Disable certain cosmetic tweaks

Guest Da Noob

Guest Da Noob

Hello,

In the G3_bg2_tweaks pack there is a certain cosmetic tweak described as follows:

Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

This component will change characters' avatars to a mage if they equip a robe or a fighter/thief/cleric if they equip armor. This allows a thief/mage, for example, to equip a robe and look like as if he is actually wearing one, and then equip a piece of leather armor, and look like a thief. This component will affect all items in the game, including those added by mods.

in the ream_me file, it says to run the setup.exe for the tweaks pack again in order to reinstall, uninstall, or change any components but when I run the setup file again, all it does is give me the opportunity to install various parts of the tweak pack. there is no option to unistall or disable certain parts of the twaek pack. How do I remove the Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)?

thx for any help

How do I remove the Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)?
Ypu follow the instructions given to you on the screen... so you answer to the first question with an "n" and Enter push, as you do not wish... and you then that the road where it leads to, so you should get to the question if you wish to reinstall, uninstall or not alterate the choises, that is if the component is already installed, if you had already uninstalled one of the mods installed before thst component, then you are gives a choise to install it or not.

Now if you have multiple modsinstalled and you get confused on what you need to do to uninstall a mod, or even wiorse if you use the BiG World Setup to install your mods, then a reinstall is easier solution to all your problems. And if you don't have the BiG World Setup's .vbs file, remember to clean you installation folder after take the first step that is, you uninstall the game from the control panel, as the mods leave data to the game folder you don't want them to store when you reinstall the clean game.

Guest Da Noob
...or even wiorse if you use the BiG World Setup to install your mods...

Well that sux, I do use the Big World Setup as my way of playing all the BG games together. I've had no trouble out of it soo far except that I can't change my avatar to something like a vampire using Shadow Keeper. I read a post online that had a similar problem to my own (Read exact problem here)

When I put on any armor, the game automatically switches my avatar and paper-doll back to my original human form instead of maintaining my vampire form.

I read that to fix this problem, I could uninstall the G3_BG2_tweak pack section that said:

"Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

This component will change characters' avatars to a mage if they equip a robe or a fighter/thief/cleric if they equip armor. This allows a thief/mage, for example, to equip a robe and look like as if he is actually wearing one, and then equip a piece of leather armor, and look like a thief. This component will affect all items in the game, including those added by mods."

I started the G3_BG2_tweak.exe, then I uninstalled Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor, but still when I change my avatar to anything fun with Shadow Keeper (Vampire or anything else) my avatar will not stay changed when I put on any armor.

Plus, there is no paper-doll in the inventory screen when I change my avatar to various forms. Is there any way to edit the avatar and the paper-doll separately?

Plus, When I change certain colors with Shadow Keeper, it just makes the game crash when I load the edited save game file.

Sorry if this is old news to you guys, I'm a noob but I would appreciate any help i can get! ;)

Plus, there is no paper-doll in the inventory screen when I change my avatar to various forms. Is there any way to edit the avatar and the paper-doll separately?
Not really - they both relate to the same entry in anisnd.ids etc. I don't know what you mean by "vampire form" but if you've changed your character to the monster vampire animation, it doesn't have armour overlays (generally only character animations do).
Plus, When I change certain colors with Shadow Keeper, it just makes the game crash when I load the edited save game file.
Known issue - stick with colours that don't crash.

Archived