetting the PC. However, summoning planetars seems to work fine. I haven't found a cleric capable of summoning devas yet, I'll get back to you regarding those when I encounter one.

Looks like I've figured out the problem mentioned here and here. Some changes should be done to scsii.tph.

Lines 2490-2494

OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_web~) ~spdr102~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_lightning_blot~) ~spdr103~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_improved_invisibility~) ~spdr104~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_chaos~) ~spdr105~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_chain_lightning~) ~spdr106~

should be changed to

OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_web~) ~spdr201~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_lightning_blot~) ~spdr301~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_improved_invisibility~) ~spdr401~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_chaos~) ~spdr501~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_chain_lightning~) ~spdr601~
OUTER_SPRINT $spell_file_array(~cleric_sunscorch~) ~sppr116~

I noticed that enemy summoned Efreeti do nothing once the spell is cast and they appear.

I also have a couple of things for aVenger which I'll post here (too lazy to get an account at SHS :) )

The first involves the Chosen of Cyric encounter. If you manage to interrupt the cleric's 1st spell, he ceases all activity, remaining completly still until you hit him with something.

Second is a very minor thing with the shadow thieves content from quest pack with RR, specifically regarding the short sword of backstabbing that Aran Linvail recieves with RR's enhancements. If you destroy the shadow thieves in chapter 6 for Inspector Brega, Aran does not have the sword on him, which he should have. Is this an incompatibility, or have I missed something obvious?

Some feedback regarding the final battle in SoA. My tactic was to rush down one of the stairways and hope the dragon blocked at least one of the 5 enemies. A bit cheesy perhaps, but I couldn't think of anything else. As it happened, the wraith and Irenicus himself were stuck behind it, saving me an enormous amount of grief. I ended up using only 2 potions, and one charge of the rod of resurrection.

Some things about the individual enemies.

Firstly, the beholder only did 1 or 2 rounds of attacks, then stopped completely and did nothing else until I killed it. It died 2nd. The only thing I can think of is it detected the shield of Balduran and stopped attacking because of that, despite it being in my bag of holding, rather than equipped or 1 of the personal item slots.

The sword performed as it should, and was actually a threat until I killed it (1st, since the beholder did nothing, as noted) I used the Ring of the Ram, and various spell scrolls. Use any Item is really nice. The wraith died next, but was no threat behind the dragon. It is really hard to hit though, only taking damage with a roll of 13 or better from a THAC0 of -11. I think it would be an incredibly dangerous opponent if it can reach you.

Next was Irenicus, who has a surprisingly small selection of spells, although he could have used most of the AOE ones before I attacked him, the wraith lasted a long while. The dragon fell last and I noticed that it does not have its hitpoints tripled by the improved dragon staying power component. Is this intentional?

Btw, shadow dragons are ridiculously weak if you're immune to level drain, since their breath does virtually nothing except that, (short time blind is nothing really) if its not too much outside the remit of the mod, perhaps add a bit of damage to it as well. Alternatively, give them more spells than protection from magic weapons, Firkraag and the black dragon for instance get a few acid arrows, its not much but its better than nothing.

This is getting long, so I'll post anything regarding the 2nd part in a new post.

HLA use sets scripting state 4, which messes with the script blocks for berzerkers/barbarians to refresh their rage (i.e. they'll try to do so even before it's run it's course). A timer would be a better way to handle rage uses (60 secs for berzerker, 30 secs for barbarian) since the rage state can't be removed in any way before it expires.

Also, enemies with HLA's should check if they have a valid target (i.e. not under ProMW) before launching something like whirlwind or smite, otherwise the ability is wasted.

Probably misc\antimagicscript.ssl should have %spell% instead of %spell%d.
This is due to antimagic penetrating improved invisibility.

HLA use sets scripting state 4, which messes with the script blocks for berzerkers/barbarians to refresh their rage (i.e. they'll try to do so even before it's run it's course). A timer would be a better way to handle rage uses (60 secs for berzerker, 30 secs for barbarian) since the rage state can't be removed in any way before it expires.
I'd rather make a use of ToBEx's extended stats.

Archived