Android Gem

Guest Silvus

Guest Orwell

First I want to thank any of you who have been involved in the development of this fantastic project, I am very excited to get it working on my Xoom. It looks like the devs have gone to great lengths to make the setup foolproof - but they didn't anticipate a fool of my magnitude.

I am having the same problem as OP with the engine going to a black screen and shutting off. Interestingly though (this is a BG1 install), there are no CD folders in my Windows install. Does this have something to do with the version of BG I am using? IIRC, it was one of the versions with all the add-ons included.

Otherwise, config file looks alright, although I didn't edit any of the paths because that wasn't in the instructions on the Market. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to offer me some guidance? Thanks in advance.

Guest Orwell

Sorry for the double post as I am posting as a guest - just wanted to note that when I installed the BG2 demo, it worked correctly. Thoughts?

Guest Orwell
try emptying the "cache" folder. Otherwise get alogcat or we can't help.

Thanks, I'll do that as soon as I get home. In the meantime, what do you make of the issue about the "CD" folders? Is BG1supposed to install with folders titled CD#?

try emptying the "cache" folder. Otherwise get alogcat or we can't help.

Thanks, I'll do that as soon as I get home. In the meantime, what do you make of the issue about the "CD" folders? Is BG1supposed to install with folders titled CD#?

My version does. But it is irrelevant, as long as all the used paths are listed. GemRB supports 6 paths, that is more than enough for any IE game. If some of the config paths remains unused, it is not an issue. If your installed version doesn't contain CDn folders, then don't configure such paths. Configure those you have (i guess, you will have only one).

Archived