User Friendliness

Pacek

I have a question: why doesn't L1NPCs use the ingame Character gen screen to choose profs and skills?(just like SCS does)It is so much easier, less time-intensive and more fun than entering a sequence of numbers in a black screen. ;)

You do use the game interface to choose skills and proficiencies... after level 1. Why not from level 0? See the FAQ.

Q: That sounds complicated and time consuming. Why didn't you just set the NPCs to level zero like I do with Shadowkeeper and skip this long sequence of selection menus?

A: Because leveling from zero to one doesn't give you the correct amount of thief skill points nor weapon proficiencies. If I'd done that, your party members would be permanently short - or - I'd have to pick where to assign this stuff for you, which rather defeats the purpose of the mod, doesn't it?

It isn't time-consuming to do it for 1 NPC, but rather for many NPCs. Would the game interface be any quicker to assign skills to several NPCs? No.
You do use the game interface to choose skills and proficiencies... after level 1. Why not from level 0? See the FAQ.
Q: That sounds complicated and time consuming. Why didn't you just set the NPCs to level zero like I do with Shadowkeeper and skip this long sequence of selection menus?

A: Because leveling from zero to one doesn't give you the correct amount of thief skill points nor weapon proficiencies. If I'd done that, your party members would be permanently short - or - I'd have to pick where to assign this stuff for you, which rather defeats the purpose of the mod, doesn't it?

It isn't time-consuming to do it for 1 NPC, but rather for many NPCs. Would the game interface be any quicker to assign skills to several NPCs? No.

Stratagems seems to take care of the bonus proficiencies pretty well, and I believe it simply awards every character 15 base theif points in some ability - pretty arbitrary, but fairly innocuous. The only thing left is to award some gear. And if we're heading to the level up screen anyway, well why not huh? But its your mod after all and I am but a dreamer, so please do with it as you wish!

Archived